Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't send it certified and don't take it yourself.

Comment

Yes I was joking. Send it First Class ONLY!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

During orientation, they said not to send it by any means other then 1st class mail. One of the background investigators said this several times. It's also on the paperwork they gave us. I was planning to drop it off as well. It's nerve racking not knowing if they received it, but just have to be patient. I'm assuming if they do contact us, it wont be for at least two-four weeks or maybe more. They have their hands full with all the applicants.

Anybody apply with Oakland and if so, have you received an email for a test date yet? I saw on their website that testing is towards the end of March.

Comment

caideN - haha...I was thinking, man this guy didn't listen at all during orientation, good luck to him! haha

Comment

Yes, I mentioned the certified mail completely in jest. Do as they say, only.
            From what I understand, one should be contacted approximately a month after their packet is sent in.
            Patience, patience, patience.

Comment

Haha I was just saving a few guys some extra money. We all know that there will be the ones that will actually send it certified or drop it off themselves.

Comment

I sent it first class. I think being patient is the hardest thing because its pretty obvious that the physical agility test was the easiest test in California.

Comment

Originally posted by soxshortstop05 View Post
                  Haha I was just saving a few guys some extra money. We all know that there will be the ones that will actually send it certified or drop it off themselves.
                  That is what I am hoping on. If you can't follow instructions then your packet should get tossed in the can. Make way for those who follow the rules. Like the wise caideN said "Just chill". Go cozy up w/your girl (or guy if you're a woman) and chill in front of the fireplace watching Netflix and wait for 2 things: This rain to pass and for "The Phone call".

Comment

Originally posted by YeahRightFoo View Post
                    Did anyone get a response from the SFPD background unit about receiving your background packet in the mail?

I sent mine last week, and haven't received a response. I was thinking about calling them to confirm that it was received.
                    Did any one get a call? Yeah Right Foo!! That's a good alias. I sent my packet Feb 10th and nothing yet. I did hear it would take 4 to 6 weeks. Then again, they may never call. You good folks will be the first to know if your boy here gets a ring.

Comment

• Hi dumb question. I suppose most guys here already applied months ago to selective services for registration acknowledgement card knowing you would be in background since it takes 30 days to get one or did you just say you would mail it in later?? Just ordered mine.
                      CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
                      NOR passed 1/25/11
                      Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
                      Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
                      PFT1 12/15/11
                      VBT/SI 1/26/12
                      VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
                      LASIK surgery 1/31/12
                      Met BI investigator 3/13/12
                      Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
                      Drug test 7/18/12

Comment

• I checked on the sss.gov website for my registration. I pulled up the page and printed that out.

Comment

• You print it out from online. Takes 3 seconds!

Comment

• mine came within a week or so, not to worry about it.
                            Passed the physical today. Was surprised to see people fail out of the trigger pull!

Comment

• Just curious, what type of gun was it and why couldn't they pull the trigger? Broken fingers? Never heard of anyone failing it before.

Comment

• it was a standard handgun...nothing to write home about. I don't know why they failed, I truly don't.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9701 users online. 446 members and 9255 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X