Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CPDEMT
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2009

It's properly referred to as the "Coastal Marine Layer", even if you live 100 miles inland!

Comment

• avalon42
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2007

post deleted
      Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Martial_Law
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by CPDEMT
        It's properly referred to as the "Coastal Marine Layer", even if you live 100 miles inland!
        LOL! Ain't that the truth....!!??!

Comment

• SBSO_DISPATCHER
          Poke'mon Master
          • Apr 2009

lol @ smog hahahahahha You would have had more fun at Knotts or 6 FLAGS
          Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

• DCH
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2004

Whoa man, you just reminded me of how bad that L.A. smog used to be during that time IE copper!

From the hills up in the east Anaheim part of the city, you could look towards downtown L.A. and the horizon in the background during hot summer days and see a THICK BROWN layer of smog from South Bay to Pomona Valley... I mean it was thick and vast.

L.A. Metro AQMD has done a good job over the last few dozen years to clean up the air finally.
            Timelines:

CBPO
            App: 2/12/09
            Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
            Written: 2/20/09
            NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
            TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
            App: 5/5/09
            Geo: San Diego
            Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
            NOR: 7/20/09
            Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
            TO: 10/6/09
            Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
            Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
            Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
            App: 8/17/10
            Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
            TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

• FlyingPig1
              Forum Member
              • Sep 2010

If you ask for an LEO discount at Disneyland, expect to be grilled and have your bags searched and be wanded for your off duty weapon. You wont get any love out of Disney.
              Or you can do what I do, keep your mouth shut about being a cop, and as they are searching your wifes purse for a dirty bomb, you walk right on through "security" with your waistband concealed custom Kimber Ultra Carry II in condition 1!

Comment

• L-1
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DCH
                Whoa man, you just reminded me of how bad that L.A. smog used to be during that time IE copper!

From the hills up in the east Anaheim part of the city, you could look towards downtown L.A. and the horizon in the background during hot summer days and see a THICK BROWN layer of smog from South Bay to Pomona Valley... I mean it was thick and vast.

L.A. Metro AQMD has done a good job over the last few dozen years to clean up the air finally.
                Its funny you mention that (and not to hijack the thread) but a few years ago I started having to make annual trips to Tijuana where there are no vehicle emission control laws. Although the place I go to is no more than a mile over the border, the minute I open the car door I am overwhelmed with the smell of vehicle exhaust. It wasn't until I started making those trips that I realized how much of a difference our vehicle emission standards made in our air quality.
                Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• beachcop05
                  Forum Member
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by L-1
                  Its funny you mention that (and not to hijack the thread) but a few years ago I started having to make annual trips to Tijuana where there are no vehicle emission control laws. Although the place I go to is no more than a mile over the border, the minute I open the car door I am overwhelmed with the smell of vehicle exhaust. It wasn't until I started making those trips that I realized how much of a difference our vehicle emission standards made in our air quality.
                  I hear you, Tijuana is a toilet....we could smell it across the border in San Diego.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17238 users online. 29 members and 17209 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...