Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SFPD Testing

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why do they open testing again and waste money when there are 1500 people who passed all three steps waiting for the BIs?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by nhproud17 View Post
      Why do they open testing again and waste money when there are 1500 people who passed all three steps waiting for the BIs?
      Because we want the cream of the crop. Just because you made it on an eligibility list does not mean anything.

      We can have multiple active eligibility lists. Nothing says we have to hire those 1500 before we can have another testing.

      Just be patient. It's a long process. Just stay out of trouble and wait for the call.

      Comment


      • This seems new to me after putting in my application in. SFPD is now using “FrontLine National” law enforcement examination administered by the National Testing Network (NTN).

        There are three components to the FrontLine National examination: a video-based human relations test, a reading ability test, and a written language ability test. Testing takes approximately 2 1/2 hours. Upon receipt of test scores from NTN, the City and County of San Francisco will notify candidates of their pass/fail status on this test component.

        After reading their process, I didn't see any written post anywhere. Is this the new selection testing for California?

        Comment


        • I took the test today. It's a rather interesting test. I prefer it to the post. Be ready to spend $
          45.00 for it.

          Comment


          • Guys, can you clarify on this new testing system SF is using? On the application, I still see POST as the primary entry examination. Same, as last year. Am I missing something?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dc415 View Post
              Guys, can you clarify on this new testing system SF is using? On the application, I still see POST as the primary entry examination. Same, as last year. Am I missing something?
              Where are you seeing POST on the applicantion?
              Here's the application link, if you got the wrong one ---> http://www.sf-police.org/index.aspx?page=4013

              I confirmed it with an SFPD Lieutenant today. SFPD is doing a new testing which is the National Testing Network (NTN). I'm guessing SF got tired of putting 1000+ applicants through post test free of charge and setting up dates. So from now on "you" have to schedule your own NTN test and pay for the fee.
              Last edited by Dark-Knight; 11-10-2013, 11:06 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Dark-Knight View Post
                Where are you seeing POST on the applicantion?
                Here's the application link, if you got the wrong one ---> http://www.sf-police.org/index.aspx?page=4013

                I confirmed it with an SFPD Lieutenant today. SFPD is doing a new testing which is the National Testing Network (NTN). I'm guessing SF got tired of putting 1000+ applicants through post test free of charge and setting up dates. So from now on "you" have to schedule your own NTN test and pay for the fee.
                Thanks for the heads up. For some reason, that specific link you provided brought me to last years application information a couple of days ago, and now has been updated with the new information.

                Comment


                • Hello all,

                  QUESTION - If you are disqualified from SFPD, do they mail out a letter or send an email to notify you? The reason I ask is I went through background, poly, psych and medical for the E128 list in Aug-Oct 2012. Never heard from the department after. The SFGH doctor did clear me after my medical exam. Odd thing is during my background my BI confirmed receipt of all of my reference letters and required documents, but never completed my house visit and neighbors check. I just want to know if I was passed over/dq'd or on the 'hiring eligibility list.'

                  Comment


                  • I'm pretty sure they tell you if you have been DQ'd for some reason. I applied in November 2011 and completed all my testing/background in August 2012. I know it's frustrating and even with several colleagues at SFPD I have been unable to find a "reason" for the delay. But I have heard many similar stories for what it's worth.

                    Comment


                    • Well said my friend, well said!!!!!!!!

                      Originally posted by CA Cop View Post
                      Because we want the cream of the crop. Just because you made it on an eligibility list does not mean anything.

                      We can have multiple active eligibility lists. Nothing says we have to hire those 1500 before we can have another testing.

                      Just be patient. It's a long process. Just stay out of trouble and wait for the call.

                      Comment


                      • Ya I understand that completely. I would just think they would start picking people from that list for the January and May academies. Or at least keep us updated on how many candidates are left from the 128-04 and 129-01 lists. I guess the eagerness to be a San Francisco police officer is getting to me. But I'll wait patiently for that call. Even if it's another year from now. But honestly what are the chances the sfpd hires from out of state? I'm on the other side of the country and everyone is discouraging me saying they won't take me to the backgrounds stage because of the distance and the costs of home visits, etc.

                        Comment


                        • Whoever told you that out-of-state applicants aren't being taken is incorrect. The last few academy classes have had out of staters (entry level as well as laterals).

                          Originally posted by nhproud17 View Post
                          Ya I understand that completely. I would just think they would start picking people from that list for the January and May academies. Or at least keep us updated on how many candidates are left from the 128-04 and 129-01 lists. I guess the eagerness to be a San Francisco police officer is getting to me. But I'll wait patiently for that call. Even if it's another year from now. But honestly what are the chances the sfpd hires from out of state? I'm on the other side of the country and everyone is discouraging me saying they won't take me to the backgrounds stage because of the distance and the costs of home visits, etc.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by williampenn View Post
                            Whoever told you that out-of-state applicants aren't being taken is incorrect. The last few academy classes have had out of staters (entry level as well as laterals).
                            Thank you for the reassurance. It wasn't anyone in the San Francisco PD just some people I know who don't think they would fly out a BI for a home visit. Would they honestly do that or would the home visit just consist of calling the neighbors/roommates/parents/references/etc? The reason I'm asking is because I'm located about 3000 miles away.

                            Comment


                            • Letters are sent out.

                              Originally posted by nhproud17 View Post
                              Thank you for the reassurance. It wasn't anyone in the San Francisco PD just some people I know who don't think they would fly out a BI for a home visit. Would they honestly do that or would the home visit just consist of calling the neighbors/roommates/parents/references/etc? The reason I'm asking is because I'm located about 3000 miles away.

                              Comment


                              • Hi I'am E129-1 and I have not heard anything form SFPD since passing my oral interview. Does anyone know if its okay to apply again (for E130?) even though I am still on the eligible list for E129?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10268 users online. 506 members and 9762 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X