Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds better than the 300 slots that I was told. I seen a few individuals that failed the PAT and I've was in touch with a couple who even failed the oral.

Comment

Ok sounds good....thanks

Comment

Mario, how long after the oral did it take for those people to get their results?

Comment

2 weeks after the physical I believe, via email. Its a P/NP result.

Comment

caideN-When did you take your physical agility?

Comment

I took it today.

Comment

I hear ya. Me too. I've got a feeling we were in the same group

Comment

Hi all.. I'm new to this forum, SFPD hopeful, and have been trying to get into law enforcement for quite a while. Have been on lists, but mostly prior to all the hiring freezes. The process can be grueling, but hopefully it will pay off.

I tested with sf and passed with a not so good score, I have done a lot better in the past. Had oral and PAT early Feb. Oral was interesting to say the least. I expected an actual interview, but I had two people...one uniformed officer that stared out the window the whole time and wouldn't look me in the eye. When I put my hand out there for a man to man handshake, his was limp and loose. He either had zero interest or he just played it that way. Only thing I can think is...he was stuck there. I understand they see a ton of applicants and it must get old. The other guy, he was older and I'm not sure exactly what his position was. He was in a suit and very friendly. I'm hoping that somewhere in the process there will be an actual oral board or at least a more in depth interview. PAT was easy and I'm not in the greatest shape. It had been a while since I had done one. I passed. Mailed out my background packet not long ago and now, I hurry up and wait just like everyone else.

If this is your first experience going through the applicant process, get used to "hurry up and wait".
                  Last edited by deadballcobb; 02-25-2012, 12:23 AM.

Comment

It's SF and it's huge. What you experienced is just reality of the department. There's great guys/gals and some not so great guys/gals. It's typical in large departments. Luckily, I had 2 nice interviewer who were really drawn into my stories. I talk with my hand a lot haha. Idk if what I said was good enough but they seem to have enjoyed it.

All in all, I think if they really want you, you'll be contacted asap. They're the buyers and they can pick the best product. If they like it, they'll go for it and get it asap. But with over 2,000 applicants, fast would be 3 months IMO.

Comment

caideN - I totally understand. SF is a huge department and has great and the not so great of course. You told stories? As in a made up situations per the scenario questions given? If so, good idea. I answered them with very specific, straight and to the point answers. That's my personality. Once we were all put into separate rooms, most of us were out within 10 minutes and looking at each other with that, "what the hell was that?" look. I'm guessing we were all expecting an actual interview. I think the whole idea behind how it was done, was just to see if we have common sense. Sadly, a lot of people do not. I have had other orals and this was the first one like this. The last one I had was a few months ago down on the central coast. It was 2 officers, one suited Lieutenant and one uniformed Sergeant. It lasted about 1 hour and I really enjoyed talking with them.

And yes, if SF really wants us, they will get to us asap. However, passing the written, PAT, and oral really does not mean much if we can't get through the backgrounds. I have found that is truly the one thing that matters most. For me, it's the only thing weighing on my mind. I can't even fathom how they even begin to go through so many. Crazy!

Comment

Haha. No I didn't make up stories... That'll be lying. I just backed up my claims with visuals. I was out in 6 min.

The background investigators said themselves that they "set aside" those packet that are incomplete or did not follow direction. They really just mean they'll toss it in the trash. They don't have time to try to figure everything out for someone who can't do things right. I would not be surprise if 1/4 get tossed out.
                        Last edited by caideN; 02-25-2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by caideN View Post
                          Mario, how long after the oral did it take for those people to get their results?
                          Well, with one guy he was told by the infamous Jen Lo via email a few days after the oral. In the email it stated that the interview panel felt that others did better than him. If you were not told anything after your PAT then I believe that you passed the oral. After the PAT the officer told us who passed the physical that we passed the oral as well. Those who failed the physical were told there to scram. Thats tough but if you couldn't pass that obstacle course then you really are not ready.

Comment

Originally posted by caideN View Post
                            The background investigators said themselves that they "set aside" those packet that are incomplete or did not follow direction. They really just mean they'll toss it in the trash. They don't have time to try to figure everything out for someone who can't do things right. I would not be surprise if 1/4 get tossed out.
                            That was my fear. I tried to submit everything that was on that list because I did not want to give them a reason. I am also a bit weary about the background investigation like anyone would be but I am pretty confident that I will be ok (i hope).

QUESTION!!!!!!!!
                            Before my bout with pneumonia I was hevily into weight training and fitness in general. I stopped taking supplements and working out for 3 months now because of my illness. I started up again with working out but have been reluctant to begin with supplements. My supplements are all GNC bought and nothing I take is "illegal", i.e. steroids. My question to you fine folks is do you think that taking supplements will hinder my medical evaluation in any way? Anyone here know what the medical is all about or what it consists of?

Comment

I don't think supplements will affect your medical. I think medical consist of your vision, hearing, and other general health stuff. I can be wrong...

Comment

Be careful with supplements. "Natural" isn't always good. Ma Huang is a natural weight loss supplement but it is a dangerous substitute for ephedra. Do your research on what you are taking. If you eat well, you shouldn't need supplements.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8406 users online. 307 members and 8099 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X