• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John5689 View Post
    Rank #?
    rank is 100

Comment

• Originally posted by diggsit View Post
      rank is 100
      And you're on list E129-01? Are you sure you're not on list E128-04? Are you on both lists by any chance? When you say rank do you mean your actual rank or do you mean your approximate position on the list (counting people ahead of you?).

I thought SFPD went by order of rank in calling people for Background Investigations. Or do they cherry pick people based on languages or other abilities? In any case I would be surprised if you were rank 100 on E129 and getting called so quickly. I am ranked in the low 20s on E129 and haven't been called yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Civilian View Post
        And you're on list E129-01? Are you sure you're not on list E128-04? Are you on both lists by any chance? When you say rank do you mean your actual rank or do you mean your approximate position on the list (counting people ahead of you?).

I thought SFPD went by order of rank in calling people for Background Investigations. Or do they cherry pick people based on languages or other abilities? In any case I would be surprised if you were rank 100 on E129 and getting called so quickly. I am ranked in the low 20s on E129 and haven't been called yet.
        I'm only on 1 list- E129-01. Rank is 100 along with numerous others who share the same rank. I'm not familiar with the process or how we're selected, sorry.

Comment

• Remember That Your Rank Does Not Include Your Interview Score And Does Not Take Into Consideration The Info On Your Background Packet. From What I Know, Its Solely Based On Your Tscore And Physical Agility Score.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicacop View Post
            Remember That Your Rank Does Not Include Your Interview Score And Does Not Take Into Consideration The Info On Your Background Packet. From What I Know, Its Solely Based On Your Tscore And Physical Agility Score.
            I thought that rank consisted solely of the t-score and vet points, and that the oral board and physical were pass/fail.

I would think if they were going to use other components of the test process to rank people, then they would come up with a list that reflected that and not just the t-score. Does the eligibility list ranking not matter that much then?

Comment

• I Stand Corrected, The Physical Ability Test Score has No bearing On Your Rank.

Comment

• What about the oral? What role does that play?

Comment

• In an e-mail they said that they will not go in order of ran. They do not change your rank on the e-list but your oral interview and background packet do impact when you will be called.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicacop View Post
                    So For You Guys Who Are Being Called For The Triage, What Is Your Ranking?
                    Originally posted by diggsit View Post
                    I'm only on 1 list- E129-01. Rank is 100 along with numerous others who share the same rank. I'm not familiar with the process or how we're selected, sorry.
                    Right on! Congrats on the early backgrounds call. And it's nice to hear they are going on other things besides tscore. Makes sense!

Comment

• What I don't get then is what's the point of the eligibility list?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Civilian View Post
                        What I don't get then is what's the point of the eligibility list?
                        Yeah...I'm not certain why they do it that way. At first when they said it was solely on ranking I thought that was bizarre. Maybe they like to have a general idea of testing and what not then plug in the other stuff? We don't get the luxury of understanding or having say in how it's done. They're the experts, the bosses, we just gotta go with the flow.

I just know that last email said written, oral, background and PAT will be considered. Which makes better sense.

Comment

• I think the 128-04 was based on the eligibility list so that might be why they still use it. I'm guessing people who have already been contacted will be pushed through to the september academy and hopefully the rest will be contacted after they establish the new academy class. Anyone from out of state been contacted? I feel like because they do home visits they are less likely to contact someone out of state, or they might just have the local pd do the home visit.

Comment

• From my understanding, they go through the background packets in the order it was received. A friend of mine in SFPD clearly stressed not to hang onto my background forms until the deadline but send it in as soon as I could.

Comment

• Originally posted by pat77 View Post
                              From my understanding, they go through the background packets in the order it was received. A friend of mine in SFPD clearly stressed not to hang onto my background forms until the deadline but send it in as soon as I could.
                              That actually makes sense somewhat, but it seems like a super random way to hire. After I went to the PAT I noticed my envelope with the forms they gave my group said Wave 8 on a sticker on the front.

Comment

• Good to hear they're not going based solely on rank.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4628 users online. 177 members and 4451 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X