300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nhproud17 View Post
    What has your timeline been for this process, from written exam to your current status with the SFPD. Just want to get a feel for how much longer the process might be.
    I took the written in 2011 and had my poly may 2013. There was about 1500 candidates from E128 that made it to backgrounds from what an email had stated from Jen Lo back in 2012. E128 does expire in Feb. but they are trying to get through all of E128 before the deadline. Hope that helps. Good luck to all.

Comment

• To those in E128-04, did you take a medical test already? If so, what was that like?

Comment

• Originally posted by baby-hippo View Post
        To those in E128-04, did you take a medical test already? If so, what was that like?
        Took mines at SF General. Pretty much went in and they performed vision, hearing, ekg, lung, and blood. They also review your medical history with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phoenix1061 View Post
          I took the written in 2011 and had my poly may 2013. There was about 1500 candidates from E128 that made it to backgrounds from what an email had stated from Jen Lo back in 2012. E128 does expire in Feb. but they are trying to get through all of E128 before the deadline. Hope that helps. Good luck to all.
          I hope you get the call soon! Do you know how they selected people to take the polygraph/psych/medical? Why people from the E128-04 list got to go forward with a step before you? Do they do it by exam score?

Comment

• when did you do your medical? I did mine and they needed more info from my personal doc and got that taken care of but haven't heard anything yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toph View Post
              E128-04 here, completed entire process earlier this year. Still waiting the THE call. Anyone else?
              I got done w/ the medical and waiting for the next step...

Comment

• My BI had mentioned they did go out of order of the ranking scores for the E128 list. They were/are very limited on how many BI are working on all the packets and were overwhelmed and things just got out of order. At one point my hair sample from the drug test went missing too so they needed me to come in and do it again but found it when I got there.

Comment

• I was told by Jen Lo that they won't go just on ranking/written score. She said they will take our oral board performance and PHQ and background packet all into consideration when they decide who to do backgrounds on.

I sure hope that's true.

Comment

• Originally posted by K8Mundo View Post
                    I was told by Jen Lo that they won't go just on ranking/written score. She said they will take our oral board performance and PHQ and background packet all into consideration when they decide who to do backgrounds on.

I sure hope that's true.

For all the 129-01'ers here is the copied text from Jen Lo's email to me:

>" The earliest the Backgrounds Unit will contact you is in July. They will take your written, oral, PHQ and backgrounds packet into consideration. Not all candidates will be processed for a backgrounds investigation."

Comment

• The first part of that email is very encouraging because my written score was not that good. I was thinking it might be a year or so before I get to partake in anymore of the process. But the last part of that email from her is a little discouraging... I just wish we knew how many candidates were left

Comment

The first part of that email is very encouraging because my written score was not that good. I was thinking it might be a year or so before I get to partake in anymore of the process. But the last part of that email from her is a little discouraging... I just wish we knew how many candidates were left

I feel ya... I was encouraged by the oral board consideration. I feel I did well. Pray that will help boost me.

How did you feel you did on the oral boards?

Comment

• E128-04 here. Completed the whole process in February. Staying positive and waiting patiently.

Comment

I feel ya... I was encouraged by the oral board consideration. I feel I did well. Pray that will help boost me.

How did you feel you did on the oral boards?
                            Ya I think I did really well on the oral board, the guy said that he liked my answers to couple of them. So that was good to hear. I hope the background packet will help boost me too. It's pretty clean besides stupid things I did in high school, and it shows my experience. Now we just have to sit and patiently wait haha

Comment

Ya I think I did really well on the oral board, the guy said that he liked my answers to couple of them. So that was good to hear. I hope the background packet will help boost me too. It's pretty clean besides stupid things I did in high school, and it shows my experience. Now we just have to sit and patiently wait haha
                              Right on... Nice. I got a call today to begin my backgrounds with Oakland. Hope it's an omen...

Comment

Right on... Nice. I got a call today to begin my backgrounds with Oakland. Hope it's an omen...
                                Congrats!! I did not apply to Oakland but should have. I'm coming from out of state, Wisconsin. Moving to the Bay Area next week actually for other work.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7104 users online. 362 members and 6742 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X