Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SFPD Testing

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Nawkternal View Post
    I sent in my background packet and received no call requesting additional documents. I've been waiting for 4-5 months, anyone going through this wait too?
    After mailing in your packet you should have received an invitation to the general meeting. After the general meeting you should get a phone call from your assigned background investigator. Has this not happened? When you say four to five months do you mean from the date of your application?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bansheerider View Post
      After mailing in your packet you should have received an invitation to the general meeting. After the general meeting you should get a phone call from your assigned background investigator. Has this not happened? When you say four to five months do you mean from the date of your application?
      I mailed my packet on the 30th.... I know it would appear to be a case of procrastination. I was actually under a deadline to turn in three PHSs right around the same time and ran into problems securing all the documents needed to complete the packets. I get that subsequently I have been piled under a lot of other applicants. I did receive the email confirming SFDHR received my packet followed by the certification / cancellation emails. Should I have received an invitation to the general meeting by now? If it comes off like I'm complaining, that is not the case. I just want to make sure I didn't miss an important email / phone call. Any insight would be great. Thanks

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BTV View Post
        I mailed my packet on the 30th.... I know it would appear to be a case of procrastination. I was actually under a deadline to turn in three PHSs right around the same time and ran into problems securing all the documents needed to complete the packets. I get that subsequently I have been piled under a lot of other applicants. I did receive the email confirming SFDHR received my packet followed by the certification / cancellation emails. Should I have received an invitation to the general meeting by now? If it comes off like I'm complaining, that is not the case. I just want to make sure I didn't miss an important email / phone call. Any insight would be great. Thanks
        Well like I said in my above post, my BI said last minute phs packets may be delayed because there's too many applicants. It could be a while before you hear something.

        Comment


        • Hi everybody, could someone please provide any input on how I can prepare for the oral interview? I've never really been on an interview before, and would love any input on how I could really prepare for this.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by hc2013 View Post
            Hi everybody, could someone please provide any input on how I can prepare for the oral interview? I've never really been on an interview before, and would love any input on how I could really prepare for this.
            Be confident in your answers. Make eye contact and think before answering. You will have time to prepare before the interview.

            Comment


            • Be professional in appearance and demeanor.
              Appearance-If you have a dark suit, wear that-make sure its clean and your shoes are shined. You're going to be nervous & sweaty so don't go to your interview smelling funky from not having bathed on top of it- clean body, clean hair, and clean fingernails.
              Listen carefully, answer thoughtfully, and be aware of your body language.
              Originally posted by hc2013 View Post
              Hi everybody, could someone please provide any input on how I can prepare for the oral interview? I've never really been on an interview before, and would love any input on how I could really prepare for this.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by hc2013 View Post
                Hi everybody, could someone please provide any input on how I can prepare for the oral interview? I've never really been on an interview before, and would love any input on how I could really prepare for this.
                Like has been said above already. Be confident, eye contact, be sure of your answers and yourself. Dress sharp ( suit ), and remember to breath. Try to loosen up a bit and be personable yet professional. These questions are to designed to test your (untrained) judgement / problem solving skills. Common sense should serve you well in answering them. If your base level of common sense is completely wrong that will show.

                Comment


                • Don't sweat it. Make an answer and stick with it too. Second guessing out loud after you've answered is.a no go

                  Comment


                  • Actually, you should be flexible. Don't be afraid to change your answer if/when necessary.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by williampenn View Post
                      Actually, you should be flexible. Don't be afraid to change your answer if/when necessary.
                      Or that

                      Comment


                      • Just to be sure, the SFPD Oral interviews are all scenario based questions?
                        Thanks, in advance.

                        Comment


                        • No not all

                          Comment


                          • Advice given to me was to avoid appearing wishy washy. If you are given the chance to review the questions before hand, make decision and stick with it, if you need to change your mind, doing it out loud during the interview doesn't seem like the optimal time and place to do so. It projects you are uncertain and second guess yourself after you've made a choice.

                            Comment


                            • How is the process moving along since you met with your BI?

                              Originally posted by bansheerider View Post
                              You guys were right. My BG investigator called and we scheduled an interview, moving along

                              Comment


                              • 3-4 weeks and haven't receive any phone calls yet. Is there a wait limit?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9998 users online. 304 members and 9694 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X