Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• message me your email address
    Originally posted by spacecop20 View Post
    Does anyone have access to the 10 codes/call codes for SFPD? If so can you send me the link?

Comment

• Hi could anyone point me toward the forum regarding the oral interview. Specifically sfpd if they have one. I know it's early but I'd like to get some practice in before I actually have to do the real thing.

Comment

• Got my oral interview at end of this month.

Comment

• What is the earliest scheduled oral interview? I see that some are scheduled for march and april; does this mean anything? In previous threads, I see discussions about rank based of NTN/Written test score and PAT score combined.

Comment

• deleted message

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
              message me your email address
              Did you get my message containing my email? This site has been giving me a lot of problems, so I am just checking to see if you received it.

Comment

• I got your message & emailed you.
                Originally posted by spacecop20 View Post
                Did you get my message containing my email? This site has been giving me a lot of problems, so I am just checking to see if you received it.

Comment

• Try this static contraction prep work - it worked for me; added 5 push-ups to my normal total. Depending how fast you recover between sessions you can do this every other day or every third day. Just avoid overtraining, let your muscles recover.

1. PUSH UPS:
                  Lie on the floor, face down, back straight, feet together.
                  Place the hands on the floor, on either side of the chest, with elbows bent.
                  Push the body off the floor with the hands. Keep the feet together and the back straight.
                  When the body is off the floor and the elbows are straight, hold the position for 10 seconds.
                  Repeat the exercise 5 times

Originally posted by PArecruit View Post
                  I have my PAT on the 16th. I'm from the east coast. I made the decision not to go. I can't seem to complete 22 push ups. I can do everything else but the push ups are kicking my bottom. Very dIsappointed in myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by PArecruit View Post
                    I have my PAT on the 16th. I'm from the east coast. I made the decision not to go. I can't seem to complete 22 push ups. I can do everything else but the push ups are kicking my bottom. Very dIsappointed in myself.
                    The key to more pushups is sub max sets, throughout the day. Never burn out or go to failure, stay completely away from it. If you can do 20 pushups max, then you need to work out with sets of six pushups (About 30% of your max). Wake up, do six. In a half hour, do six more. Get ready for work, do six more. Keep it up throughout the day, sets of six here and there. No set schedule, don't keep track of it or anything, just keep doing sets of six pushups as you feel rested and feel ready for more. At the end of the day you'll have done 100+ pushups, and you should not be sore. Keep this up five days on, two days off. DON'T GO TO FAILURE ON YOUR SETS, YOU AREN'T BODY BUILDING. Before you're official test, take 3 or 4 days off to really rest up. When the test begins, your pushups should be explosive and fast, do not go slow.

I did this and went from ~20 max push ups to 70+ pushups pretty quick. I've tried it all, and I found this is the best way to increase reps.

Comment

• Can someone explain how the California retirement system works exactly? So on SFPD website it states

"Retirement benefits: 3% of final compensation per year of service at age 58, with a maximum of 90% benefit based on years of service."

What does this mean exactly? In the past I've heard that if you worked for the government basically after 20 years you would get a pension plan and that would usually equal 50% of your final salary. I think that the statement above refers to that if you start working at 25 and retire at age 45 you would be eligible for 20x3= 60% of your final salary?

Comment

• RE: Retirement, you've got the idea. You earn 3% each year, vested at 5 years. So at the end of a 30 year career, you get the maximum 90% which you collect at age 58. Work 31 years or more and you still get the 90%.

Comment

• Hi everyone, I've been a lurker on here for a while and now I'm taking the next step and finally posting for the first time!

I just had a quick question, I recently took the Frontline test and received a converted score of 805, which translated into a rank 9 based on the NTN conversion table that Jen Lo emailed out recently. Does anyone know the significance of this rank, or is it an insignificant number? Thanks!

Comment

• The higher your score the better. Those with a higher score are usually first considered. Ranking 9 is still good and keeps you in the selection process. Keep at it, stay clean and clear and be patient. There will be months of no communication and times when it will move quick. Good Luck!

Originally posted by jmun View Post
                            Hi everyone, I've been a lurker on here for a while and now I'm taking the next step and finally posting for the first time!

I just had a quick question, I recently took the Frontline test and received a converted score of 805, which translated into a rank 9 based on the NTN conversion table that Jen Lo emailed out recently. Does anyone know the significance of this rank, or is it an insignificant number? Thanks!

Comment

• Ok cool, thanks for the info!

Comment

• I just completed my oral interview. It lasted a whole 6 minutes LOL. Not sure when I will be hearing the results. Anybody have any insight on this?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9009 users online. 296 members and 8713 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X