300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TC76 View Post
    I submitted my packet last week and did not receive an email from backgrounds regarding receipt of my packet. Are we suppose to hear back?
    I'm thinking yes because I just got a confirm e-mail that my background packet has been received today. They actually got it two days ago, I know this because I put a tracking number on mine...but yeah happy to know they received my packet.

Comment

• Thats where I'm kind of confused, when they mentioned "within 10lbs" does that mean within 10 lbs over or under?

It gets a little more complicated than that, according the chart:
      5'8'' - 183 lbs (max)
      5'10'' - 193 lbs (max)

If I'm 5'9'' is it safe to say my max weight is 188 lbs? In my Background Packet I listed myself as 195 lbs and if my max weight is 188 lbs, then I should be well within the 10lbs (over).

Comment

• Yeah it's just a lack of info. I contacted backgrounds, but have yet to hear anything so ill just get down to the weight and then call again. And yes, it seems like your well within the requirement therefore I don't see why you got the letter.

Comment

• I got the letter as well. I have to lose 8 more lbs. I stopped lifting altogether and do 2 hours of cardio every day.

Comment

• You won't need any document to support your statement, but when you go in for your interview and you look like you're over the 10lb mark, you'll be weighed.
            Originally posted by MARKB View Post
            Received the same letter regarding the height/weight requirement. Aside from sending an email stating that you've met the requirement is there any required document that should be sent to support your statement. How do you prove you lost weight?

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
              You won't need any document to support your statement, but when you go in for your interview and you look like you're over the 10lb mark, you'll be weighed.
              How quickly did they send out the letters after receiving the BG packets? I am 5'11 and weigh 200 LBS, is this ok for my given height? I mailed my packet a few weeks ago and recieved an email a couple days later saying they received it.

It seems kinda odd they place people on admin hold for weight this early in the process. I would think this would happen after backgrounds and during the physical. I am interested to know if you have to be within 10 LBS above or below your max allowable weight. I am guessing since it has been a few weeks and I haven't received a letter I am good to go.

Comment

• Your height/weight is good.
                10 lbs over is the max

Originally posted by bansheerider View Post
                How quickly did they send out the letters after receiving the BG packets? I am 5'11 and weigh 200 LBS, is this ok for my given height? I mailed my packet a few weeks ago and recieved an email a couple days later saying they received it.

It seems kinda odd they place people on admin hold for weight this early in the process. I would think this would happen after backgrounds and during the physical. I am interested to know if you have to be within 10 LBS above or below your max allowable weight. I am guessing since it has been a few weeks and I haven't received a letter I am good to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
                  Your height/weight is good.
                  10 lbs over is the max
                  Cool thanks!

Comment

• On the reverse side of the "Auth to Release Form" there is a section for the Notary:
                    State of California
                    County of ___________

If you are out of state do you still need to get the form notarized in Cali?

Comment

• No, it can be from the state you are in
                      Originally posted by Naldo View Post
                      On the reverse side of the "Auth to Release Form" there is a section for the Notary:
                      State of California
                      County of ___________

If you are out of state do you still need to get the form notarized in Cali?

Comment

• Hey guys, it's been a couple of days since my meeting with sfpd at 850. Signed a lot of forms, written a short essay, fingerprints, and live scan. Oh by the way, they will take hair samples from you. So no haircuts before the meeting. And now the wait continues on....

Comment

• Originally posted by Cj_valero View Post
                          Hey guys, it's been a couple of days since my meeting with sfpd at 850. Signed a lot of forms, written a short essay, fingerprints, and live scan. Oh by the way, they will take hair samples from you. So no haircuts before the meeting. And now the wait continues on....
                          Same here. I had to shave my leg for the hair sample. I had some razor burn the next day lol.

I interviewed with Sacramento PD yesterday and passed. The waiting game begins with them as well.

Comment

• Thanks for the info and keeping us all informed with the process. Good luck to you guys.

Comment

• Good luck to you all. SFPD is a large agency with plenty of opportunities to promote to higher ranks or specialized assignments. I work very closely to them and interact with them from time to time. All the SF guys I have met have been real good dudes. It's definitely an agency where one could do a lot in their career and have a great time doing it. Good luck again to you guys. It's a fun ride once you're in.

Comment

• Anyone else going for there meeting with SFPD Thursday morning?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7096 users online. 354 members and 6742 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X