Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are done with the 128 list. They will continue to process those remaining on the 129 list for the may academy. I believe the Jan academy is already set. There were plenty of folks whom passed the process and are waiting for the hiring board.

Originally posted by jyouwin25 View Post
    @Williampenn, do you know or does anyone know if any body has completed their background between September and now? Based on this forum, no one has completed the background process since September. Which leads me to believe that no one has been added to the hiring pool since Sep. If this is the case, are candidates on the 128-4 list that completed their background, eligible for this upcoming January class even if you have been previously presented at the hiring meeting?

Comment

• I am pretty sure the January class is not set at this point. To clarify my last post, a large group of applicants 50+ completed there backgrounds in Septembe with the last testing phase which was meeting with a psychologist. That group included 129 and 128-4. I know this because I took part in the testing and I am on the 128-4 list. By keeping up with this forum, it doesn't seem that one after that September testing has gone through all the background testing needed to get through to the hiring bored. It seemed to me that backgrounds was at a stand still from September until now. With that being said, how is the January class going to be selected if no new applicants have gone through backgrounds since September? If anyone's has recently completed their background and was told by their BI they are being presented to the hiring bored for January academy, please share...(if you have not gone through triage, one on one with bi, medical, poly, Psyc1,2 this does not include you)

Comment

• From what I read, the list expires in February.

Comment

• There is a second wave being processed through backgrounds right now. They will also be added to the hiring pool for the January 13th academy class. I was in the wave that was processed in September, and I know a few people going through backgrounds right now, who were told they will be added to the hiring pool for Jan 13th.

The class has not been set yet. It won't be set until the second wave goes through the hiring board meetings sometime in the next 2 weeks.
          Last edited by cairsc; 12-07-2013, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• @cairsc, thanks for the insight!! I guess our chances of making january aren't as good as I thought...

Comment

• Originally posted by jyouwin25 View Post
              I am pretty sure the January class is not set at this point. To clarify my last post, a large group of applicants 50+ completed there backgrounds in Septembe with the last testing phase which was meeting with a psychologist. That group included 129 and 128-4. I know this because I took part in the testing and I am on the 128-4 list. By keeping up with this forum, it doesn't seem that one after that September testing has gone through all the background testing needed to get through to the hiring bored. It seemed to me that backgrounds was at a stand still from September until now. With that being said, how is the January class going to be selected if no new applicants have gone through backgrounds since September? If anyone's has recently completed their background and was told by their BI they are being presented to the hiring bored for January academy, please share...(if you have not gone through triage, one on one with bi, medical, poly, Psyc1,2 this does not include you)
              Those selected for the January class will be getting the call around the 20th or so.

Comment

• originally applied back in 2011, I'm currently on the 128-4 list. I figured I never went to triage because my test score was on the lower end and they possibly were picking from the top testing scores. I just re applied and about a week ago I took the NTN. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about how they are choosing who goes to backgrounds, since they have kind of changed things up.

Comment

• Just heard today that January's class will only have 40 recruits bacause a lateral class of 10 will start in February. Does anyone know how many people are in this most recent wave of backgrounds?

Comment

• The passing scores for the NTN has not yet been determined. HR is waiting for a larger group of folks to take the NTN test before determining a passing percentage and sending out notifications. That should hopefully happen mid to end of dec.

Originally posted by Heather510 View Post
                    originally applied back in 2011, I'm currently on the 128-4 list. I figured I never went to triage because my test score was on the lower end and they possibly were picking from the top testing scores. I just re applied and about a week ago I took the NTN. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about how they are choosing who goes to backgrounds, since they have kind of changed things up.

Comment

• The recruit class in January has nothing to do with the lateral class in February, it hasn't even been selected yet...
                      Originally posted by jyouwin25 View Post
                      Just heard today that January's class will only have 40 recruits bacause a lateral class of 10 will start in February. Does anyone know how many people are in this most recent wave of backgrounds?

Comment

• Hello everybody, I've looked through the pages but couldn't find an answer so I might as well ask. Just wondering I'm planning on taking the NTN test sometime in January, could someone give me a timeline on SFPD hiring process? or how long it takes?

Comment

• Originally posted by hc2012 View Post
                          Hello everybody, I've looked through the pages but couldn't find an answer so I might as well ask. Just wondering I'm planning on taking the NTN test sometime in January, could someone give me a timeline on SFPD hiring process? or how long it takes?

For those of you that are impatient and keep whining about the how LONG the hiring process takes.

Listen up! This is the official word. If you submit your application on January 1st, you will start the Academy on January 2nd.

If you believe you are overqualified for the job for whatever reason(s), submit a resume and demand to skip the Academy / FTO, and proceed directly to a specialized unit.

Ok got that?

Comment

• Originally posted by hc2012 View Post
                            Hello everybody, I've looked through the pages but couldn't find an answer so I might as well ask. Just wondering I'm planning on taking the NTN test sometime in January, could someone give me a timeline on SFPD hiring process? or how long it takes?
                            If you really looked through the pages in this thread, there are at least 50 posts about the duration of the hiring process.

The hiring process generally takes about a year and a half, maybe two...that's if you pass everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by dc415 View Post
                              Has anyone from here volunteered or interned with the SFPD that eventually went on to become Q2's?
                              I know a few interns who are Q2's now. An internship alone is not really going to help you get into the department. There are a lot of interns that i know of who were on the previous list that never got called to backgrounds.
                              Its the recommendations you can make during your internship that may help a little during backgrounds.

Comment

• Congratulations to those of you who got the call. Good luck to you all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7969 users online. 387 members and 7582 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X