Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok cool me too. I guess we are classmates now! See you in orientation.

Comment

• @dc415 sorry to here you didn't pass. Why didn't you pass? I am going in two weeks. Was it hard?

Comment

• hey quick question, for those filling out the background packet, is it only the POST PHS (from the post website) that we need to send in our packet? the one page document we got was so general and only says "mail your completed background packet..." I just want to make sure I don't miss any documents etc. I've already done the online PHQ.

All I got was the one page document with the instructions and one pink page about the PHQ. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
        Last edited by supramkiii; 05-12-2013, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by supramkiii View Post
          hey quick question, for those filling out the background packet, is it only the POST PHS (from the post website) that we need to send in our packet? the one page document we got was so general and only says "mail your completed background packet..." I just want to make sure I don't miss any documents etc. I've already done the online PHQ.

All I got was the one page document with the instructions and one pink page about the PHQ. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
          Hey supra...there was three files to download: PHS (Word doc 27 pages long), SFPD Informational Packet (PDF file 6 pages long) and Background Packet (PDF file 21 pages long). Look through the Background Packet PDF, the first two pages list what needs to be sent in your completed background packet. Hope this helps you out.

Comment

• Originally posted by joef415 View Post
            Hey supra...there was three files to download: PHS (Word doc 27 pages long), SFPD Informational Packet (PDF file 6 pages long) and Background Packet (PDF file 21 pages long). Look through the Background Packet PDF, the first two pages list what needs to be sent in your completed background packet. Hope this helps you out.

wow, joef415 thanks! I had no idea this was needed. I went through this process in 2011 (128-4) and I remember having to fill out alot more stuff but wasn't sure. Thanks for the reminder, I just did a google search and found all the files and list. You're a life saver - thanks!!! I must be missing a page or two from the packet they gave us in the meeting room.

Comment

• I too failed the PAT. I was 8 seconds over on the "work sample" obstacle course. I think the dummy drag is what did me in.

Maybe I'll try again next year.

And congratulations to those who passed and especially to those who got "the call"!

Comment

• Originally posted by nhproud17 View Post
                @dc415 sorry to here you didn't pass. Why didn't you pass? I am going in two weeks. Was it hard?
                Thanks bro. Honestly, no it wasn't. I don't want to make any excuses of why I failed but if I had to give a reason... probably because I wasn't mentally prepared. I know if I had some practice on the course I would def pass it, but yeah that's not what it's about.

It just proves if I wasn't mentally ready to pass this simple obstacle course, my chances of passing the orals are slim. Will give it another shot when I have the opportunity.

Anyways, good luck!

Comment

• An up date for those in December 11 2012 triage. BI contacted me through email today and I have a meeting with him this Sunday for the initial interview. Does anyone know what this meeting will consist of?

Comment

• Congrats to those who received their call! Is may 28th a definite date for the academy? If we haven't received the call by today, since it is 2 weeks out, does that mean we weren't selected?

Comment

• Hey guys, just a quick question.

If one does not pass the Oral interview, does he/she have to wait until the department hires again to repeat the process? i.e. test, physical, oral...etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by dc415 View Post
                        Hey guys, just a quick question.

If one does not pass the Oral interview, does he/she have to wait until the department hires again to repeat the process? i.e. test, physical, oral...etc.
                        Yes, you will have to wait until they open the position back up online to re-apply and repeat the steps. They may however have a minimum period of time that you must wait prior to re-applying though

Comment

• congratulations to everyone who got the call... i did triage back in DEC of 2012 and still no word form a BI...i have all but given up on SFPD..i just wish i knew why i never got an email or call after triage

Comment

• Yes, you will have to wait until they open the position back up online to re-apply and repeat the steps. They may however have a minimum period of time that you must wait prior to re-applying though
                            Follow up Q: I'm currently doing the process for experience. I'm not fit, but am doing the PAT to see what it's like and what I need to work on for when I seriously want to apply. Does this mean that they won't keep our written exam score and we have to take it again? Also, how often do they open apps?

Comment

• Originally posted by champwhteek View Post
                              congratulations to everyone who got the call... i did triage back in DEC of 2012 and still no word form a BI...i have all but given up on SFPD..i just wish i knew why i never got an email or call after triage
                              Don't be surprised if you get a call this week to set up your 1 on 1. I got the call right before the Feb. academy was getting started.

Comment

• Anyone know if the next academy (Sept./Oct.) will still use the 128-04 list? Or will they let it expire and use the new list?
                                Last edited by JoMi; 05-15-2013, 12:31 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7479 users online. 404 members and 7075 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X