300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by K8Mundo View Post
    I feel ya... I was encouraged by the oral board consideration. I feel I did well. Pray that will help boost me.

How did you feel you did on the oral boards?
    Did you receive your background packet? I'm told it's supposed to be mailed to us. If you have received it, how long did you wait to receive it?

I thought my interview went well too. I had a male and female officer dressed in plain clothes. They seemed nice but were straight to the point. They weren't forthcoming with any feedback though.

Comment

• Originally posted by pat77 View Post
      Did you receive your background packet? I'm told it's supposed to be mailed to us. If you have received it, how long did you wait to receive it?

I thought my interview went well too. I had a male and female officer dressed in plain clothes. They seemed nice but were straight to the point. They weren't forthcoming with any feedback though.
      When our group took the physical test they handed us an empty 9x11 envelope and two sheets of instructions on where to go online to print/fill out the PHQ and either pre-background or background packet. I can't remember what they called it. It was to be completed and mailed in at the end of May. It was to include a lot of diff documents. Even had to get something notarized.

You didn't do this? Did you sit in a room with a bunch of people after passing the PAT & listen to background officers explain the process?
      Last edited by K8Mundo; 06-20-2013, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabko View Post
        Congrats!! I did not apply to Oakland but should have. I'm coming from out of state, Wisconsin. Moving to the Bay Area next week actually for other work.
        Thanks! They called me within 3 days of telling me I passed their oral. I'm impressed. They had 14 armed robberies last night. Intense...

Comment

• Originally posted by dabko View Post
          Congrats!! I did not apply to Oakland but should have. I'm coming from out of state, Wisconsin. Moving to the Bay Area next week actually for other work.
          What are you doing for work? I am trying to find some temp job so I can move out to the Bay Area and don't have to keep flying back out for the SFPD process.

Comment

• Oh and FYI for anyone on the 128-04 list, I am guessing why you haven't got the "call" yet is because you only get the "call" about two weeks before the academy (what I learned from this forum) and I am guessing they do not have enough for a full class yet from the 128-04 list so they are waiting to get some candidates from the 129-01 list to make a full academy and probably won't be until September/October. This again is just a guess and estimate as to why you have not got the "call" yet.

Comment

• Oakland is hiring again...if you're interested

Opdjobs.com
              Last edited by K8Mundo; 06-21-2013, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhproud17 View Post
                Oh and FYI for anyone on the 128-04 list, I am guessing why you haven't got the "call" yet is because you only get the "call" about two weeks before the academy (what I learned from this forum) and I am guessing they do not have enough for a full class yet from the 128-04 list so they are waiting to get some candidates from the 129-01 list to make a full academy and probably won't be until September/October. This again is just a guess and estimate as to why you have not got the "call" yet.
                I really hope that's the case. I have a friend who is also with me on the E128-04 List and we both completed and passed everything; me in December and her in January. She got the call for this last academy class, May. I'm still waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhproud17 View Post
                  What are you doing for work? I am trying to find some temp job so I can move out to the Bay Area and don't have to keep flying back out for the SFPD process.
                  I work in the health care field. Will be working in optical surgery when I move out to the Bay Area. San Jose is hiring for anyone interested. NHproud17, what do you do for work?

Comment

• I am doing part time work now before I get employed as an officer. But I've been trying to find a place to apply to in the Bay Area so I can move out there. And did everyone else get Jen Lo's email? 1688 candidates left. I'm prob ranked on the very low end of that for the written score. Hoping my oral board bumps me up or they try to find candidates throughout the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by K8Mundo View Post
                      When our group took the physical test they handed us an empty 9x11 envelope and two sheets of instructions on where to go online to print/fill out the PHQ and either pre-background or background packet. I can't remember what they called it. It was to be completed and mailed in at the end of May. It was to include a lot of diff documents. Even had to get something notarized.

You didn't do this? Did you sit in a room with a bunch of people after passing the PAT & listen to background officers explain the process?
                      No I didn't go to a room but left straight after PAT. Rectified the problem though. Got Jen Lo's email too. From the eligibility list, I counted 300 women. I wonder how many are left in the 1688 going to backgrounds? Still, we're only half way there....patience is a virtue

Comment

• When is the next academy and roughly how many recruits are in it?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeeNag View Post
                          When is the next academy and roughly how many recruits are in it?
                          Officially Jen Lo has said they hoped to have 150 recruits over the next year. Most candidates have speculated October to be the next academy date, with approximately 50 recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by baby-hippo View Post
                            Officially Jen Lo has said they hoped to have 150 recruits over the next year. Most candidates have speculated October to be the next academy date, with approximately 50 recruits.
                            Thanks, I recently received my acceptance letter from California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation and looking to start their academy on August 26 as a Correction Officer. I was really hoping to get on with SFPD but if their next academy is not until October and I don't get the phone call anytime soon, looks like I'll be suiting up in an OD green jumpsuit instead.
                            (I've completed the process for SFPD in Dec. 2012 and currently on the Eligibility List for E128-04.)

Comment

• The E129-01 list should be hearing from backgrounds this month. If anyone hears from them keep us posted. Fingers crossed. Good luck everyone!

Comment

• Truth be told, the Background Unit is still working on E128-04 and will not likely start on E129-01 before the fall. That basically means that it is highly unlikely anyone from E129-01 will be attending an academy this calender year.

Please understand that the Background Unit is very swamped and extremely understaffed (mostly retired SFPD hired on to work part time)...

E129-01 folks: Don't be discouraged if you don't hear anything within the next couple of months. Use this time to gather any documents you need and begin to correct medical issues that are correctable, like large beer guts and any allergies to push ups...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4397 users online. 205 members and 4192 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X