300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deadballcobb View Post

Anybody wave 1 and if so, have you heard anything from backgrounds?
    I am in wave one and I received the email on the 16th of Feb. No word here yet and no word from other chaps who are also in the first wave. I will let ya'll know if I get word.

Comment

• Wave 5, got my email today confirming I passed the oral and physical. Triage in mass scale should be going now/shortly.

Comment

• So it was stated earlier that there were 2500 applicants. How many do you think are still in the running? Any educated guesses?

Comment

• 2500 original applicants? I was told it was over 3000 who applied prior to the written. After the written, was down to a little over 2100. I could be wrong. I'm sure a very small few didn't pass the oral, but the PAT DQ's quite a few more. There is always a select few that are no shows during the process, which of course is beneficial to us. If I had to guess and as of now, I would say there are at least 1600-1800 applicants left. The true weeding begins with the backgrounds. I'm always surprised when I hear that some people don't follow simple instructions and get DQ'd automatically. The packet never even reaches an investigators desk. Hopefully I'm not one of those people! haha

Comment

• Originally posted by deadballcobb View Post
            2500 original applicants? I was told it was over 3000 who applied prior to the written. After the written, was down to a little over 2100. I could be wrong. I'm sure a very small few didn't pass the oral, but the PAT DQ's quite a few more. There is always a select few that are no shows during the process, which of course is beneficial to us. If I had to guess and as of now, I would say there are at least 1600-1800 applicants left. The true weeding begins with the backgrounds. I'm always surprised when I hear that some people don't follow simple instructions and get DQ'd automatically. The packet never even reaches an investigators desk. Hopefully I'm not one of those people! haha
            This sounds about right?!?!

Comment

• So I just got word from an associate of mine who happens to have family in the pd offices. She told me that many packets were getting thrown out because they were incomplete. She stressed to me how important it was to follow the instructions exactly and give them exactly what they want. My packet was complete and everything that was required was in that envelope. She also said that packets with more paperwork than was needed was also chucked out. Too bad for those who didn't follow the instructions.

Comment

• Originally posted by mario415 View Post
                So I just got word from an associate of mine who happens to have family in the pd offices. She told me that many packets were getting thrown out because they were incomplete. She stressed to me how important it was to follow the instructions exactly and give them exactly what they want. My packet was complete and everything that was required was in that envelope. She also said that packets with more paperwork than was needed was also chucked out. Too bad for those who didn't follow the instructions.
                If they emailed you saying that you are proceeding into backgrounds, does that mean they have accepted your packet or does that mean there is still a chance it has been thrown out? would be nice to know

Comment

• Originally posted by PPANG View Post
                  If they emailed you saying that you are proceeding into backgrounds, does that mean they have accepted your packet or does that mean there is still a chance it has been thrown out? would be nice to know
                  If you received the e-mail then that means that your packet will make it to the backgrounds. If your packet is incomplete then it may not end well.

Comment

• I am a little worried because I had to order my proof of selective service, but I did print out the online page and sent that in.

Comment

• Originally posted by PPANG View Post
                      I am a little worried because I had to order my proof of selective service, but I did print out the online page and sent that in.
                      PPANG: You should be fine. During the background briefing after the physical test, we were told to send in copies of everything except for your transcripts from high school and college. Your transcripts need to be certified and in their sealed envelopes the way you receive them from your school. I do not think they expected a certified or original copy of your SS registration. The print out from the SS website should be sufficient as it provides the date you registered and your registration number.
                      Last edited by vauxhaul; 03-14-2012, 09:52 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

• Originally posted by vauxhaul View Post
                        PPANG: You should be fine. During the background briefing after the physical test, we were told to send in copies of everything except for your transcripts from high school and college. I do not think they expected a certified or original copy of your SS registration. The print out from the SS website should be sufficient as it provides the date you registered and your registration number.
                        I think you may want to restate that vauxhaul (so as not to confuse/scare others). In your current phrasing "copies of everything except for your transcripts" implies that transcripts were not requested -_-, they most definitely were required(certified, sealed copies in fact). Not being a grammar nazi, but don't want to give people a scare, especially after having sent in their packets. As for the SS registration, I do believe the online printout is sufficient as many people on numerous boards seemed to have done so.

I for one am nervous about the HS/College Diplomas. Some portions of the SFPD hiring website stated to send them in with the packet, some said not to.

Comment

• For those that are interested and reviewing what needed to be turned please follow the website below. After mario415 post, I believe most of us on here will visit the website and cross-examine the check list.

http://www.sf-police.org/Modules/Sho...cumentid=25891

http://www.sf-police.org/index.aspx?page=3949

Keep your head up, I know I will ! I will continue to apply for a dept, and only allow a legitimate reason (that is sufficient for me) with a letterhead with an agency to disqualify me not rumors.

Best wishes!

Many police department want people, who want to devote a career to a dept. If on your first rejection leads you astray from continuing to apply than LE is not a career for you. Please continue to seek employment.

Medina510

Comment

• ifaynshteyn: I have edited my previous post. Thanks for catching that!

Comment

• Anyone also send in a photo copy of their driver license eventhough it's not listed anywhere?

Comment

• No way Jose. I sent them my goofy looking 2 x 2 picture that they requested but did not send them any other information. My 2 cent advice is just to send them what they ask. Nothing more, nothing less. Hope we all make it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11415 users online. 399 members and 11016 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X