Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why bother going through all the testing and waiting just to quit on the first day of class?

Comment

• PAT scheduled for the 26.

Comment

• Originally posted by PArecruit View Post
        PAT scheduled for the 26.
        When did you take your NTN test? Jen Lo stated they were going In order of who took the NTN. I just wanted to gauge an estimate of when I would probably have mine since I need to work on my push-ups

Comment

• Originally posted by Heather510 View Post
          When did you take your NTN test? Jen Lo stated they were going In order of who took the NTN. I just wanted to gauge an estimate of when I would probably have mine since I need to work on my push-ups
          The NTN test is scheduled by your own time. Jen is starting from the earliest to the latest. So if you haven't scheduled your NTN test. There's a link under the SFPD application where you can sign up.

Comment

• when did you take the written?

Comment

• I took the test on Nov 21. I believe it was the first scheduled test. I have to work on everything listed on the PAT. Any suggestions?

Comment

• I'm squeezing a tennis ball in each hand and holding it out at shoulder level - going to failure in both hands. I substituted push-ups for my bench presses and increasing the total by a few at each workout.
                Same with situps - doing them PAT-style at my gym and increasing by a few more at each workout, pushing myself. I started barbell squatting again to increase my explosiveness for the Wall run. I was running preparing for the 1.5 on the NTN but switched when I learned that we're doing the SFPD PAT.

Comment

• Does anyone know if the PAT video/instructions have been posted yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by spacecop20 View Post
                    Does anyone know if the PAT video/instructions have been posted yet?
                    From what I know they haven't. I've been looking. Instructions on the PAT were attached to the email Jen Lo sent. But the video hasn't been released.
                    Last edited by PArecruit; 01-16-2014, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• PAT scoring:
                      20 points across 4 events (trigger pull, sit-ups, wall/agility run, push-ups) must be earned.
                      At least 1point on each event
                      If you fail to achieve at least 1 point for an event, you won't pass that event, and you won't advance to subsequent events.

Comment

• The Test designers know what they're doing - going above 30 is where it seems to me that the average candidate starts to rack up points in the push-up/sit-up scoring, and that's where I am having a sticking-point plateau. I'm curious to know what the average time is in the Wall Agility Run. I'm guessing it's right there in the meaty part of the Bell curve: just under 25 seconds. I'm thinking that the Trigger Pull is not as easy as it sounds either so it shouldn't be taken lightly.

Comment

• 30 sit-ups= 4 points, 42+ = 8 points
                          30 pushups= 5 points, 41+ = 8 points
                          22.16 seconds or faster on the wall/agility= 8 points, 25 seconds=2 or 3 points
                          71+ trigger pulls=8 points

Originally posted by Naldo View Post
                          The Test designers know what they're doing - going above 30 is where it seems to me that the average candidate starts to rack up points in the push-up/sit-up scoring, and that's where I am having a sticking-point plateau. I'm curious to know what the average time is in the Wall Agility Run. I'm guessing it's right there in the meaty part of the Bell curve: just under 25 seconds. I'm thinking that the Trigger Pull is not as easy as it sounds either so it shouldn't be taken lightly.

Comment

• Has anyone who completed their written test on Dec 2nd receive a PAT test date and time yet?

Comment

• I took my test on November 25th, and still have not gotten my date. Had reached out to Jen Lo and she said the dates are coming and that only the first PAT has been scheduled.

Comment

• Yeah I sent her something as well and stated; candidates will be scheduled for the PAT in order of their NTN test date. Candidates who will be testing in late January and early February have been notified. There are approximately 1200 candidates that need to be scheduled for the PAT.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13530 users online. 486 members and 13044 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X