300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hc2013 View Post
    Hi can someone tell me why sfpd requires your passport listed as part of your required documents? Just curious.
    It might be listed but it's not necessary. When I had my meeting with the BGI he said nothing about a passport.

Comment

• hey everybody so I'm filling out the SFPD background packet and there were a few questions that I had regarding it, packet link posted below.

1) It states on a few of the pages "Signature of Applicant", obviously me, and the other one is "Signature of Witness" who is exactly supposed to sign this?

2) So just to clarify on the first page it states "please do include following documents", obviously which means that I should put into the Manila folder, however on the third page it states "Required Documentation" so basically I should just have these ready when I meet with my BI and not send in a copy in the manila folder?

3) So I'm applying from out of state, and one of the forms I need to send in is a notarized form, however does the notary have to be from the California? or could I use a notary from my home state?

http://www.sf-police.org/Modules/Sho...cumentID=27314

Thank you for all your help.

Comment

• The notary can be from your state.
        Originally posted by hc2013 View Post
        hey everybody so I'm filling out the SFPD background packet and there were a few questions that I had regarding it, packet link posted below.

1) It states on a few of the pages "Signature of Applicant", obviously me, and the other one is "Signature of Witness" who is exactly supposed to sign this?

2) So just to clarify on the first page it states "please do include following documents", obviously which means that I should put into the Manila folder, however on the third page it states "Required Documentation" so basically I should just have these ready when I meet with my BI and not send in a copy in the manila folder?

3) So I'm applying from out of state, and one of the forms I need to send in is a notarized form, however does the notary have to be from the California? or could I use a notary from my home state?

http://www.sf-police.org/Modules/Sho...cumentID=27314

Thank you for all your help.

Comment

• Originally posted by frontplayer View Post
          I would not worry about it at this point. I sent my PHS in about 2 days after it was requested. I did not get an email confirming they received the PHS. I did not get any contact regarding a meeting and never got to go to any meetings. About five weeks later a BI called and wanted to meet ASAP. During our meeting he stated SFPD works quick once they pull the trigger on someone. I have found that to be true, because my BI seems to be extremely quick in contrast to some others I have dealt with from different departments. In return I have found that he expects the same and when he asks for info/docs he wants them same day.

I would just stand by and try not to worry. It has been one year since I turned my app in....and I'm just getting to backgrounds.
          Yeah, I agree that seems to be the case. Seems like they will just call a potential applicant out of the blue from what I've heard.

As for me...coming up on two months since I submitted my background packet and no updates. I don't really feel like calling them about it either since the response I'd probably get is be patient, etc.

Hm...

Comment

• Originally posted by dc415 View Post
            Yeah, I agree that seems to be the case. Seems like they will just call a potential applicant out of the blue from what I've heard.

As for me...coming up on two months since I submitted my background packet and no updates. I don't really feel like calling them about it either since the response I'd probably get is be patient, etc.

Hm...
            Same here.... Just have to go about your life and not dwell on it. It will drive you nuts if you let it. Time goes by much faster when you are not counting day.

Comment

• Originally posted by BTV View Post
              Same here.... Just have to go about your life and not dwell on it. It will drive you nuts if you let it. Time goes by much faster when you are not counting day.
              Definitely agree. The ONLY thing that is kind of having me worried is that some guys got called in for a follow up meeting where they took hair samples and filled out some more paperwork. I have no idea what that is about...but for the most part it's been quiet.

Comment

• Whats the good word out there people, any updates?

Comment

• Originally posted by macgrey View Post
                  Whats the good word out there people, any updates?
                  Just today I got an e-mail invite to a General Background Meeting next Wednesday.

Wondering what it is... It is held in an auditorium on the 6th floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by macgrey View Post
                    Whats the good word out there people, any updates?
                    I got an email yesterday afternoon inviting me to a general meeting on the 9th.

Comment

• I am also invited to this meeting. Is it mandatory? The only reason I ask is because i am in the East Coast. I only wish they would give me a little more notice

Comment

• "I am also invited to this meeting. Is it mandatory? The only reason I ask is because i am in the East Coast. I only wish they would give me a little more notice"

curious when you sent in your PHS...Was your deadline May 20?

Comment

• I am on the E130 list, just got an e-mail asking to send in PHQ/PHS by July 23. anyone else on the e130 list?

Comment

• My deadline was April 30th.

Comment

• DE, I am in the same boat. Sending it out today. Good luck!!
                              Last edited by K_Jaay; 07-10-2014, 02:25 PM. Reason: Found the info I was looking for!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cj_valero View Post
                                Sorry guys about last message. The list states to send both I-9 and Vital forms with background package. I spoke to BI unit and they say those two form are given by the investigators. It is not provided online with other forms.
                                Thanks for this! I had to look back to see if anyone had the same issue because I do not see these two forms in my packet! But this is a relief now!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9493 users online. 274 members and 9219 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X