Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SFPD Testing

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by williampenn View Post
    Just a word to the wise:If you're fortunate enough to make it through to the academy-don't be an idiot and f* it up. When you're off duty don't go around drinking & shooting off guns, getting into fights, & other stupid **** like that. You're not invincible just because you happen to make it in. The Department doesn't need clowns representing, it won't be tolerated. So, think twice before making a move that will jeopardize this career. Ask yourself if its worth getting fired over?
    I've already given up drinking to get in better shape and I'll continue my sobriety until well after probation. My mindset is it's a privilege to join the SFPD, and if they're willing to put in the huge amounts of money to train me through academy at the expense of taxpayers then I owe it to them to take all necessary actions to ensure that my public and private life are absolutely professional.

    Comment


    • Got an email this morning with my T score: 67.1! Apparently that's high enough to be considered "superior." So happy right now!
      Last edited by baby-hippo; 03-21-2013, 11:34 AM.

      Comment


      • Hey guys thank you for all the information. I just finished my backgrounds, psych, and physical. I guess I'm just waiting on a phone call. Did anyone receive any information or an invitation for the June academy?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Pikzin415 View Post
          Hey guys thank you for all the information. I just finished my backgrounds, psych, and physical. I guess I'm just waiting on a phone call. Did anyone receive any information or an invitation for the June academy?
          I believe the academy is scheduled for May 14th. No idea when the hiring board is, but my guess would be in two weeks. Then notifications sent out the last week of April.

          Comment


          • Ok sounds good, thank you for the reply. I just have my fingers crossed and hopefully ill get the call, it will be a dream come true.

            Comment


            • Same here. Good luck to you.

              Comment


              • Good luck to you too!

                Comment


                • Got my score today - anyone know where the cut-off was for previous groups? I "passed" but didn't do as well as I had wished, around 57 t-score.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by John5689 View Post
                    Got my score today - anyone know where the cut-off was for previous groups? I "passed" but didn't do as well as I had wished, around 57 t-score.
                    It's a passing score of above 46, and they give priority to the higher scores above that cutoff. Below 46 are immediately out of the process.

                    Comment


                    • baby hippo, that is awesome! Congratulations! I'm still waiting for my results. When did you take your test? I took mine 03/05 and I'm getting pretty nervous about the results.
                      Last edited by mamol; 03-24-2013, 12:34 AM.

                      Comment


                      • don't get too hung up on your T score-your background and any issues you may have will determine if you make it in or not. 57, 67, or 47 will not play a role once you get in the process.
                        Originally posted by John5689 View Post
                        Got my score today - anyone know where the cut-off was for previous groups? I "passed" but didn't do as well as I had wished, around 57 t-score.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by mamol View Post
                          baby hippo, that is awesome! Congratulations! I'm still waiting for my results. When did you take your test? I took mine 03/05 and I'm getting pretty nervous about the results.

                          2/28, one week ahead of you.

                          Comment


                          • @John5685, the department doesn't publicly share what T-score/eligibility list score is the "cut off" other the minimum required T score of 46 (used to be 42). Most of us have just assuming they are using the "banding" process where they lump people with the highest scores into the A group (aka "band") process them, then move on to the group of folks with the 2nd best scores and process them, then the next, then the next until the list expires. This is how a lot of other depts do it and what most people assume is the process here (but we could be wrong). The only two people I've come across who recently got into the academy and publicly volunteered their scores said they scored 830+ (their converted Tscores on the eligibility list i.e. in the top few hundred applicants). But who the hell knows how this thing really works, all I'm going off of is conjecture from other recruits and trying to read in between the lines of things my background investigator said. If anyone has solid intel please do post.

                            This is one of the most competitive departments in the country and allegedly 7000 people applied this time. When the oral and agility tests are done with you have to believe there will still be a good 3000+ viable applicants to contend with. For anyone dedicated enough to be in this forum I'd highly recommend applying to other jobs as a plan B. This can be a long process, it's been a year and half for me and frankly I wish I hadn't gotten my hopes up so high at the beginning. Still never give up your dream...just hedge your bets

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by RBurgundy View Post
                              ...
                              From what I can tell, 7000 applied, 6000 were invited to the written, 4500 actually showed up to take the written, and 3000 would have a t-score of 46 or higher (a t-score below 46 indicates you are in the lowest third percentile, scoring lower than 66% of the group taking the test).

                              The physical ability test will eliminate a small number of those 3000 applicants remaining, and the oral interview will eliminate a slight bit more.

                              Never give up, trust your instincts, and do a barrel roll.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by RBurgundy View Post
                                ...
                                From what I can tell, 7000 applied, 6000 were invited to the written, 4500 actually showed up to take the written, and 3000 would have a t-score of 46 or higher (a t-score below 46 indicates you are in the lowest third percentile, scoring lower than 66% of the group taking the test).

                                The physical ability test will eliminate a small number of those 3000 applicants remaining, and the oral interview will eliminate a slight bit more.

                                Never give up. Trust your instincts.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8730 users online. 387 members and 8343 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X