300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dark-Knight View Post
    3-4 weeks and haven't receive any phone calls yet. Is there a wait limit?
    It took almost five weeks between sending my background and getting a call.

Comment

• Were you guys asked to bring a DMV print out when you meet with the background investigator?

Comment

• Originally posted by frontplayer View Post
        It took almost five weeks between sending my background and getting a call.
        Received confirmation in regards to my background packet on May 2nd.
        Haven't heard anything since except for that error e-mail they sent out to some people.

Should I be worried at this point? I know it's waiting game...and to be patient but some guys on here got a call about attending a meeting and SFPD collecting more information along with hair samples. Hm...any feedback guys? Thanks

Comment

• Don't put too much thought into it. The more you think about it, the more you will go crazy. Remember the process can take upwards of 2 years and you might not get assigned a BI for a year. Go about life and just wait for them to call.

Also , BI 's all work at different paces. Some may be more thorough than others and takes more time. Be patient, you will find out sooner or later

Comment

• Does anyone know when the most recent academy started? Is the 129 list expired? I finished and passed poly, psych, and medical. Never got the call and was wondering what steps I should take next.

Comment

• Originally posted by dc415 View Post
              Received confirmation in regards to my background packet on May 2nd.
              Haven't heard anything since except for that error e-mail they sent out to some people.

Should I be worried at this point? I know it's waiting game...and to be patient but some guys on here got a call about attending a meeting and SFPD collecting more information along with hair samples. Hm...any feedback guys? Thanks

I would not worry about it at this point. I sent my PHS in about 2 days after it was requested. I did not get an email confirming they received the PHS. I did not get any contact regarding a meeting and never got to go to any meetings. About five weeks later a BI called and wanted to meet ASAP. During our meeting he stated SFPD works quick once they pull the trigger on someone. I have found that to be true, because my BI seems to be extremely quick in contrast to some others I have dealt with from different departments. In return I have found that he expects the same and when he asks for info/docs he wants them same day.

I would just stand by and try not to worry. It has been one year since I turned my app in....and I'm just getting to backgrounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrswonderful View Post
                Does anyone know when the most recent academy started? Is the 129 list expired? I finished and passed poly, psych, and medical. Never got the call and was wondering what steps I should take next.
                List 129 expires end of june i believe. The most recent acdamy started May 27th.

Comment

• Most recent academy started Late May. The 129 list expires this month. You would need to reapply and restart the process again.

Originally posted by mrswonderful View Post
                  Does anyone know when the most recent academy started? Is the 129 list expired? I finished and passed poly, psych, and medical. Never got the call and was wondering what steps I should take next.

Comment

• I turned in my PHS on May 12 and never received a confirmation e-mail from backgrounds. I only received a letter starting I was put on administrative hold until I can get my weight down. Any advice from you hard charger PT studs to lose weight fast? Aside from starving myself that is.
                    Last edited by p_fox49; 06-13-2014, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Does anyone know the policy on out of town applicants? I'm in Southern California (Los Angeles) & wondering what the process is like when coming from a distance. I'm in backgrounds with another department outside the state of California & racking up a huge travel bill at the moment.

Luckily I can take the written/video exam right here in Los Angeles (tomorrow, wish me luck!) but I assume I'll have to travel to SF for the PAT, Oral, Psych, Poly, etc?

Comment

• It's been about 3 weeks since my meeting with my BI. All my references have received and sent back their letters. How long until the next phase? I'm assuming I'm doing good in the BG process if I haven't received a DQ letter.

Comment

• You will have to travel to SF for those tests. BG is usually very accommodating and will try to schedule the Psych & Poly together. The PAT & Oral are probably going to be at different times though.
                          Originally posted by CaliDude88 View Post
                          Does anyone know the policy on out of town applicants? I'm in Southern California (Los Angeles) & wondering what the process is like when coming from a distance. I'm in backgrounds with another department outside the state of California & racking up a huge travel bill at the moment.

Luckily I can take the written/video exam right here in Los Angeles (tomorrow, wish me luck!) but I assume I'll have to travel to SF for the PAT, Oral, Psych, Poly, etc?

Comment

• Depends on how long it takes to get the rest of your group evaluated for the next class.
                            Originally posted by bansheerider View Post
                            It's been about 3 weeks since my meeting with my BI. All my references have received and sent back their letters. How long until the next phase? I'm assuming I'm doing good in the BG process if I haven't received a DQ letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
                              You will have to travel to SF for those tests. BG is usually very accommodating and will try to schedule the Psych & Poly together. The PAT & Oral are probably going to be at different times though.
                              Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated!

Comment

• Hi can someone tell me why sfpd requires your passport listed as part of your required documents? Just curious.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10205 users online. 373 members and 9832 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X