300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SRBL09 View Post
    I have the poly soon as well. How was it? Long?
    Not long at all. I think I was out of there in less than an hour.

Comment

• I also passed my poly. Waiting on Med/psych.

Comment

• Well they sure don't waste time once they call you. Just have to get called.

Comment

• I got my medical Tuesday the 6th but no psych. Anyone have there psych scheduled?

Comment

• For those of you currently undergoing either poly, medical, and etc, how were you contacted for triage? Email or letter? How long ago after triage did your BI's call you?

Lastly, I went through backgrounds last yr for E128-4. After my medical was completed I never heard from my BI again. Anyone think they will make the 128-4 applicants that applied for E129-1 go through the entire background process again?

Comment

• Originally posted by carlos_rogers View Post
              For those of you currently undergoing either poly, medical, and etc, how were you contacted for triage? Email or letter? How long ago after triage did your BI's call you?

Lastly, I went through backgrounds last yr for E128-4. After my medical was completed I never heard from my BI again. Anyone think they will make the 128-4 applicants that applied for E129-1 go through the entire background process again?
              No you won't have to go through the entire process again. The tentative date for the Sept academy is the 30th. Those chosen will be notified 2 weeks prior to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
                No you won't have to go through the entire process again. The tentative date for the Sept academy is the 30th. Those chosen will be notified 2 weeks prior to that.
                For 129-1ers, who haven't been contacted yet for background triage - I'm guessing too late to be considered for Sept 30th academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by jyouwin25 View Post
                  I got my medical Tuesday the 6th but no psych. Anyone have there psych scheduled?
                  My psych is the 24th.

Comment

• Originally posted by diggsit View Post
                    My psych is the 24th.
                    Ok. I most likely will have that date as well because there will be multiple people there meeting with the psychologist. Also there is a written portion. I heard this will be a 4 hour long thing...

Comment

• Read the following in a news update on the sfpd page. This class graduated in January of this year. Looks like if you're bilingual it's definitely a bonus.

"There are 46 recruits graduating from the class. 26 recruits have 4-year college degrees and two recruits have Masters’ degrees. In this Class there are five female recruits and the remaining are males.
                      The youngest recruit is 23 years old and the oldest is 48 years old. Almost half of the recruits are bilingual. The languages spoken are: Tagalog, Pampangan, Spanish, French, Cantonese, Russian, Ukranian, Mandarin, Mongolian and Vietnamese.
                      The 232nd Academy Class has completed 31 weeks of training. Following the graduation, the newly sworn officers will begin a 16-week field-training program at the Department’s district stations."

Comment

• From my analysis of the rumor intelligence posted here I think its pretty safe to say if you haven't been contacted yet your not going to be contacted until September at the earliest. It seems their trying to fill a September academy, so naturally they've all ready contacted those who their interested in for that academy. Their not likely to take on investigating any new applicants until their done with those who their currently looking at for the September academy.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to stop monitoring my phone religiously until September.

Comment

• Appreciate the info williampenn.

One more question - If myself or others from E124 are not selected for the September academy, how will that effect our standing as a candidate for E129? Will someone from the BI Unit still contact us? I found it odd that my BI never contacted me after I completed my follow up medical exam last October (had to take additional exam due to breating variation).

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
                            Appreciate the info williampenn.

One more question - If myself or others from E124 are not selected for the September academy, how will that effect our standing as a candidate for E129? Will someone from the BI Unit still contact us? I found it odd that my BI never contacted me after I completed my follow up medical exam last October (had to take additional exam due to breating variation).

Comment

• Originally posted by carlos_rogers View Post
                              Appreciate the info williampenn.

Are you on the E129 list? There's a lateral academy scheduled for November and another entry level scheduled for January. The 128-04 list expires in Feb.

Comment

• Hi Guys/Gals,
                                I am currently looking to apply for the SFPD entry-level officer position. I heard that the application window will open in September from SFPD's recruiter. Anyone have any advice? Should I somehow start practicing for the written portion or is that a long-shot?
                                Last edited by TruePatriot; 08-08-2013, 06:35 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5869 users online. 231 members and 5638 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X