Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SFPD Testing

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sulaco View Post
    My process seems to be going no where, feels like I am on the back burner. I get no answers from background unit, everyone else on here has been contacted by a BI. I finished my enlistment with the army special forces and to get into police department seems way harder.
    That's how I feel man, just be patient and try to find something to do to distract yourself. My application started in April, and I turned in my packet in June, and waited until September before being assigned a BI

    Comment


    • I mailed my PHS on Apr 30 and just received a letter 2 weeks ago saying I was ineligible (DQ'd) for one or more of the bullet-pointed reasons mentioned (credit, employment crim. record, etc). Then the following week I received an e-mail asking me to respond to a conditional offer by clicking on a link and saying yes. I'm moving on but I don't think all systems are connected at the admin level over there.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Naldo View Post
        I mailed my PHS on Apr 30 and just received a letter 2 weeks ago saying I was ineligible (DQ'd) for one or more of the bullet-pointed reasons mentioned (credit, employment crim. record, etc). Then the following week I received an e-mail asking me to respond to a conditional offer by clicking on a link and saying yes. I'm moving on but I don't think all systems are connected at the admin level over there.
        Yeah its really confusing but I guess just follow what they say and Keep trying.

        Comment


        • Hope tommorow is a good day. I will see some of you at the meeting, good luck to everyone!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by K_Jaay View Post
            Hope tommorow is a good day. I will see some of you at the meeting, good luck to everyone!
            I will be there. Bright and early. Well more like 0930. I'll be the guy in a suit. Hahaha

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Mg0328 View Post
              I will be there. Bright and early. Well more like 0930. I'll be the guy in a suit. Hahaha
              See you guys!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Naldo View Post
                I mailed my PHS on Apr 30 and just received a letter 2 weeks ago saying I was ineligible (DQ'd) for one or more of the bullet-pointed reasons mentioned (credit, employment crim. record, etc). Then the following week I received an e-mail asking me to respond to a conditional offer by clicking on a link and saying yes. I'm moving on but I don't think all systems are connected at the admin level over there.
                Just keep trying brother! Nobody said was going to be easy! Did you have a BI assigned to you prior to the letter? Did you go to a BI meeting/interview? I'm just wondering how far in the process you got since my packet was submitted around the same due date, April 30th.
                Last edited by K-9Unit; 10-07-2014, 07:43 PM.

                Comment


                • This group meeting that everyone is having, does that take place after the background check?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Legion90 View Post
                    This group meeting that everyone is having, does that take place after the background check?
                    I believe it is before. I went in the meeting today but meet with my BI Friday.

                    Comment


                    • It is before the background investigation.

                      Comment


                      • Really? I didn't have to do that. I just met with my Bi, and he went straight into my backgrounds.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Legion90 View Post
                          Really? I didn't have to do that. I just met with my Bi, and he went straight into my backgrounds.
                          The way they are currently processing is you attend the meeting and get your finger prints done and they collect hair. Then if your BI is at the meeting you might get a chance to sit down with them and they can inform you of any additional documents you need to prepare before they start your background. Also they might schedule the long (3-4hr) interview at the meeting or you might just have to wait for the BI to contact you after the meeting. After the long background thorough interview I believe they give you a conditional offer based on how your interview went and then they dig into your background for some time. Once the background investigation is complete and everything looks good you proceed with the polygraph, medical and etc. hope that answers some questions. I was scheduled for the background interview right after the background meeting. I will keep posting my status in the process to give some input on the time line for those of you who are behind me in the process.

                          Comment


                          • I appreciate it man, and you did answer some questions for me. My bi did it different for me. I finished my finger printing first, then had an interview with him. Then he shaved my leg for some hair to drug test, and then he told me to wait to hear back from him in about 3-4 weeks

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by K-9Unit View Post
                              Just keep trying brother! Nobody said was going to be easy! Did you have a BI assigned to you prior to the letter? Did you go to a BI meeting/interview? I'm just wondering how far in the process you got since my packet was submitted around the same due date, April 30th.
                              I did not have an assigned BI and was not invited to a meeting. I'm DOA post-PHS.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Naldo View Post
                                I did not have an assigned BI and was not invited to a meeting. I'm DOA post-PHS.
                                You should call or email the sfpd backgrounds unit
                                Last edited by Legion90; 10-14-2014, 11:23 AM. Reason: Forgot to add something

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8458 users online. 260 members and 8198 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X