300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D_G77 View Post
    Hi. I tested in March. Got my T-score 2 weeks ago and just got my converted score with a Rank#. Can anyone tell me what the rank# means??
    Thanks.
    how did u find out what your rank # was?? I applied two months back but had previously taken my Post with another agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by smithy27 View Post
      how did u find out what your rank # was?? I applied two months back but had previously taken my Post with another agency.
      It was directly emailed out today. I got mine. My rank is between 1-50 (I'm not going to post the exact number for privacy reasons), but I think that from here they eliminate people through the PAT and Oral before assigning BI's, then eliminate again through BI. People who are not eliminated will continue to get ranked higher and higher, and the final top 150 will be invited to the academy. THIS IS ONLY WHAT I INFERRED. THIS IS NOT GUARANTEED TO BE TRUE.

Comment

• nevermind, i just got an email from HR

Comment

• Originally posted by baby-hippo View Post
          It was directly emailed out today. I got mine. My rank is between 1-50 (I'm not going to post the exact number for privacy reasons), but I think that from here they eliminate people through the PAT and Oral before assigning BI's, then eliminate again through BI. People who are not eliminated will continue to get ranked higher and higher, and the final top 150 will be invited to the academy. THIS IS ONLY WHAT I INFERRED. THIS IS NOT GUARANTEED TO BE TRUE.
          thanks for the info..and congrats on your rank!.. i unfortunately wasnt in the top 100 lol

Comment

• Originally posted by baby-hippo View Post
            Thanks for the info. Is this rank# our position for our particular eligibility list? (e.g:129) or it's sub section (-1,-4, etc)?

Comment

• Originally posted by D_G77 View Post
              Thanks for the info. Is this rank# our position for our particular eligibility list? (e.g:129) or it's sub section (-1,-4, etc)?
              No idea. There should be more info when the actual list is posted on April 5th.

Comment

• baby hippo.. u mentioned that the top 150 may be invited to the academy..how did u get that number. it seems to be a little high..usually academies are only up to 50 recruits. I know u said this is just a speculation but your info helps me gauge how far im likely to get in the process.
                Last edited by smithy27; 04-03-2013, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• Scan1.jpg

Hopefully some of you will be getting this notification (obviously names and dates will be different)

BTW, don't get hung up on your rank, your rank means almost nothing...

You could be ranked 38 and never get the call or you could be ranked well above 150 and get a call from your BI congratulating you...

Good luck!!
                  Last edited by Chrissy75; 04-03-2013, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• I'm curious as to how the rank # is assigned because mine seems awfully high considering my T-score was "OK" in my opinion ~58.

Comment

• Hey guys I'm new to the board and also just took my SFPD written in early March. To which I might add I think I did alright, ~58. and apparently made the top 100 for ranking. Which by the email that was sent out this morning, has really no meaning. I would also like to know how the ranking was assigned. Also for those that are in the current testing process, congratulations on making it through and good luck through the rest!

Comment

• ELIGIBLE LIST

-How many candidates are on the eligible list?
                        There are currently 3,228 candidates on the eligible list. This may change as people withdraw and military candidates return.

-What does my rank mean?
                        There are 163 ranks. Candidates with the same final score will have the same rank.
                        So the ranking is divided among the 3,228. That means there approximately 20 people included on each rank level. So a rank of 50 would mean you are in approximately the top 1,000 applicants right now. A rank of 100 means approximately you are in approximately the top 2,000 applicants.

@smithy27, I was just assuming 150 based on the number of recruits they said they had hoped to hire this year.

Comment

• The new eligibility list is up! And the "rank" you were given in your email appears to be completely misleading and unhelpful-I'm guessing they will not be using that measure in the feature. Just find yourself on the list and count how many people are above you. Looking at the list it appears T-scores were more in line with a normal bell curve, last time around there were TONS of high scores and veterans preference claimers which skewed the bell curve (so those those with superior Tscores didn't necessarily make the cut)...what I'm getting at is that if you were 128-4 and reapplied with your old score, CHECK THE LIST! You may have a better shot this time around!

Comment

• D'oh, okay hold off on any celebratory dances...I just reread the last email from HR regarding E-129 and it sounds like this list will have to be amended. They forgot to give a deadline for veterans pref claims from those submitting a T-score so some number of candidates scores may have to be raised. Those Vets who took the test in SF recently were given a deadline and have already had their scores boosted, but there are a few Vets who sent in a score from a diff agency that still need the score bump...no idea how many people fall into this category or when/if they will post an updated 100% accurate list. If you are a non-vet or are a Vet that already had your DD-214 approved you will undoubtedly slide down the list a few spots...by how much who knows... *Sigh* the saga continues...

Comment

• Since there's a few of us newbies to the process here, would anyone who's gone through the Oral care to share their experience? I've heard from a few people that it was very fast (15-20 min) and only 5-7 questions. Is it heavier on scenario or personal questions?

Comment

• @ baby hippo, well at least I made it into the top 2,000. And D G 77, I haven't gone through the oral but from what I know from my Sgt. at work, he says they are pretty quick and only a few questions long. However, the questions refer to possibly specific items. Such as "Why" you want to become a police officer and such. Other than that I really don't know. Perhaps someone who has can shed some light on this?

@RBurgundy Yeah I read that too. Oh well. We shall prevail one way or another. And if we do slide down a little bit it's still all good. There is still a chance.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4401 users online. 206 members and 4195 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X