300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eagleI View Post
    Be careful with supplements. "Natural" isn't always good. Ma Huang is a natural weight loss supplement but it is a dangerous substitute for ephedra. Do your research on what you are taking. If you eat well, you shouldn't need supplements.
    True and for some individuals that may work. But what I found in my 15 years of weight training is that my body type needs supplements to hold my muscle mass. I've tried with strict diets alone but no dice. At 5'7" I am originally 145-150 pounds but with supplements I grow to 170 + of muscle with hardly any body fat. Good call on the "natural" supplements. I will investigate before I begin my supplementation. Thanks for the heads up and input.
    Last edited by mario415; 02-26-2012, 09:55 AM.

Comment

caideN - I didn't mean making up stuff as in lying. Meant "hypotheticals"...haha I think I was out in 8 minutes per the timer on the table. As far as the backgrounds..I agree, quite a few will get trashed for not including all required documents and/or just not following directions in general. As usual, I went through the check-list numerous times and had other people I trust read over the PHS making sure there were no errors. I'm just happy I didn't have to hand write this one. Not to long ago I had to do a hand written PHS. It was treacherous as I have a lot of background info to include..the whole, "see page 25 for explanation". More like "see page 30"...haha It's hard not to make a few mistakes when hand writing everything.

mario415 - I was reading your posts about supplements... I have had LEO physicals and if anything, they may ask, "are you currently taking any herbal supplements?". This is due to some products producing false positives in urine and/or blood tests. As long as your personal trainer isn't Greg Anderson, I wouldn't worry about your supplements being an issue. Also, just like eagleI had said, "natural" isn't always good and in my opinion, the word "natural" does not always mean natural. A lot of supplements created specifically for building muscle mass can be really hard on the liver and kidneys. Just do your research and be careful.

Comment

The city of San Bruno is looking for a few good men.
        http://www.calopps.org/ViewAgencyJob.cfm?ID=11477

Comment

Good luck with that... I am an academy grad and they said they had people with higher qualifications. I wasn't even invited to do any testing.

Comment

caideN-I know it's off topic, but did you apply with Turlock PD? They were accepting applications in November and were looking for academy grads.

Comment

No, I did not. But I applied to about 8 agencies in the South Bay and only about 2 replied with testing dates. They all either never sent me an email or sent me an email notifying me that they have a lot of qualified folks. I stopped applying for agencies that are only hiring 1 or 2 because they look for "true laterals."

Comment

Originally posted by mario415 View Post
                Mine was done in 32.something seconds. That was ok considering that I had pneumonia that for one month and I was severely weak that day. I never had pneumonia and it couldn't have came at a worse time. Looking back it was quite funny. After the small obstacle course I looked like I had just ran a 10k marathon. Then We were tested on the trigger pull. I swear that tiny pistol felt like a Gatling Gun when I held it up. I felt like collapsing right after and was coughing for weeks after. Pneumonia sucks.
                Mario415, u got me on the course, i got 37. Trigger pull was like a water gun for me. Guess my fingers were pumped up.lol Wow, didn't know they sent out fails for oral. Glad, I haven't received anything. Now on to the background packet.

Oh if anybodys interested in ride alongs, we can't for SFPD. I asked my SFPD friend and he said applicants cant ride along. Any agencies around here that do??
                CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
                NOR passed 1/25/11
                Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
                Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
                PFT1 12/15/11
                VBT/SI 1/26/12
                VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
                LASIK surgery 1/31/12
                Met BI investigator 3/13/12
                Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
                Drug test 7/18/12

Comment

Brisbane PD is the closest PD I know that allows ridealongs to non-applicants. Be warned that it's nothing like actual SFPD.

Comment

Originally posted by caideN View Post
                    Brisbane PD is the closest PD I know that allows ridealongs to non-applicants. Be warned that it's nothing like actual SFPD.
                    U mean theres no TL station in Brisbane? I'll look into it. thanks caideN.
                    CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
                    NOR passed 1/25/11
                    Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
                    Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
                    PFT1 12/15/11
                    VBT/SI 1/26/12
                    VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
                    LASIK surgery 1/31/12
                    Met BI investigator 3/13/12
                    Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
                    Drug test 7/18/12

Comment

Did anyone get a response from the SFPD background unit about receiving your background packet in the mail?

I sent mine last week, and haven't received a response. I was thinking about calling them to confirm that it was received.

Comment

I thought they instructed us not to call about stuff like that. Just chill and Be patient...

Comment

for times like that, send it certified mail...you get delivery confirmation with it!

Comment

That's not good enough. You need to bring it there yourself.
                            Last edited by caideN; 02-29-2012, 09:13 PM.

Comment

haha...just do 100% as they say, verbatim. No need to jump the gun and **** anyone off.
                              Last edited by ifaynshteyn; 02-29-2012, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Haha. Yep and wait! They stressed that if you don't get contacted in a year plus then to call them lol. All they'll say is sorry you didn't make it, better luck next time!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11280 users online. 470 members and 10810 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X