Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SFPD Testing

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by mario415 View Post
    My BI has not contacted me yet. I submitted my packet on the 10th of this month. I did receive an email shortly thereafter saying that my name has been forwarded to the BI unit. Still keeping my fingers crossed. Its good to have a forum to talk about these things. I met a few good candidates back on the 3rd but did not grab anyone's number to keep updating one another.
    Same here, just patiently waiting on that call.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by medina510 View Post
      Soon after sending the PHQ for background investigator, I did the online phq.

      I did not send a photo id equivalent to a passport picture, real birth certificate or ss#, and I figure that I could give them that info during the background interview.
      I could be wrong but weren't the instructions to do the online phq first, then do the packet info? Think that will make a difference? I have to ask, why didn't you send the packet complete with photo and the copies that they asked? Inquiring minds would want to know.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by mario415 View Post
        I could be wrong but weren't the instructions to do the online phq first, then do the packet info? Think that will make a difference? I have to ask, why didn't you send the packet complete with photo and the copies that they asked? Inquiring minds would want to know.
        That sounds like a great question, however, this is not my first rodeo. I have applied to other police depts., and they ask for the same 25 page, Peace Officer Selection and Stantard Test (POST) packet to be filled. Although, I did not see the specific instructions you are talking about.

        That summarizes that it was completed even before, I was advise to complete the packet.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by mario415 View Post
          I could be wrong but weren't the instructions to do the online phq first, then do the packet info? Think that will make a difference? I have to ask, why didn't you send the packet complete with photo and the copies that they asked? Inquiring minds would want to know.
          Mr. mario415, I notice you mention "inquiring minds question." I did not send it b/c it is sensitive documents. From my understanding of the background investigation, some police agencies during the background interview, one can provide the specific certified documents during this time. I did send copies.

          I am confident that what I turned in is thorough, thoughtful, resourceful, and near complete (consider copies).

          I suspect the background interview to take place far from this time, however, SFPD is very unique b/c its need to fill the number of soon-to-be retiree. Only time could tell.

          **I am going off of assumption, and do not know any b/g investigators. I reason that they will be able to accommodate this.

          Comment


          • #50
            I got a question: "what ever happen to the results for the personality questionaire?"

            Comment


            • #51
              From what I've gathered up, it looks like the "inventory" test will be one of the heaviest weighted "score." Jennifer Lo's emails keep stressing the fact that candidates will be picked depending on the inventory test because that test shows the best personality fit for the department. SFPD is very different from most agencies. Most agencies would heavily weigh the oral board because they ask personal questions to determine the candidates fit to the department. SFPD does not ask any during the oral. I tried to introduce myself and was stopped. Haha. They try to keep it as neutral as possible. I really don't think there's a actual "score" for the inventory test. Just my assumption.

              Comment


              • #52
                I wonder if right after we took the Inventory, they DQ'ed candidates for not meeting what they were looking for.

                caideN-I was able to introduce myself, but wasn't given a name from the two interviewers. I don't think theres an actual score for the Inventory either, just a overview of what a candidate may be.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by caideN View Post
                  From what I've gathered up, it looks like the "inventory" test will be one of the heaviest weighted "score." Jennifer Lo's emails keep stressing the fact that candidates will be picked depending on the inventory test because that test shows the best personality fit for the department. SFPD is very different from most agencies. Most agencies would heavily weigh the oral board because they ask personal questions to determine the candidates fit to the department. SFPD does not ask any during the oral. I tried to introduce myself and was stopped. Haha. They try to keep it as neutral as possible. I really don't think there's a actual "score" for the inventory test. Just my assumption.
                  I'm not completely sure about this, but I read somewhere that the results of the inventory test does not matter anymore and they randomly selected candidates from the eligible list to move onto the next steps in the hiring process. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by medina510 View Post
                    That sounds like a great question, however, this is not my first rodeo. I have applied to other police depts., and they ask for the same 25 page, Peace Officer Selection and Stantard Test (POST) packet to be filled. Although, I did not see the specific instructions you are talking about.
                    The instructions were in bold letters on the single sheet that was in the manila envelope. It says "THIS PORTION OF THE PROCESS IS MANDATORY AND MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO THE SUBMISSION OF THE BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS FORMS PACKET." Probably doesn't matter much.
                    I misread your original post. I understood it as you did not send them copies of your B/C & S.S. I too was a little weary about sending so much info but we'll see. I would hate to find out there there is another Mario415 in Albuquerque, New Mexico living the fab life.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Anybody know whats a good time for the obstacle course?? My friend said he did it in 35 seconds.
                      I have it this Friday, should be fun.
                      CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
                      NOR passed 1/25/11
                      Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
                      Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
                      PFT1 12/15/11
                      VBT/SI 1/26/12
                      VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
                      LASIK surgery 1/31/12
                      Met BI investigator 3/13/12
                      Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
                      Drug test 7/18/12

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        The PAT only consist of an obstacle course??

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by SFdude View Post
                          Anybody know whats a good time for the obstacle course?? My friend said he did it in 35 seconds.
                          I have it this Friday, should be fun.
                          Mine was done in 32.something seconds. That was ok considering that I had pneumonia that for one month and I was severely weak that day. I never had pneumonia and it couldn't have came at a worse time. Looking back it was quite funny. After the small obstacle course I looked like I had just ran a 10k marathon. Then We were tested on the trigger pull. I swear that tiny pistol felt like a Gatling Gun when I held it up. I felt like collapsing right after and was coughing for weeks after. Pneumonia sucks.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by caideN View Post
                            The PAT only consist of an obstacle course??
                            There's a trigger pull right after the obstacle course. If you fail to do the obstacle course within a certain time, you have to do additional events.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Anyone know how many PPL SFPD is looking to hire?

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                According to a background investigator 1 out of 4 people among the 2500 applicants will be hired in the next 1-3 years. He noted over 500 veterans are looking to retire. I would think 1 out of 4 sounds right because I'm sure over few hundred applicants have already withdrawn or failed a part of the testing process.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10925 users online. 478 members and 10447 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X