Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You'll have your gear by the first day of class. Gall's is notorious for making you wait though, so get used to it.
    Originally posted by SRBL09 View Post
    Yes i called earlier and got the same story. I sure hope they are ready before our first day.

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
      You'll have your gear by the first day of class. Gall's is notorious for making you wait though, so get used to it.
      Thats good to know lol. Does sfpd have contracts anywhere else that might be a little more expedient?

Comment

• No. Gall's is it.
        Originally posted by SRBL09 View Post
        Thats good to know lol. Does sfpd have contracts anywhere else that might be a little more expedient?

Comment

• Don't be late to the Orientation tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
            Don't be late to the Orientation tomorrow.
            Too anxious to be late!

Comment

• I wish I had heard something back. The last I heard from them was in June or something like that? I was right before backgrounds. I still haven't heard anything back from them. Good luck to all those that are starting the Academy!

Comment

• You'll be surprised that we had cases of recruits showing up late or no show on the first day of the academy. If it was up to me , I would fire them immediately and have the next candidate on standby take their spot(s).

I've notice that Recruits in the last 5 years or so have this sense of entitlement. They love to bitch and moan about doing any "work". It's not even that hard and we get paid pretty good for what we do, just stop whining and do your damn job! The citizens expect that, we expect that!

And for those of you are the waiting list, stop calling and asking about your status! Be patient and stay out of trouble in the meantime. There was a time when the hiring process took over 2 years, so you waiting 8 months ain't nothing.

Comment

• Please see below
                  Last edited by Bklyns_Finest; 01-09-2014, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CA Cop View Post

I've notice that Recruits in the last 5 years or so have this sense of entitlement.

And for those of you are the waiting list, stop calling and asking about your status! Be patient and stay out of trouble in the meantime. There was a time when the hiring process took over 2 years, so you waiting 8 months ain't nothing.
                    I thought this whole sense of entitlement thing was only running rampant on the East Coast. Guess it's a generational thing.

As for waiting two years, I only wish two years was the average when I first got on. Here on the East Coast, especially in New York (NYPD, Nassau County, Suffolk County), you were lucky to get on in three years, while many averaged a four year wait back in the late 80's and early 90's.

Comment

• Those of you who have taken the WSTB from San Jose Academy can use it to waive SFPD PAT test with the exception of the Trigger Pull. Just got the email from Jen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark-Knight View Post
                        Those of you who have taken the WSTB from San Jose Academy can use it to waive SFPD PAT test with the exception of the Trigger Pull. Just got the email from Jen.
                        Do you think we can still take the WSTB in place of the SFPD physical now? The next WSTB tests at the San Jose Academy are held on January 28, 29, 30 and February 22. I know it is harder but it's a personal preference.

I'm going to e-mail Jen Lo anyways but if anyone here knows the answer, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Comment

• Wow, quick response from Jen Lo.
                          She said we could still take the WSTB in place of the SFPD's physical. Note, WSTB physical is $100 and about $25 for a practice run. It focuses more on cardio then upper body but well worth it for those who suck at push ups like I do. I understand push ups are going to be 100x harder in the Academy, but at this point I'm still slowly progressing on the one thing I have trouble with.

Comment

• WSTB from San Jose is much more cardio than SFPD. For those who are wondering what they test you on, here's the break down.

1st test is the 1.5 mile run in under 14minutes to be a pass. This exercise is a pass or fail, meaning if you finish it under 10minutes compare to the next guy who finishes it in 13:59. You both get the same score no matter what.

2nd Test - 99 yard obstacle course
                            3rd Test - 165 lb Body Drag 32ft
                            4th Test - Chain Link Fence Climb 6ft
                            5th Test - Solid Wall Climb 6ft
                            Final Test - 500 Yard Sprint (1 full lap)

The whole test depending on how many people are testing will take an estimate of 2-3 hours. Bring water and light snacks cause the test is given rain or shine. Looking at the SFPD PAT, I'm pretty sure the test isn't time consuming.

I asked Jen whats the passing grade that SFPD accepts from the WSTB score. Jen says the passing score is 320 from the WSTB.

Remind you that if you do take the WSTB and pass. You are still required to take the "Trigger Pull Test" on the day of your oral interview.
                            Last edited by Dark-Knight; 01-11-2014, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark-Knight View Post
                              WSTB from San Jose is much more cardio than SFPD. For those who are wondering what they test you on, here's the break down.

1st test is the 1.5 mile run in under 14minutes to be a pass. This exercise is a pass or fail, meaning if you finish it under 10minutes compare to the next guy who finishes it in 13:59. You both get the same score no matter what.

2nd Test - 99 yard obstacle course
                              3rd Test - 165 lb Body Drag 32ft
                              4th Test - Chain Link Fence Climb 6ft
                              5th Test - Solid Wall Climb 6ft
                              Final Test - 500 Yard Sprint (1 full lap)

The whole test depending on how many people are testing will take an estimate of 2-3 hours. Bring water and light snacks cause the test is given rain or shine. Looking at the SFPD PAT, I'm pretty sure the test isn't time consuming.

I asked Jen whats the passing grade that SFPD accepts from the WSTB score. Jen says the passing score is 320 from the WSTB.

Remind you that if you do take the WSTB and pass. You are still required to take the "Trigger Pull Test" on the day of your oral interview.
                              Yup, exactly.

Another thing, each test is timed but you get a generous time to complete each course. Also, the SJ Academy offers a practice WSTB test, which is coming up this Monday. I don't know when the next one will be. You're right, this is a lot more cardio and time consuming. SFPD's physical, you'll be in and out within 1.5 - 2 hours at most.

Comment

• New to the forum. Been reading a lot of the posts from past and present recruits, and they are very helpful and entertaining...I just received a notification that the PAT will begin in the next few weeks. If its anything like the reserves test, then it will be fine considering I completed the test under the allotted time which was 44 seconds. Good luck to everyone and be patient; great things comes to those who wait, but in the meantime work on your weaknesses.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7280 users online. 300 members and 6980 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X