300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey,
    There's a practice written test on the city & county of SF's website that will give you an idea of what to expect.

Originally posted by TruePatriot View Post
    Hi Guys/Gals,
    I am currently looking to apply for the SFPD entry-level officer position. I heard that the application window will open in September from SFPD's recruiter. Anyone have any advice? Should I somehow start practicing for the written portion or is that a long-shot?

Comment

• MacGrey,

As far as I can tell, a candidate is pushed to a background investigation based on their rank and their PHQ/background results. I turned in my background package on the last possible day so I don't think timeliness of that package plays much of a factor in determining who's called.

As for my scheduled meetings…my triage was the second week in July, BI intro meeting was 10 days later, and the poly was a week after that. Med exam is coming up in the next 2 weeks and psych on Aug-24. As far as I can tell, candidates processing now are being geared towards the Sept. class.

I ranked in the top 30, am prior service, with no notable language skills. During my last meeting with the BI, I was told there's a class starting Sept. 30th and another on Jan. 6th.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• I had my psych on 08/09/2013 for a different agency. The same day a candidate for SFPD was there taking the psych and mentioned that if everything went well that day he was in for the Septemeber academy. Good luck to the rest of you with the process. Per our conversation it took him two years to get to that point.

Comment

• Hello Everyone,

I am part of E-12901 and I had my triage on 7/9/13. My rank is 19 and I speak two other language. I have not received a call yet. I was stressing out until the second week after my triage, then I came across this forum, and from what I have been reading, it looks like it will take on average two months after triage to get contacted. Is this correct? I also understand there is an academy starting in late september, since the background process usually takes at least 3 months, I believe they are contacting local san franciscan's to put through for the september academy. Due to the fact that they would have to fly out to other city's to contact neighbors, employers, etc. and there would not be enough time for them to finish up. This is at least my rationale, and I hope I am right because I am from Los Angeles. Any thoughts?

John

Comment

• I am ranked in the 60's. Traige was middle of july . Bi 10 days later then poly 3 days after that. Medical and psych at the end of august. Hope i will make that september academy. How many others have psych on the 24th?

Comment

• Hello John,

I live in SF and had my BI meeting 1 week after the triage. Based on this, you may be on to something regarding BI's choosing candidates based on geography.

Redford
              Last edited by Redford; 08-20-2013, 01:31 AM.

Comment

• I'm on the 129-01 list too, in the top 25, had my triage back in early July but I still haven't gotten called yet either. After reading some of these posts, I'm wondering if its got anything to do with my race and sex. My background is squeaky clean, no drugs, no alcohol, no run-ins with the law. I've got a BS from SF State and I have a great work history with excellent references. I'm also in great shape and involved in lots of different sports. Out of curiosity-how many of you who have gotten the call and went through the testing this past Saturday are white males? I'm beginning to think my being a white male is what's holding me back. Would be interesting to know the race & sex of the people who are whizzing through this process now.
                Originally posted by john_hamm View Post
                Hello Everyone,

I am part of E-12901 and I had my triage on 7/9/13. My rank is 19 and I speak two other language. I have not received a call yet. I was stressing out until the second week after my triage, then I came across this forum, and from what I have been reading, it looks like it will take on average two months after triage to get contacted. Is this correct? I also understand there is an academy starting in late september, since the background process usually takes at least 3 months, I believe they are contacting local san franciscan's to put through for the september academy. Due to the fact that they would have to fly out to other city's to contact neighbors, employers, etc. and there would not be enough time for them to finish up. This is at least my rationale, and I hope I am right because I am from Los Angeles. Any thoughts?

John

Comment

• I would say 60% were white males and females. Quite a few asians and 2 or 3 african americans. I dont think it has anything to do with race.

Comment

• Folks,

From what I understand, candidates will begin to hear about their acceptance for the September 30th class during the week of September 9th. If you happen to get the call, please post it here so we know notifications have begun.

Thanks,

Redford

Comment

• The actual date will be Sept. 16th, 2 weeks prior to the start of the Sept. 30th class. This is when the phone calls will go out.
                      Originally posted by Redford View Post
                      Folks,

From what I understand, candidates will begin to hear about their acceptance for the September 30th class dAuring the week of September 9th. If you happen to get the call, please post it here so we know notifications have begun.

Thanks,

Redford

Comment

• What a relief to find this discussion and see who appear to be many in the same situation. I'm on the 128 list and finished backgrounds in August of 2012. Have been waiting semi-patiently since.

Comment

• Originally posted by gdm_tech View Post
                          What a relief to find this discussion and see who appear to be many in the same situation. I'm on the 128 list and finished backgrounds in August of 2012. Have been waiting semi-patiently since.
                          Have you heard anything from your BI? I haven't heard any news or updates from my BI since April.

Comment

• Not a word since 8/19/12. From my understanding once the background is done and you're presented to the hiring committee, the BI is essentially done and it's out of their hands.

Comment

• I wish they at least informed you on whether they want you or not. It is sooooo frustrating.

Comment

• hi all,
                                i am in the same boat as many of you (128-04); i passed everything late last year and am anxious to get "picked up" by the department. fyi, we are graded at the hiring meeting and those receiving higher grades are selected for acadamies before those with lower grades. also, staffing needs might dictate that someone is chosen before you (eg. language skills, gender, etc.) i was told that most candidates are graded "c" and that most "c's" are "picked up". good luck to all....hopefully many of us will get that CALL shortly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4615 users online. 275 members and 4340 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X