Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know how people failed out of the Trigger Pull. I have a broken Finger Tip on my Dominant Hand and I was able to pass.

Comment

• Hi bloggers,

Its been awhile since my last post. I want to address some comments made in the post: caideN: "The background investigators said themselves that they "set aside" those packet that are incomplete or did not follow direction. They really just mean they'll toss it in the trash." This can be true, I remember working for a big company where they store director would dump hundred of applications. All the while, if this true, the background investigators would as well bump up certain background packet that have favorable recommendation from people on the force or affiliates.

This is to be suggested if a agency proposes such way of doing things. However, the agency does have review over 2,000 applicants and the most efficient way to do this complete v. incomplete. Therefore, I agree with the comment, but the above comment I am suggesting is only a educated inference.

I receive an email stating the agency has my bk/phq packet.

deadballcobb, I applied to Oakland Police Dept. and I am just going to be overwhelmingly patient with this dept. b/c of its recent history of lay offs, criticism of public safety from the mayor Quan, and lack of funds.

and I am planning to apply for Sunnyvale agency. I heard the city of Sunnyvale has a different form of public safety. A different form of public safety that deserves its own forum. This being b/c police and fire must apply as public safety officers, which allows potential candidates to choose either a career in law enforcement or fire prevention/protection aka fire fighters.

Comment

• One of my university teachers was a LEO/Firefighter with Sunnyvale and he said that if you work there you serve both roles and will go through both a LE and a Fire Academy.

Comment

• I turned my BG in too. GL to everyone!

Comment

• Had physical friday,turning BG in on Tuesday!excited to get it rolling.

Comment

• anyone from wave 2 also received email?

Comment

• Email for......

Comment

• I'm wave 2. I sent in my BC packet in like 2 weeks ago. A few days ago I an email saying I succesffully passed the oral interview and am still on the list and my name has been forwarded on to the background division. No word concerning my background pack. Assuming it's sitting in giant pile for the next few weeks...

Comment

• I am in wave 4 and just received the e-mail today stating that I passed the oral interview etc. My packet went out today. Good luck to everyone and keep us posted as to when you begin hearing from your background investigator.

Comment

• How do you know which wave you are in b/c I have no idea?

Comment

• I know right....I missed the oral and PMAT but got rescheduled for the 23 and 24th of this month.

Comment

• Received my email today. I figured since Wave 2 just received theirs, that it was going to take at least another week or so to receive mine. I'm Wave 4, packet went out today. Medina have you gone through the PAT yet? If so and you received your packet, it says on the outside of the packet what Wave you are in.

Comment

• Originally posted by soxshortstop05 View Post
                            Received my email today. I figured since Wave 2 just received theirs, that it was going to take at least another week or so to receive mine. I'm Wave 4, packet went out today. Medina have you gone through the PAT yet? If so and you received your packet, it says on the outside of the packet what Wave you are in.
                            Absolutely! I have completed my PAT, early in the month of Feb. I received an email stating, "Passed interview on the Feb. 17."

Mr. soxshortstop05, Thank you, I remember it was E128-04. I am guessing it must mean the 4th wave. Today, I heard the first academy will start in June.

Best Wishes

Comment

• I'm wave 2 and received the email on 3/6 stating I passed the oral. Sent my background in about 2 weeks ago. Still no word and like RBurgundy said, it's probably sitting somewhere in a giant pile. Hopefully they get rockin soon.

Anybody wave 1 and if so, have you heard anything from backgrounds?

Comment

• same as above, received email saying im moving on the backgrounds on 3/6, im also wave 2... if anyone gets even further id like to know, thank you all

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10923 users online. 478 members and 10445 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X