Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not sure. They just said that if we get into backgrounds, they will be going through about 1,400 people. They didn't really go into too much detail, just said that they would have that number of PHQ's to go through.

Comment

• Just had my Trigger and oral this morning. Was informed there is about 1600 candidates going through. Good luck to everyone in the process.

Originally posted by Gramparks View Post
      I am not sure. They just said that if we get into backgrounds, they will be going through about 1,400 people. They didn't really go into too much detail, just said that they would have that number of PHQ's to go through.

Comment

• Does anyone know the average number of people that are selected per class for the SFPD Academy? I think I read somewhere that it was typically about 50, but I just want some confirmation on that.

Comment

• Thats what I heard as well, 50 recruits.

Originally posted by jmun View Post
          Does anyone know the average number of people that are selected per class for the SFPD Academy? I think I read somewhere that it was typically about 50, but I just want some confirmation on that.

Comment

• Ok cool, thanks! How did your oral interview and Trigger go?

Comment

• I believe it went well but results will be provided in a couple weeks.

Originally posted by jmun View Post
              Ok cool, thanks! How did your oral interview and Trigger go?

Comment

• Hello everyone,

I moved to the area a few weeks ago due to family relocation and I am in the SFPD process. I was an officer in another state but applied for the entry level position here due to the feedback I was getting to for the Post Waiver. Since the waiver would take a while and it's not even guaranteed that certain CA departments will take it I decided to go for a full ride again ! Anyway I passed my NTN test category 5 and my PAT is scheduled for May. I know the process takes times as I have been through it once (6 months all together not bad) but I am wondering what is the time frame between the PAT and the oral interview? I am currently not working, might look for part time job somewhere until I get through this process. Thank you & Good Luck !!

Comment

• Originally posted by K_Jaay View Post
                  Hello everyone,

I moved to the area a few weeks ago due to family relocation and I am in the SFPD process. I was an officer in another state but applied for the entry level position here due to the feedback I was getting to for the Post Waiver. Since the waiver would take a while and it's not even guaranteed that certain CA departments will take it I decided to go for a full ride again ! Anyway I passed my NTN test category 5 and my PAT is scheduled for May. I know the process takes times as I have been through it once (6 months all together not bad) but I am wondering what is the time frame between the PAT and the oral interview? I am currently not working, might look for part time job somewhere until I get through this process. Thank you & Good Luck !!
                  The process takes about a year right now. The academy is 7 months with 16 weeks of FTO. I would suggest applying for the waiver in the meantime it couldnt hurt. The lateral academy is 8 weeks and 10 weeks of FTO. Goodluck to you either way.

Comment

• Get the part time job. You need to be able to show you were doing something productive during the 6 month-2 year waiting period.
                    Originally posted by K_Jaay View Post
                    Hello everyone,

Comment

• Thanks, I have all the paperwork ready to be sent to the CA POST. I will most likely go ahead and take care of that. Another issue is I have to take a 3 week course to learn the CA Law and if I have a job by that time I will not be able to take that much time off. It's a tough situation wait her way but it will be all good in the end. 8 week mini academy would be nothing compared to 7.5 months so I will most likely go for it.

Comment

• Yes, I am already bored and don't know what to do with myself . I have been searching for a job but it's not going so well. With a former position as a Leo not much luck outside pd's. Thanks for the reply, I know the process varies and it all depends on the number of applicants. It appears to be a very large number. As far as I can see sfpd is a very popular and large department it is similar to my old pd. I worked for Cmpd in NC on the east coast, a nice dept. with a lot of opportunities.

Comment

• Question, does anyone know what an acceptable answer is for the PHS under employment if one forgot the name of previous co-workers? I cannot recall a few names, and was wondering if N/A would be acceptable.

Comment

• I usually put Unknown....N/A is like saying "I don't need to put any there"

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris207 View Post
                              Hi Everyone,

I've been following this thread since the beginning, and it has been helpful. Since I am so close to the end, I thought I would layout my timeline of events for anyone who is interested.

09/27/11 - Written Exam
                              11/01/11 - Written Exam Results
                              11/30/11 - Eligibility List Score
                              02/27/12 - Oral Board (Departmental) Interview
                              03/02/12 - Physical Agility Test
                              03/03/12 - Submit Online PHQ
                              03/09/12 - Departmental Interview Results
                              03/16/12 - PHS Packet Deadline
                              05/01/12 - Forensic Drug Test (Hair sample & finger prints)
                              10/19/12 - Background Interview and conditional offer
                              10/31/12 - Polygraph Exam & Results
                              11/05/12 - Medical Exam & Drug Test
                              11/08/12 - Third Party Drug Test
                              11/17/12 - Written Psychological
                              11/26/12 - Medical Exam Results - Abnormal hearing
                              11/27/12 - Hearing in Noise Test (HINT)
                              11/29/12 - Home Visit
                              12/08/12 - Oral Psychological Exam
                              12/??/12 - Final Interview

You'll notice a period of nearly 6 months where nothing happened from the start of May '12 to October. I had essentially given up on the process right before I got the call from my investigator. I hope this is helpful. Good luck everyone.
                              I was just perusing through the previous pages of this thread, and I just wanted to share this with everyone just so we can all keep track of what stage we are at in the hiring process!

*I just realized some parts of the process has changed (new test, different step orders), so use this as a very general guideline.
                              Last edited by jmun; 04-12-2014, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• Write:
                                "cannot recall" or "cannot remember."

Originally posted by spacecop20 View Post
                                Question, does anyone know what an acceptable answer is for the PHS under employment if one forgot the name of previous co-workers? I cannot recall a few names, and was wondering if N/A would be acceptable.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10039 users online. 452 members and 9587 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X