Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SFPD Testing

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SFPD pat is probably the easiest I've heard. SJPD probably one of the toughest one's out there because there a time on the 1.5 mile run. If your not ready for the PAT the academy will be harder.

    Comment


    • Well from what I understand it'll take about 9 months to 1 year I believe to get called for the academy. I'll have plenty of time to get fit. But the this PAT is my worry.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by PArecruit View Post
        Can anyone give me general idea of when the PAT testing dates start. 3 weeks from now? 4? Anything will help.
        I don't believe any e-mails have been sent out in regards to PAT scheduling but assume it will be within the next month to month and a half. Start training now if you need it. I wish SF would focus more on running then upper body strength but I guess that's what they're aiming for now.

        Comment


        • SF's academy doesn't have a lot of running from what I hear. It's all cross fit training on exercises. Don't take my word for it though. I'm glad I still do cardio to prepare myself

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dc415 View Post
            I don't believe any e-mails have been sent out in regards to PAT scheduling but assume it will be within the next month to month and a half. Start training now if you need it. I wish SF would focus more on running then upper body strength but I guess that's what they're aiming for now.
            Thank you. I'm an out of state applicant so I need to start looking at flights.

            Comment


            • Send an email over to HR and see if there is a different process for out of state applicants. I know other agencies would usually host a weekend session to accommodate those apply out of state. I.may be wrong, but it's worth a shot.

              Originally posted by PArecruit View Post
              Thank you. I'm an out of state applicant so I need to start looking at flights.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by PArecruit View Post
                Thank you. I'm an out of state applicant so I need to start looking at flights.
                Yeah, just reply to Jen Lo with any questions. She's pretty good on responses.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TC76 View Post
                  Send an email over to HR and see if there is a different process for out of state applicants. I know other agencies would usually host a weekend session to accommodate those apply out of state. I.may be wrong, but it's worth a shot.
                  I'll do that. It's worth the try.

                  Comment


                  • Got my passing email. Now, time to work on my pushups.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by PArecruit View Post
                      Thank you. I'm an out of state applicant so I need to start looking at flights.
                      I am also out-of-state in NC and am curious to see if we can PAT closer to home - at least we can save one round trip fare.

                      Comment


                      • I was in the last testing coming from NH and emailed Jen Lo about condensing the testing but she stated they wouldn't for my list but had for previous lists. I flew out three times spending a good amount of money and haven't heard since June after passing the oral board. Other big departments break up the steps like Austin and San Diego. I'm participating in Austin's because it is only two trips. Hope they condense it for you guys because it was expensive. Still hoping for a call soon but the list expires in June. San Francisco is beautiful though and well worth the trip/trips.

                        Comment


                        • Has anyone in the 239th heard back from galls yet?

                          Comment


                          • I called Galls and they said they are backed up and the 239th uniforms might be ready by Friday. I would call sometime this week, maybe weds, and just get an update.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by cairsc View Post
                              I called Galls and they said they are backed up and the 239th uniforms might be ready by Friday. I would call sometime this week, maybe weds, and just get an update.
                              Yes i called earlier and got the same story. I sure hope they are ready before our first day.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Naldo View Post
                                I am also out-of-state in NC and am curious to see if we can PAT closer to home - at least we can save one round trip fare.
                                I emailed Jen lo about any accommodations they give to out of state applicants and she responded responded without answering the question. She only said that the dates for the PAT are not scheduled, just that they will be set for the end of January. So if you find anything out pls post. Ty
                                Last edited by PArecruit; 01-06-2014, 06:52 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7074 users online. 337 members and 6737 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X