Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the last time they offered it, last weekend in may i think

Comment

• I'm 99 on he E129-01 list. No call yet, but if they're calling folks lower on the list, there may still be hope for me! I wrote Jen Lo and asked her what the rank of 99 really meant. She said this (in part) in the email: "There are 695 candidates at or above you in rank. Please keep in mind, that your written score is only one component they consider. The Backgrounds Unit looks at that score, oral interview, PHQ and background packet when determining which candidates to bring in for further processing. "

I hope that puts things in perspective. I still think the selection process seems really random!

Comment

• Anyone else scheduled for poly yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by diggsit View Post
          Anyone else scheduled for poly yet?
          Hi. I'm also E129-1 and ranked in the low 100's but I have yet to hear a peep from SFPD since passing my orals. You seem to be moving very fast in the process, must be doing something right. Are you ex-military?

Comment

• Originally posted by hifive View Post
            Hi. I'm also E129-1 and ranked in the low 100's but I have yet to hear a peep from SFPD since passing my orals. You seem to be moving very fast in the process, must be doing something right. Are you ex-military?
            Hi, I'm not ex-military- but I am bilingual.

Comment

Hi, I'm not ex-military- but I am bilingual.
              You must be speaking the right language then...Because I am too.

Btw, thanks for keeping us updated on your progress.
              Kind of hard - sitting in the dark.

Comment

• Sooooo let me try and get this straight...correct me if i'm wrong:

1.Your ranking on the E129-1 list is only determined by your written test score.

2. The PAT and Oral Interview were more or less pass or fail, and in no way contribute to your ranking on the list, however; your scores for that are also being looked at by the BI's.

3. Those who are already being contacted who are on the E129-1 list and have passed all testing up to this point(Written, PAT, and Oral Interview) are those who are relatively high on the ranking list and/or turned in their background packet earlier rather than later.

4. Some are also possibly being called to start the next step in the process because they are either ex-military or bilingual or both.

That is what I've gathered reading over this forum, but again correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks, and good luck to my fellow E129-1ers!

Comment

• Honestly what I am understanding is that it is completely random. Some are high/lower on the list, some are military, some are bilingual. But this also includes people who haven't been contacted either. I mean people who took the PAT later had a later date to hand in the packet. I was on the Saturday of the last weekend and haven't heard anything. My date for the packet was June 10th and no one who has been contacted by the sfpd has said when they handed in their packet so I don't know if we could go by that either. So there seems to be no clear answer who they are contacting.

Comment

• Yeah, I guess we are all just trying to make sense of something that makes no sense at all. Lol. We will all just have to wait our turn and see what happens. Good luck to ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by hifive View Post
                      You must be speaking the right language then...Because I am too.

Btw, thanks for keeping us updated on your progress.
                      Kind of hard - sitting in the dark.
                      I don't know if its the 'right language' but I speak Cantonese & I'm sorry you haven't been contacted yet.
                      Last edited by diggsit; 07-25-2013, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• I'm a veteran (ex-military) and bilingual... and still waiting for a call.

Comment

• Guys Its Not About One Single Characteristic, Remember It Has To Do With How Good You Interview And Your background Packet. Do Well In Your Interview To Show That Youre COP Material And Have A Clean And Well Rounded Background, No Felonies, Hopefully No Previous ArrestS, No Major Drug History(Clean For Atleast 3 Years). You Have To Be A Well Rounded Person, Remember TheyRe Taking A Risk On Us So They Have To Choose PrecOciously.

Comment

Anyone else scheduled for poly yet?
                            FYI you might want to read the lie behind the lie detector at antipolygraph . org

I just took a poly today for my current job and failed even though I was telling the truth. Be prepared, its ridiculous.
                            Last edited by Mack_Pimp; 07-26-2013, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Passed the polygraph. Going for the med/psych in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Passed the polygraph. Going for the med/psych in a couple of weeks.
                                I have the poly soon as well. How was it? Long?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7993 users online. 365 members and 7628 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X