Originally posted by Cornerb21

You just made my morning. Thank you.

of course! Anytime! Let me know how your process goes

Comment

• cali94
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Jgonzalez94

I think you are correct! Very good info by the way!
      Thank you, and your moving along I'm so excited for you, I have been reading past posted on this form, what it looks like is some people will either do the hair sample/fingerprints,ECT with a group (triage) or with their BI, and if it goes good next step would be to meet with your BI for the first or second time and get a conditional offer then you get to move on the the last tests, glad I got the email, now I can stop jumping at ever call or email that loads in my inbox

Comment

• cali94
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by 6253

Congrats!

Was this *instead* of getting a phone call to meet somewhere?
        Hey do you know if you got an email from SFPD backgrounds yet

Comment

• SFPDhopeful
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2017

Is it realistic to expect to make it to March academy if I am scheduled for Background General Meeting on Feb 1st? Have yet to hear from the actual investigator even though I sent in the background packet on Jan 05th.

Anyone know when is the next academy after March?

Comment

• cali94
            Forum Member
            • Jun 2016

Originally posted by SFPDhopeful
            Is it realistic to expect to make it to March academy if I am scheduled for Background General Meeting on Feb 1st? Have yet to hear from the actual investigator even though I sent in the background packet on Jan 05th.

Anyone know when is the next academy after March?
            Same with me, what it sounds like happens is you either do the hair sample ECT with a group or with your BI, then after you meet with your BI(1st or 2nd time) for conditional offer, I'm going in on feb, 1st as well, if the academy starts in the middle or ending of the month it could be possible (I hope)

Comment

• MACO94
              Forum Member
              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by cali94

Same with me, what it sounds like happens is you either do the hair sample ECT with a group or with your BI, then after you meet with your BI(1st or 2nd time) for conditional offer, I'm going in on feb, 1st as well, if the academy starts in the middle or ending of the month it could be possible (I hope)
              I have my meeting with my BI on the 30th. I'll keep you updated. I don't think the March academy is out of the question, of course, this is all dependent on your background and the urgency of your BI.

Comment

• cali94
                Forum Member
                • Jun 2016

Originally posted by MACO94

I have my meeting with my BI on the 30th. I'll keep you updated. I don't think the March academy is out of the question, of course, this is all dependent on your background and the urgency of your BI.
                Congrats, keep us posted

Comment

• SFPDhopeful
                  Forum Member
                  • Jan 2017

Hope there's a chance, good luck & keep us posted.

Comment

Forum Member
                    • Aug 2016

Hey do you know if you got an email from SFPD backgrounds yet
                    No contact yet.

Obviously I don't know their process or where I am in it, but they have received my packet.

I have 15 years experience as a police officer, sergeant and lieutenant in the fourth largest city in the U.S., I've never used drugs, never even smoked a cigarette, I've got a Bachelor's of Science in Psychology, never been arrested, great credit score, not a single traffic ticket in my life, zero at-fault accidents, and I did well on my written and PT tests. I have 4689 hours of police training.

I'm 46, but I can run faster and farther, lift more and jump higher, do more sit ups and push ups than I could at 25 when I went into my former agency.

Yet here I sit with no contact.

I suppose they're under no obligation to tell me if I'm not selected, or why that decision was made. Still, I am hopeful that the delay isn't something that puts me out of the running.

It's still early, so there may be any number of very good explanations for delays in my process that I simply can't know about yet.

I remain hopeful!

After so much success in law enforcement in my past, it's a strange feeling to wait for a call that might not come.

I do wish everyone the very, very best of luck, however--if you get selected, you'll have an experience and career that will be the best thing you ever did. Do your best and soak up every day. It's 100% worth it.
                    Last edited by 6253; 01-25-2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• SFPDhopeful
                      Forum Member
                      • Jan 2017

Ok, so Trump just cut federal funding for SF. Any thoughts on how this affects SFPD hiring?

Comment

• cali94
                        Forum Member
                        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by 6253

No contact yet.

Obviously I don't know their process or where I am in it, but they have received my packet.

I have 15 years experience as a police officer, sergeant and lieutenant in the fourth largest city in the U.S., I've never used drugs, never even smoked a cigarette, I've got a Bachelor's of Science in Psychology, never been arrested, great credit score, not a single traffic ticket in my life, zero at-fault accidents, and I did well on my written and PT tests. I have 4689 hours of police training.

I'm 46, but I can run faster and farther, lift more and jump higher, do more sit ups and push ups than I could at 25 when I went into my former agency.

Yet here I sit with no contact.

I suppose they're under no obligation to tell me if I'm not selected, or why that decision was made. Still, I am hopeful that the delay isn't something that puts me out of the running.

It's still early, so there may be any number of very good explanations for delays in my process that I simply can't know about yet.

I remain hopeful!

After so much success in law enforcement in my past, it's a strange feeling to wait for a call that might not come.

I do wish everyone the very, very best of luck, however--if you get selected, you'll have an experience and career that will be the best thing you ever did. Do your best and soak up every day. It's 100% worth it.
                        Once someone reviews your packet your definitely going to get selected to continue, your packet must be in a pile somewhere, they dnt have a specific order and since some BIs are part time whoever got assigned what pile just hasn't got to you yet, you will get contacted

Comment

• cali94
                          Forum Member
                          • Jun 2016

Last edited by cali94; 01-25-2017, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• cali94
                            Forum Member
                            • Jun 2016

Originally posted by SFPDhopeful
                            Ok, so Trump just cut federal funding for SF. Any thoughts on how this affects SFPD hiring?
                            Could cut down the amount of cops SFPD was going to hire and accept to the academy, unless they find another way to get funding

Comment

• Cornerb21
                              Forum Member
                              • Jul 2016

Could cut down the amount of cops SFPD was going to hire and accept to the academy, unless they find another way to get funding
                              Didn't Trump say he was going to increase funding for police though?

Comment

• SFPDhopeful
                                Forum Member
                                • Jan 2017

Well it doesnt seem to be a 100% yet, so let's hope for the best.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16645 users online. 47 members and 16598 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...