300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone,

I'm from Seattle and saw that NTN had a listing for for Entry level (Q-2) Police Officer for SFPD. I have three questions (I tried looking through the posts for the answer to them, but I had no luck).

1. What score does SFPD require on the video portion to receive an interview? I'm not looking for min requirements, just wanted a number to shoot above.
    2. What does the Q-2 stand for?
    3. Does SFPD have a veterans preference? (I can assume they do, but just want to clarify)

Thank you for your time. I apologize if these are stupid and repeated questions.

Airman Singh

Comment

• I turned in my PHS before i had my oral and within a week i was put on a NON-SELECT list.. Im pretty bummed but in the letter it states that ITS NOT A DQ.

Comment

• Airman Singh, the written components are pass/ fail and require 75 or better to pass.
        To pass the video component, a score of 65 or higher is required.

Q-2 officer is an entry level position.

SFPD does have verbiage in their website in regards to VP.

I would study the website in depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
          The Sept academy has been delayed to the 29th.
          Any idea when calls will be made for September academy?

Comment

• Hi I was wondering, my background packet was received by SFPD on 6/30 however I haven't heard anything back since should I be worried?

Comment

• Originally posted by hc2013 View Post
              Hi I was wondering, my background packet was received by SFPD on 6/30 however I haven't heard anything back since should I be worried?
              I submitted mine and never heard anything. No rejection letter or request for meeting. I'm now a Deputy Sheriff...their loss.

Comment

• Calls will be made Friday the 12th.
                Originally posted by onlyeasydaywasyesterday View Post
                Any idea when calls will be made for September academy?

Comment

• No

Originally posted by hc2013 View Post
                  Hi I was wondering, my background packet was received by SFPD on 6/30 however I haven't heard anything back since should I be worried?

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
                    Calls will be made Friday the 12th.
                    Calls for September academy are currently being made. Just fyi!!! Congrats to everyone who make it.

Comment

• Originally posted by onlyeasydaywasyesterday View Post
                      Calls for September academy are currently being made. Just fyi!!! Congrats to everyone who make it.
                      When was the hiring meeting?
                      Did you get a call ?
                      Last edited by calcava mp; 09-08-2014, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by calcava mp View Post
                        When was the hiring meeting?
                        Did you get a call ?
                        Yeah I got the call earlier today. I think the hiring board was this past Thursday. Good luck to everyone else. I'm super excited.

Comment

Yeah I got the call earlier today. I think the hiring board was this past Thursday. Good luck to everyone else. I'm super excited.
                          Congrats! Do you know what grade you got for the psych test?

Comment

Congrats![emoji61] [emoji106]

Comment

• I don't know what my grade was. My investigator never really shared much with me and I never really asked much.

Comment

• Okay so how long should someone wait, after receiving an email from backgrounds stating that an investigator has been assigned, before calling backgrounds to find out what's the status.

I received an email about a month ago stating that my BI was assigned. I waited two weeks then emailed her to introduce myself. The email was returned stating the email address I used was incorrect. I also did a reply to all on the email I received from backgrounds (BI email was on there as a cc) and that too was returned. I waited another two weeks, now a month later, and am tempted to call to see if the BI is aware of me at all. But I don't want to Jump the gun.

Any recommendations?
                                Last edited by Mg0328; 09-16-2014, 02:10 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7455 users online. 323 members and 7132 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X