300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jabba Ranks View Post
    I was told I was going to be scheduled for a second poly graph a little over 5-6 weeks ago. Do you guys think reaching out to my background investigator to ask about this considered a bad idea?
    I don't think that would be a bad idea. I had my second poly scheduled about a month after my first one. I would shoot him/her an email maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jabba Ranks View Post
      I was told I was going to be scheduled for a second poly graph a little over 5-6 weeks ago. Do you guys think reaching out to my background investigator to ask about this considered a bad idea?
      I would say there is no harm in reaching out especially since it's been over a month.

Comment

• I hope all who took the PAT this morning passed

Comment

• I just got the call for class 208. To everyone still going through the process, just keep it up. It will pay off in the end.

Comment

• vuongv89
            vuongv89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Get it bro!

• Aaronv24
            Aaronv24 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats brotha !

• Anyone know what the medical consist of and why they started doing a blood draw?

Comment

• vuongv89
            vuongv89 commented
            Editing a comment
            To make sure you don't have any bloodborne disease or illness that can be spread

• I was told a little over a month ago that my file was going to be sent for review. Unfortunately, money has been tight lately so I picked up a second job through a temp agency to supplement my current income. Should I still inform my BI of my second job even though my file has already been finished up ?

Comment

• vuongv89
            vuongv89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Review as in for conditional offer? But yes inform your BI about your second job

• So a little update on my end. I have completed the process for RSO and here's my timeline:

Oct - Application
          Oct - Written
          Nov - PAT
          Dec - Background Interview
          Jan - Poly
          Feb - Mentorship Program
          May - Conditional
          May - Psych
          June - Medical
          June - Home Visit

Comment

• Dt1911
            Dt1911 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats bro!

• EXHUMED
            EXHUMED commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats man. Would you say about 4 weeks was the time line you heard back after passing your poly? And after your poly, you attended the mentorship program before receiving a conditional offer?

• How soon after the PAT do you receive your background packet?

Comment

• Aaronv24
            Aaronv24 commented
            Editing a comment
            You will receive your background packet that same day once you pass the PAT.

• Ocelot213
            Ocelot213 commented
            Editing a comment
            I did the pre-background packet right after the PAT but they said we'll get another packet via email and to check our spam folders constantly. Just wondering how long it will take to receive that one.

• Never mind I forgot they do it online now

Comment

• Finally submitted my application. Damn they weren't kidding when they said it was extensive. How long after you guys submitted your background packet did you hear anything?

Comment

• vuongv89
              vuongv89 commented
              Editing a comment
              took me 3 weeks but that was before the eSoph

• Hi guys. I understand that my background investigator has to send local law enforcement checks to places that I lived, went to school, etc. Does anybody that completed this process have a rough estimate on the turn around for that? My background inv. Sent them out two weeks ago. I was also curious as to what exactly these letters ask for (traffic tickets, etc)?

Comment

• vuongv89
              vuongv89 commented
              Editing a comment
              your whole background process takes couple of months to complete and that's just a small part of it

• Anyone know how many people are in class 208?

Comment

• vuongv89
              vuongv89 commented
              Editing a comment
              Roughly 90

• Originally posted by Spence3216 View Post
            Hi guys. I understand that my background investigator has to send local law enforcement checks to places that I lived, went to school, etc. Does anybody that completed this process have a rough estimate on the turn around for that? My background inv. Sent them out two weeks ago. I was also curious as to what exactly these letters ask for (traffic tickets, etc)?
            Can take up to 2 months or longer, depending on the department they send them to. Yes they are asking for any type of contacts, citations, arrests, etc. Normally applicants are not privy to when all the gets collected. Best advice to give when going through any process is be honest and forthcoming about your self, especially if youve had ANY type of contact with law enforcement, and chill out. A background investigator usually carries a pretty good case load, you'll drive yourself crazy worrying about timelines and what not. Good luck!
            sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
            -George Orwell

Comment

• Spence3216
              Spence3216 commented
              Editing a comment
              Everything is good to go! I just forgot exact dates, which is why I worry!

• Took my poly last week. Feel that it went well, no post poly interview or comments that I showed deception. Anybody else going through the process right now?

Comment

• vuongv89
              vuongv89 commented
              Editing a comment
              they should of told you if you passed

• vuongv89
              vuongv89 commented
              Editing a comment
              If you did pass your poly, next step would be attending the Mentorship Program when offered and if you are able to

• Poncholiner
              Poncholiner commented
              Editing a comment
              He didn't necessarily say "you passed" but afterwards just said congrats and you should be hearing from BI soon. I wasn't going to ask him if I passed as that wouldn't instill confidence that I told the truth. Overall was quick and unlike the 2 other polygraphs I passed previously with other departments.

• Got the DQ email today, about 1.5 months after taking the poly for a second time. Not sure my background was ever started since none of my references received a call. Maybe something else in my packet.

Got an application with another agency so we'll see how that goes. Other than that, see you guys in a year if I end up applying again!

God speed and best of luck to everyone here.

Comment

• Dt1911
              Dt1911 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry to hear that, man. Good luck with the next one!

• Ocelot213
              Ocelot213 commented
              Editing a comment
              Damn that sucks. I thought references were contacted before the poly. I wish they told you why you were denied. What if it's something you can't fix and they deny you again for that when you re-apply.

• vuongv89
              vuongv89 commented
              Editing a comment
              it really depends who your BI is. I had my poly in Jan and reference letters didn't get sent out til end of April. But sorry to hear about your DQ. Don't quit!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4657 users online. 191 members and 4466 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X