• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all you LAPD Gun Nuts!

No connection to the seller... Ithaca's are by far my fav shotties

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=258760748
    sigpic

Too bad that the only people remotely interested in this shotgn would be dinosaurs like me.

In the mid 90's we went from Ithica Model 37's to Remington 870's.

I have my own patrol style Ithica M37.
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
      Too bad that the only people remotely interested in this shotgn would be dinosaurs like me.

In the mid 90's we went from Ithica Model 37's to Remington 870's.

I have my own patrol style Ithica M37.

LASD used them up to two years ago.

Comment

I threw one in the hoop yesterday!!
        The RANGER God cried from above
        Lightning flashed from the darkened sun
        Hailstones fell and the earth did mourn
        It was a solem day for all Airborne
        June 2001 will be
        A tragic piece of RANGER history
        Time stood still on that cursed day
        Cuz legs were donning black berets

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger Hoot View Post
          I threw one in the hoop yesterday!!
          In the old days we called them radio cars......
          Retired LASD

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
            In the old days we called them radio cars......
            In NY we still call them that. Radio motor patrol, RMP for short.

Comment

The LAPD is in the process of giving the old Ithacas away in a lottery. I would love one, but you're only eligible for the lottery if you were on the job when the Ithacas were in service and you trained on it. Oh well, that counts me out.

Comment

We have had the new Remingtons at the station for a year and a half now. Talk about HEAVY. And yes, I would buy an old Dept Ithica in a heart beat.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Smurfette
                Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                Originally posted by DAL
                You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

itchy what? throw some cream on it.....
                  Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

New Remingtons??

I guess Remingtons would be considered new compared to the Winchesters. 870's have actually been around a LONG time too.
                    Timelines:

CBPO
                    App: 2/12/09
                    Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                    Written: 2/20/09
                    NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                    TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                    App: 5/5/09
                    Geo: San Diego
                    Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                    NOR: 7/20/09
                    Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                    TO: 10/6/09
                    Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                    Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                    Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                    App: 8/17/10
                    Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                    TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
                      We have had the new Remingtons at the station for a year and a half now. Talk about HEAVY. And yes, I would buy an old Dept Ithica in a heart beat.
                      Before you could take home one of those old Ithaca shotguns, you might need to stretch out the barrel a few inches!
                      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
                        Before you could take home one of those old Ithaca shotguns, you might need to stretch out the barrel a few inches!
                        After I purchased mine, 30 years+ ago, I went to shoot skeet. The guy threatened to kick me off the premises, until we pulled the barrel off, and measured from the muzzle to the last threaded flange....18 inches with none to spare. All that was visible on the outside was 17 1/2 inches.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                          After I purchased mine, 30 years+ ago, I went to shoot skeet. The guy threatened to kick me off the premises, until we pulled the barrel off, and measured from the muzzle to the last threaded flange....18 inches with none to spare. All that was visible on the outside was 17 1/2 inches.
                          It been a few years, but LASD caught heat from ATF when the later learned that the sheriff's shotgun barrels had been cut to 16 inches without the necessary federal registration paperwork. Yea, even law enforcement agencies have to register their "short barreled" shotguns if they're less than 18" in length.

As to shooting skeet: You were really handicapping yourself with that gun Kieth. Most skeet shooters these days use barrels between 28 and 32" in length. The longer barrels provide more momentum and make the shooter less likely to stop the gun, instead of following through on the shot.
                          "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

It was a one-time skeet outing with the Ithica. Never went back. It was however, more effective than the Savage bolt-action 20 ga. I tried on a previous attempt.

Never been back since.

Comment

Originally posted by Code6Chuck View Post
                              The LAPD is in the process of giving the old Ithacas away in a lottery. I would love one, but you're only eligible for the lottery if you were on the job when the Ithacas were in service and you trained on it. Oh well, that counts me out.
                              not LAPD, but I trained on it at EPA - would like the "lady" of shotguns for my own.....
                              "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6334 users online. 271 members and 6063 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X