Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my t-score back (tested early March 13) and it was in the low 70s. I've heard that SFPD weights the T-score 100%. Does that mean that the physical and oral boards are pass/fail? Also for those who are claiming vet preference points does this add the points directly to their t-score such as if someone got a 64 they would really get a 74 on the final t-score if they claimed points? Thanks for any answers in advance.

Comment

• Last year the oral and agility tests were pass/fail. The T-score is pretty much the only factor for when/if you will be assigned to a background investigator (they may do some very limited cherry picking or passing over based on integrity inventory or relation to the dept but that's just speculation and rumor). Once you get assigned a background investigator more factors come into play and you're evaluated in a more holistic way. And I do believe veterans get points added directly onto their test score but I'm not sure how many points the bump is. Low 70's is a VERY high score, you should wait to see the eligibility list to see where you stand but you have a really good shot at moving forward. People with scores lower than yours were hired last year so you should feel good.

Comment

• Originally posted by RBurgundy View Post
        Last year the oral and agility tests were pass/fail. The T-score is pretty much the only factor for when/if you will be assigned to a background investigator (they may do some very limited cherry picking or passing over based on integrity inventory or relation to the dept but that's just speculation and rumor). Once you get assigned a background investigator more factors come into play and you're evaluated in a more holistic way. And I do believe veterans get points added directly onto their test score but I'm not sure how many points the bump is. Low 70's is a VERY high score, you should wait to see the eligibility list to see where you stand but you have a really good shot at moving forward. People with scores lower than yours were hired last year so you should feel good.
        Are you finished with all portions of Backgrounds?

Comment

• Yeah. I'm 128-4 and I've finished everything and been approved by the hiring board. Just waiting with my fingers crossed and hoping for the call for the May academy.

Comment

• Any idea when the eligibility meeting will be.

Comment

• The last one was like 2.5 or 3 weeks before the academy. If your file is presented your background investigator will call you and tell you about the results. They don't tell you the specific grade or rank or comments made about you, they simply say if you were approved or not. Even if this academy fills up you can be "approved" and you'll have a shot at the next academy a few months down the line. The lame thing is they wait until 2 weeks before the academy to inform applicants that their officially "in" the academy so this whole process remains rather mysterious and stressful. Not sure if the eligibility board makes the specific academy picks or if they pass it on to a smaller hiring board who make quick selections or if they just go down some sort of list of those approved, that part is unclear to me. If the next academy really is May 14 (and that's just a date someone else on this message board said-I have no personal knowledge of the specific date) then I would expect phone calls will be going out the last week of April give or take a few days. Hopefully people will post in this forum if they're invited to the academy so the rest of us dreamers can lower or raise our expectations accordingly. In the mean time I'm watching this forum like a hawk...

Comment

• May 14 is the date listed on the SFPD POST site and its been pretty accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by RBurgundy View Post
                  The last one was like 2.5 or 3 weeks before the academy. If your file is presented your background investigator will call you and tell you about the results. They don't tell you the specific grade or rank or comments made about you, they simply say if you were approved or not. Even if this academy fills up you can be "approved" and you'll have a shot at the next academy a few months down the line. The lame thing is they wait until 2 weeks before the academy to inform applicants that their officially "in" the academy so this whole process remains rather mysterious and stressful. Not sure if the eligibility board makes the specific academy picks or if they pass it on to a smaller hiring board who make quick selections or if they just go down some sort of list of those approved, that part is unclear to me. If the next academy really is May 14 (and that's just a date someone else on this message board said-I have no personal knowledge of the specific date) then I would expect phone calls will be going out the last week of April give or take a few days. Hopefully people will post in this forum if they're invited to the academy so the rest of us dreamers can lower or raise our expectations accordingly. In the mean time I'm watching this forum like a hawk...
                  How long after you completed everything ( physical, background, etc.) did your background investigator call you and tell you your approved? I just got medically cleared and gave my background investigator the last documents she needed to complete.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikzin415 View Post
                    How long after you completed everything ( physical, background, etc.) did your background investigator call you and tell you your approved? I just got medically cleared and gave my background investigator the last documents she needed to complete.
                    Adding on to your question, what is the timeline like after passing both the PAT and the Oral interview?

Comment

• Its a hit or miss...some investigators will tell you whether you were approved by the eligibility board. Some wont tell you at all until after you call them to find out the results yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by baby-hippo View Post
                        Adding on to your question, what is the timeline like after passing both the PAT and the Oral interview?
                        I went almost 7 months till I was called for Triage after doing the Oral Interview. Its a long process. Looks like you had a very high score on your test. That should speed up your process as long as you don't have any hang ups.

Comment

• @pizkin once you've totally completed the background, poly, med etc it's just a matter of when the eligibility (or hiring?) board meeting is. I'm guessing there should be one coming up in April to accommodate the May academy but you should email your background investigator for more info.

@baby-hippo that's the longest and most excruciating wait. After you complete the oral and turn in your background packet it can be months til you hear something. For me I think it was almost 9 months. For others it's quicker though. Once you get a background investigator assigned to you things speed up.
                          Last edited by RBurgundy; 03-28-2013, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• Its too quiet around here. Anyone know if the hiring board has met yet?

Comment

• It is very quiet. Has anyone been contacted or heard any information from the December 11, 2012 triage?

Comment

• Hi. I tested in March. Got my T-score 2 weeks ago and just got my converted score with a Rank#. Can anyone tell me what the rank# means??
                                Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5270 users online. 211 members and 5059 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X