300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
    You sound vaguely familiar--I think my desk is right next to yours...
    Nah dude, I don't sit next to you; however if you are in the academy or a recent grad, you most likely would have seen me there a couple of times...

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Civilian View Post
      Also, a few people mentioned that your t-score really won't affect you that much in terms of getting hired because they look at other factors. I'm not sure what to make of this since I thought the written t-score is supposedly "weighted 100%". Obviously a good placing on the list doesn't matter if you lie about a conviction or have a terrible work history/awful credit or other issues that come up during background, but do they start looking at people first who are lower on the list and then keep moving up in people when they eliminate those who are not suitable due to the aforementioned reasons? I have also heard about an integrity inventory. Does SFPD still use something like this and is it pass/fail or is it something scored? A lot of good information on this board. Thanks everyone.
      When talking about T-Scores, there are factors to consider. If English is the only language you speak and you completely suck on the written, then you won't go far; however if you speak let's say Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Russian, Italian, and or Spanish fluently, then there will most likely be some considerations made. Officers with language skills are in high demand.

Background is easy. If you lie about anything, you're done! Don't need Brady issues PERIOD!!!
      Last edited by Chrissy75; 04-09-2013, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• I'm also in the top 100, or in the top 50 not counting laterals -- the ones with 1000 points or more. So it looks like I'm in pretty good shape.

Oh, and I speak Spanish and Russian.

PAT coming up on May 11. For the trigger pull test, do they use an actual weapon, a replica one, or some other kind of device? I don't suppose it matters much from a finger-strength standpoint, but I have a friend who's a shooting instructor and is willing to take me to Jackson Arms to practice, just in case.
        Last edited by pch1013; 04-09-2013, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by baby-hippo View Post
          So the ranking is divided among the 3,228. That means there approximately 20 people included on each rank level. So a rank of 50 would mean you are in approximately the top 1,000 applicants right now. A rank of 100 means approximately you are in approximately the top 2,000 applicants.
          I've examined the list and there isn't an equal number of people in each ranking; some have much more than 20, and some only have one or two.

Someone whose ranking is 50 is in the top 300, and a rank of 100 means you're in the top 1350.

Comment

• Originally posted by pch1013 View Post
            I've examined the list and there isn't an equal number of people in each ranking; some have much more than 20, and some only have one or two.

Someone whose ranking is 50 is in the top 300, and a rank of 100 means you're in the top 1350.
            You're correct- I posted that before the list was up, which is why I used the word "approximately."

Comment

• Anyone have a link to the list? I can't find it with their instructions.

Comment

• Originally posted by John5689 View Post
                Anyone have a link to the list? I can't find it with their instructions.
                The forum won't let me post links yet, so use this information and make the obvious substitutions (delete all spaces).

sfdhr dot org slash Modules slash ShowDocument.aspx question-mark documentID=17282

The "Inspection End" date is today, April 10; I'm not sure what that means though.

Comment

• @ pch. Today at 1700 is the deadline for vets to submit paperwork for preference points if they are submitting a written test score that was not taken with SFPD. They may take today's list down with that deadline and then re-post an updated list. This is my guess.

Comment

• The 'old' list is still up, but I just got a notification email that my rank has gone up 2, due to veterans claiming points. I guess I can live with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by pch1013 View Post
                      The 'old' list is still up, but I just got a notification email that my rank has gone up 2, due to veterans claiming points. I guess I can live with that.

My rank also increased by two. There isn't actually a new list posted yet is there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Civilian View Post
                        My rank also increased by two. There isn't actually a new list posted yet is there?
                        My rank number increased by 2 (as in, if I was 100 I am now now 102. A higher rank number is technically a lower rank.

Comment

• Anyone receive any acceptance letters ? Or have any information on when they should be coming ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikzin415 View Post
                            Anyone receive any acceptance letters ? Or have any information on when they should be coming ?
                            My guess is that calls would go next Thursday or Friday.

I'm wondering if the hiring meeting is this week or early next week? Any one got the inside scoop?

Comment

• That would be awesome. Is that just a guess ? Of do you know for sure ?

Comment

• Just a guess. Academy starts in 3 weeks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7480 users online. 322 members and 7158 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X