300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SyntaxError View Post
    I was told that I passed the medical and my home visit is scheduled for Saturday.
    What does medical consist of I’m recovering from a hand sprain right now

Comment

• SyntaxError
      SyntaxError commented
      Editing a comment
      Eye exam, blood draw, they check your lungs, hearing test, and a couple of other things. Then the doctor checks your charts and checks for hernias and checks your mobility.

• How long till you guys heard anything about your polygraph? Had mine this morning and thought it went well, but was told I had a reaction to one of the questions.

Has anyone had to go back for a second poly, or is it usually just one shot and that's it?

Comment

• SyntaxError
      SyntaxError commented
      Editing a comment
      I was told right after the examiner talked to his supervisor that I passed the poly. They should tell you the same day.

• EXHUMED
      EXHUMED commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn, not good for me. The other guy with me went back in, I was told to wait until I hear back from my BI.

• Unfortunately, I didnt pass the psych. Good luck to the rest of you in the process!

Comment

• SyntaxError
      SyntaxError commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s a bummer man, I’d appeal the decision for sure.

• Dt1911
      Dt1911 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am considering it. However, I am certified for hire with an out of state agency and just waiting on my academy date. Depending on what the appeal process is, it may or may not be worth it for me. It's a huge bummer, but it is what it is.

• SyntaxError
      SyntaxError commented
      Editing a comment
      I see, at least you have other options. Either way good luck brother!

• Dt1911
      Dt1911 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, man. I was pretty bummed but everything happens for a reason. Good luck in the academy and congratulations again!

• Going to take my 2nd PAT April 20th.

Comment

• Did my 2nd PAT this past Saturday. Next DST academy is still on track for July 2nd. The run was done on the street and not the dirt track and the street had inclines and declines. Needless to say, quite a few people threw up haha.

Comment

• SyntaxError
        SyntaxError commented
        Editing a comment
        It was 13:15. Fortunately, I still have plenty of time to bring that down. My BI told me to just keep working on my running and that they want people to be running in the 11-12 minute range.

• vuongv89
        vuongv89 commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah they want you no more than 12:30

• Dt1911
        Dt1911 commented
        Editing a comment
        You got this, man!

• SyntaxError
        SyntaxError commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I’m not worried about it, I have plenty of time to get my times below 12:30. I’m just glad I’m done with the process and I hope to get the call soon.

• Got news finally that my file should be finished up by the end of this week then it’s off for review. I should be scheduled for psych pretty soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronv24 View Post
        Got news finally that my file should be finished up by the end of this week then it’s off for review. I should be scheduled for psych pretty soon.
        Congrats brother! Yeah seems like they are starting to move people along to psych

Comment

• Aaronv24
          Aaronv24 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! Yeah hopefully it starts to pick up.

• final psych next week!! can't wait

Comment

• Got a second poly coming up. Obviously upset I didn't pass the first, but glad I was given a second chance.

Comment

• You guys got this !

Comment

• Originally posted by EXHUMED View Post
              Got a second poly coming up. Obviously upset I didn't pass the first, but glad I was given a second chance.
              Go get em!

Comment

• Did anyone who finished the process, completed their psych, or waiting for their medical receive an email from their BI about the mentorship program starting May 14th and that attending the program on that day mandatory? The program ends after class 208 is supposed to start.

Comment

• Originally posted by SyntaxError View Post
                  Did anyone who finished the process, completed their psych, or waiting for their medical receive an email from their BI about the mentorship program starting May 14th and that attending the program on that day mandatory? The program ends after class 208 is supposed to start.
                  Well everyone who was in the last MP are coming back so I'll see you on Tuesday! And yeah i got the email from my BI haha

Comment

• SyntaxError
                    SyntaxError commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh wow really? That’s interesting haha I wonder why you guys will have to come back.

• vuongv89
                    vuongv89 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    For us it's just to train with the class and teach class 209

• Just curious does anyone know how assignment works for after academy? Are there stations you can ask for that will put you straight onto patrol? I have heard that Indio area and Palm Desert area can get you directly onto patrol and wanted to see if anyone knew if that was true.

Comment

• SyntaxError
                    SyntaxError commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When you go through your background interview, your BI will give you a sheet that has the regions of Riverside County and you’ll pick which ones you’d like to work.

• Does anyone know how long is their probationary period? Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7662 users online. 418 members and 7244 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X