300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nhproud17 View Post
    Anyone from out of state been contacted? I feel like because they do home visits they are less likely to contact someone out of state, or they might just have the local pd do the home visit.
    I live in Sacramento and my BI called my wife at home. Asked her a lot of questions, many of them personal and family related. That was the last contact from my BI, then I get an email from my BI a month later stating I completed the hiring process and placed on the Eligibility List.

"Regarding about being hired for the Q2 position I can tell you that you are on the eligibile list, however, "Placement on the eligible list does not guarantee nor imply that you will be offered employment.* The City and County of San Francisco reserves the right to hire only the most suitably qualified candidates for this extremely important position."

Still waiting for the phone call. :-\
    Last edited by DeeNag; 07-15-2013, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• E129-01 here, rank in the 50s.

Haven't heard anything from backgrounds. Surprised some of you were triaged already. Are any of you military, female, or minorities? I'm curious to know what the deciding factors are.

Comment

• I Dont thinkThe Deciding Factors You Mention Play Much Of A Part Other Than Being In The Military. Sure Speaking Another language Will Help A Lot But I Dont Think Your Race Is A Deciding Factor. From Experience, I Think The Biggest Factor Is The Interview And Obviously Having A Clean Background Helps. But They Wanna See That You Have The Qualities And The Characteristics Of A Leader, You Have To Have Comman Presence And Be Ethical Just To Name A Few Qualities. This Is Why The Interview Is So Important.
        Originally posted by baby-hippo View Post
        E129-01 here, rank in the 50s.

Haven't heard anything from backgrounds. Surprised some of you were triaged already. Are any of you military, female, or minorities? I'm curious to know what the deciding factors are.

Comment

• Sorry For The Misspelled Words And The Upper Case Letters, Im Writting FromMy Phone And Its Acting WeIrd

Comment

• Hello all,
            I'm new to this forum and hoping some of you can share some insight on a few questions:

I went through the hiring process for the E128-4 list. After completing the medical exam in Sept 2012, I received a letter in October from SF General requesting I take an additional pulmonary exam (due to a breathing variation detected). I completed the additional tests with my primary doctor, who cleared me, and I mailed the test results to my assigned SF General doctor. I then left a voice mail to my BI to let her know I completed this, per her request. Afterwards, I never heard from her or received any letters. Left a follow up voice mail in November but she never responded. Did the waiting period for my medical results take too long for me to be considered for hire?

I went ahead and applied for the E129-1 list. I completed the PAT, ORAL and mailed the background packet in May. Now waiting on the call for Triage or from a BI. Since I went through a majority of the hiring process for E128-4, will they make me repeat all of the background investigation steps again? For example, mailing letters to my references, calling my girlfriend, polygraph, psych and etc? Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicacop View Post
              I Dont thinkThe Deciding Factors You Mention Play Much Of A Part Other Than Being In The Military. Sure Speaking Another language Will Help A Lot But I Dont Think Your Race Is A Deciding Factor. From Experience, I Think The Biggest Factor Is The Interview And Obviously Having A Clean Background Helps. But They Wanna See That You Have The Qualities And The Characteristics Of A Leader, You Have To Have Comman Presence And Be Ethical Just To Name A Few Qualities. This Is Why The Interview Is So Important.
              Just my two cents; I dont think they care about military. I was military, and have a Masters degree and have yet to receive the call. However, I'm applying from out of state, so perhaps that is affecting me in some way.

Background's methods for selecting people is a great mystery; best of luck!

Comment

• I agree with Mack_Pimp. I don't know how they are doing it. I feel they might be doing it at random or order of the applicants received. Because my background is clean, bachelors degree, great GPA, prior work experience, great oral board, but my rank was low. I feel like out of state candidates might be at a disadvantage because they can't really do home visits, etc. I wish people who have got the call from their BI could inform us a little more of their rank/oral board/physical/background(when they sent it in, how clean it is, etc) just so all of us aren't sweating bullets worrying why we haven't been called and we can put the pieces together

Comment

I agree with Mack_Pimp. I don't know how they are doing it. I feel they might be doing it at random or order of the applicants received. Because my background is clean, bachelors degree, great GPA, prior work experience, great oral board, but my rank was low. I feel like out of state candidates might be at a disadvantage because they can't really do home visits, etc. I wish people who have got the call from their BI could inform us a little more of their rank/oral board/physical/background(when they sent it in, how clean it is, etc) just so all of us aren't sweating bullets worrying why we haven't been called and we can put the pieces together
                  I think we will never figure it out and sweating bullets is inevitably part of the game. And that goes for all (large) police departments. But...doesn't mean we have to stop filling each other in on one another progress to help ease the curiosity.

Comment

I agree with Mack_Pimp. I don't know how they are doing it. I feel they might be doing it at random or order of the applicants received. Because my background is clean, bachelors degree, great GPA, prior work experience, great oral board, but my rank was low. I feel like out of state candidates might be at a disadvantage because they can't really do home visits, etc. I wish people who have got the call from their BI could inform us a little more of their rank/oral board/physical/background(when they sent it in, how clean it is, etc) just so all of us aren't sweating bullets worrying why we haven't been called and we can put the pieces together
                    Here's my story for what its worth:
                    I didn't think I did so well at the Oral Interview. I left there thinking of better answers I could've given. But I guess I did well enough to pass it and the PAT & they both were P or F. My PHS was pretty boring==nothing to report or explain==I sent it in right away after filling it out. I'm 100 on the 129 list as far as rank goes ==along with lots of others who have that rank. I have a BA in Business with a good GPA, have work experience with good references. I had triage last week & meeting with my BI this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by diggsit View Post
                      Here's my story for what its worth:
                      I didn't think I did so well at the Oral Interview. I left there thinking of better answers I could've given. But I guess I did well enough to pass it and the PAT & they both were P or F. My PHS was pretty boring==nothing to report or explain==I sent it in right away after filling it out. I'm 100 on the 129 list as far as rank goes ==along with lots of others who have that rank. I have a BA in Business with a good GPA, have work experience with good references. I had triage last week & meeting with my BI this week.
                      I also had triage last week. How soon does your Bi contact you after triage?

Comment

• @diggsit thank you! From what it seems it might be completely random. Do you know when you sent in your background packet and when the last date was to send it in. I was in the last background packet section, was due by June 10th
                        Last edited by nhproud17; 07-16-2013, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SRBL09 View Post
                          I also had triage last week. How soon does your Bi contact you after triage?
                          He called the day after.

Comment

@diggsit thank you! From what it seems it might be completely random. Do you know when you sent in your background packet and when the last date was to send it in. I was in the last background packet section, was due by June 10th
                            Can't recall what the deadline was but I completed that weekend after the PAT & sent it in Monday.

Comment

@diggsit thank you! From what it seems it might be completely random. Do you know when you sent in your background packet and when the last date was to send it in. I was in the last background packet section, was due by June 10th
                              I was part of the last wave as well, with the due by 10 June date; might be affecting where we stand on the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mack_Pimp View Post
                                I was part of the last wave as well, with the due by 10 June date; might be affecting where we stand on the list.
                                So when exactly did you do your PAT?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10180 users online. 502 members and 9678 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X