Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes. Read through this forum until you find the timeline of some of your fellow applicants who have been in a waiting pattern for the last two years or so.

Originally posted by Mg0328 View Post
    Okay so how long should someone wait, after receiving an email from backgrounds stating that an investigator has been assigned, before calling backgrounds to find out what's the status.

I received an email about a month ago stating that my BI was assigned. I waited two weeks then emailed her to introduce myself. The email was returned stating the email address I used was incorrect. I also did a reply to all on the email I received from backgrounds (BI email was on there as a cc) and that too was returned. I waited another two weeks, now a month later, and am tempted to call to see if the BI is aware of me at all. But I don't want to Jump the gun.

Any recommendations?

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
      Yes. Read through this forum until you find the timeline of some of your fellow applicants who have been in a waiting pattern for the last two years or so.
      Roger. I had the feeling that there was nothing to worry about. Just needed some assurance. Thank you

Comment

• Who is going to attend the General Background Meeting on the 8th of Oct? Hope to meet some of you there.

Comment

• I still haven't been scheduled for a Oral board. I have already completed writing and physical in June/July. Is this normal?

Comment

• Ken- Nothing is normal when in this process. As many have advised me in the past, just ride it out, stay out of trouble and no new is good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mg0328 View Post
              Ken- Nothing is normal when in this process. As many have advised me in the past, just ride it out, stay out of trouble and no new is good news.
              ok thanks

Comment

Who is going to attend the General Background Meeting on the 8th of Oct? Hope to meet some of you there.
                I hope I hear something soon. I turned my packet in about 2 months ago and have not heard any news about a general meeting. A few days ago I received a general e-mail asking me to submit a "still interested or not" submission. I am very well aware that no news is good news and patience is key but we all are eager to keep moving at a fast pace. I have been patient and it sucks not doing what I used to do and having to do something else until I get hired by this department. But I am still patiently waiting... I miss the streets but I guess that is what happens when you move and leave your job. Thanks for keeping me posted I am having faith for the January academy.

Comment

• From the time I submitted my packet to the general meeting was 4 months for me (I am from NJ). Patience is important in any police hiring process. I already met with my investigator and I believe he mailed out reference forms. I am nervous too but there is nothing we can really do but wait.

Comment

• Hello all. I am on the E130-1 list. My background packet was submitted in mid July. To this day I haven't received any notification that I have been assigned a BI. The emails that I have sent to the background unit, the responses I get are the same we have received your packet and if we need anything from you we will let you know. I did get the email on August 1 saying that I am still eligible and on September 25 I got an email saying that I have reached the civil service eligible list. In the email it said I have til October 2 to respond to say that I am still interested which of course I am and responded. From everyone's experience thus far can someone help me out here to determine where I am at in this process. Thank you.

Comment

Who is going to attend the General Background Meeting on the 8th of Oct? Hope to meet some of you there.
                      I will see you there! Got the e-mail today!

Comment

• Originally posted by kendagenius View Post
                        I still haven't been scheduled for a Oral board. I have already completed writing and physical in June/July. Is this normal?
                        Sample time line:
                        Aug/2011 - Written Exam

Sept/2011 - Written Exam Results

end of Oct/2011 - Eligibility List Score

02/2012 - Oral Interview

02/2012 - Physical Agility Test

03/03/12 - Submit Online PHQ

03/16/12 - PHS Packet Deadline

05/2012 - Triage (Forensic Drug Test-- Hair sample & finger prints)

5/2012 - Background Interview and conditional offer

05/2012 - Polygraph Exam & Results

05/2012 - Medical Exam & Drug Test

05/2012 - Third Party Drug Test

05/2012 - Written Psychological

05/2012 Oral Psych

09/27/2012-Academy Orientation

09/28/2012-Gall's uniform fitting

10/3/2012 1st day of Academy

And another:

09/27/11 - Written Exam

11/01/11 - Written Exam Results

11/30/11 - Eligibility List Score

02/27/12 - Oral Board (Departmental) Interview

03/02/12 - Physical Agility Test

03/03/12 - Submit Online PHQ

03/09/12 - Departmental Interview Results

03/16/12 - PHS Packet Deadline

05/01/12 - Forensic Drug Test (Hair sample & finger prints)

10/19/12 - Background Interview and conditional offer

10/31/12 - Polygraph Exam & Results

11/05/12 - Medical Exam & Drug Test

11/08/12 - Third Party Drug Test

11/17/12 - Written Psychological

11/26/12 - Medical Exam Results - Abnormal hearing

11/27/12 - Hearing in Noise Test (HINT)

11/29/12 - Home Visit

12/08/12 - Oral Psychological Exam

12/??/12 - Final Interview

Comment

My appointment is at 9:30 that day. What time is yours?

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                            From the time I submitted my packet to the general meeting was 4 months for me (I am from NJ). Patience is important in any police hiring process. I already met with my investigator and I believe he mailed out reference forms. I am nervous too but there is nothing we can really do but wait.
                            What is the background meeting about? I read a couple different comments but they are all from a few years back. My background interview is next Wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by mannysingh53 View Post
                              What is the background meeting about? I read a couple different comments but they are all from a few years back. My background interview is next Wednesday.
                              The interview happens after the meeting when an investigator is assigned to your file

Comment

• Originally posted by calcava mp View Post
                                The interview happens after the meeting when an investigator is assigned to your file
                                Well in thee email I received it said you are scheduled for a background meeting with sgt (name). So is this a one on one meeting or a group meeting?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10039 users online. 469 members and 9570 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X