Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ccarroll
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2015

Has Anyone heard anything from the department? I saw williampenn said the next academy starts October 26th which is good. Just noticed the forums have gone silent and wasn't sure if anyone has heard anything new. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• Mg0328
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2012

I haven't heard from my BI since April. Maybe she forgot about me.

Comment

• SPX
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2015

First time posting here but been lurking this thread for a while.

Last I heard was was to turn in my packet before July 31, mailed it in July 25 right when I got the e-mail to do so on July 24.

4 days later on July 29 I got a e-mail to select "Interested" or "Non Interested".

I selected interested obviously and now awaiting the next step, anyone in the same situation? Also my next step should be the triage session right? (hair sample and fingerprints)

I'll keep posted with this thread frequently, thanks again and good luck to everyone in the process.
        Last edited by SPX; 09-01-2015, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• SPX
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2015

Just a update on my end, I got another "Notice of Referral" e-mail today to accept "Interested" and this is my second time doing so which is a bit odd.

What I noticed between my first "Notice of Referral" e-mail (07/29) and the one I got today (09/03) is that the first e-mail's deadline date was empty where the new one has a deadline to accept before 09/11. Guess this is a good thing, maybe the first e-mail for referral was bugged?

I also now have different certification number between the two e-mails.
          Last edited by SPX; 09-03-2015, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• williampenn
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2012

Those who are chosen for the Oct 26 class will be notified 2 weeks prior to that. The next class will be in Feb.

Originally posted by ccarroll
            Has Anyone heard anything from the department? I saw williampenn said the next academy starts October 26th which is good. Just noticed the forums have gone silent and wasn't sure if anyone has heard anything new. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• SPX
              Forum Member
              • Jul 2015

Scheduled for a SFPD background meeting on the 17th.

Hope to see whoever is going there on these forums. Good luck!

Comment

• Jsams
                Forum Member
                • Aug 2015

My first time in the forum
                Last edited by Jsams; 09-06-2015, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Jsams
                  Forum Member
                  • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Cj_valero
                  Hey guys, just a quick update. I just got a email from BG unit. I have a "general meeting" scheduled on May 7 at 850 Bryant. Seems the process is moving along quickly.
                  What is the general meeting consist of if you don't mind me asking? I have an investigator who sent my references the questionaire and all were sent back. Is this a background interview because I have not yet been contacted directly by my BI but is scheduled for meeting sept 17, any thoughts thanks
                  Last edited by Jsams; 09-06-2015, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• NOfinest
                    Forum Member
                    • Jun 2015

Originally posted by GreyAgent
                    How soon do you get confirmation of passing after taking the PAT?

I was out of breath after the wall jump signed my paper and walked out not really looking at my scores, I aced everything in numbers out of the other events, but forgot to check my run time on the wall! Yikes!

I had no trouble getting over the wall and running thru it, but forgot to look at my time! I think I heard the next day though they say will send a pass or fail from Jenn? Anyone care to give their 2 cents on this if they know! :-D
                    She will send an email stating you passed...I don't think they let you through if you fail...I wrote my scores on my hand at the desk in the hallway (the guy with the sheets allowed us to)

Comment

• NOfinest
                      Forum Member
                      • Jun 2015

"How soon do you get confirmation of passing after taking the PAT?"

Can you answer the original question though please NOfinest?
                      It was within the week...I tested on a Sunday and got the email Wednesday

Comment

• Dan_Kaluha
                        Forum Member
                        • Mar 2015

How many questions are you supposed to answer correctly on the oral in order to receive a passing score?

Thank you.
                        Last edited by Dan_Kaluha; 09-21-2015, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• williampenn
                          Forum Member
                          • Nov 2012

Depends, sometimes you find out in a couple of days, other times it could take 2 weeks or longer.
                          "How soon do you get confirmation of passing after taking the PAT?"

Can you answer the original question though please NOfinest?

Comment

• williampenn
                            Forum Member
                            • Nov 2012

Calls for the Oct 26 academy will be going on on Friday Oct 9.

Comment

• williampenn
                              Forum Member
                              • Nov 2012

If your credit is good and your bills are current, there is no problem. How much money you have in the bank is your business.
                              Question: Im curious as to SFPD interest in your credit history, I have good credit 700+, so I know im fine on that, but are they also interested in how much debt you have? Do they specifically want to know your personal finances, like how much money you have in the bank as well?

*Edit: Also do they consider student loans as a disqualifier as well but you always have paid on time and paying down your loans?

Comment

• Kenn_ltpd
                                Forum Member
                                • Sep 2015

How's it going? I'm new to this thread and I have a few questions if anyone can help. I'm an officer from NJ and looking into moving to the Bay Area. So my question is,

I just mailed in my packet yesterday what would be an estimated timeline that if I pass everything I would go into the academy?

Another question, where do most recruits live while attending the academy?

I have read many posts on this forum and some people have mixed experiences with this process. If hired I would be moving with my wife and daughter. So I'm kinda stressed how much time the sfpd gives you before start the academy. I would have to either rent out my house or try to sell it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12164 users online. 75 members and 12089 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...