Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Although i have completed Triage in DEC i highly doubt ill get the call... sucks to pass everything and still not get a BI call..

Comment

• @champwhteek I am in the same boat. i was also in the Jan 22 triage but according to rburgundy and from what I hear, there are going to have regular academies for the up coming years. The list doesn't expire until Feb 2014, almost a year. They should have 2 more academies in that time. I don't think they would hold a triage if they didn't plan on assigning BI's to some of those applicants. If we stay patient I am confident we will get the call we have been waiting for.

Comment

• Originally posted by jyouwin25 View Post
        @champwhteek I am in the same boat. i was also in the Jan 22 triage but according to rburgundy and from what I hear, there are going to have regular academies for the up coming years. The list doesn't expire until Feb 2014, almost a year. They should have 2 more academies in that time. I don't think they would hold a triage if they didn't plan on assigning BI's to some of those applicants. If we stay patient I am confident we will get the call we have been waiting for.

ive been staying POS but its hard...LOL...also for those of you that take a look at that list on SFDHR.org, that is before the oral board results and physical...saw a few people i knew that failed either the oral or physical and they were on that list so its kind of hard to tell where you stand

Comment

• Originally posted by jyouwin25 View Post
          @champwhteek I am in the same boat. i was also in the Jan 22 triage but according to rburgundy and from what I hear, there are going to have regular academies for the up coming years. The list doesn't expire until Feb 2014, almost a year. They should have 2 more academies in that time. I don't think they would hold a triage if they didn't plan on assigning BI's to some of those applicants. If we stay patient I am confident we will get the call we have been waiting for.

ive been staying POS but its hard...LOL...also for those of you that take a look at that list on SFDHR.org, that is before the oral board results and physical...saw a few people i knew that failed either the oral or physical and they were on that list so its kind of hard to tell where you stand

Comment

• Hello everyone,

I just took my written test on Tuesday and I would like to prepare for physical test. I would really appreciate if someone could explain to me how the arm lift is scored. I'm pretty fit but not very strong. Also is the test same for males and females? Thank you in advance for your reply.

Comment

• If the physical test is the same as last year don't worry, it's not that difficult. If I recall, men and women are scored the same. You don't even have to do the arm pull deally (arm lift? maybe?) if you complete the short obstacle course fast enough. The arm deally was just pulling up on a bar attached to a chain/measuring device. Not sure what psi equaled what score but you're working towards achieving a cumulative score for all the events so you can ultimately be labeled as having "passed" the physical.. oh one exception:the trigger pull event is pass/fail. If you don't complete the obstacle course fast enough and need more points you do all the other events. If you bomb the lift its okay, you can just compensate by doing better at sit ups or the exercise bike. So if you're worried about the arm lifty thingy then work your biceps at the gym-but seriously don't stress about it. I'm small and was kinda out of shape at the time I took it and I still passed easily. It def is harder for women (esp dragging the 140lb doll at the end of the obstacle course) but it is very much doable. Only advice I would give is wear sweat pants or a hoodie and warm up beforehand! You stand around outside/in cold hallways for like an hour before and they do not provide you with time to warm up. It's incredibly stressful waiting for it it but the actually testing is done in a matter of minutes. Again, this is just my experience from doing it last year. They could have potentially changed things so always refer to the materials they provide you. They should send you a description or web link to a description of the specific tests you will take and ways to prepare...although I found the suggested training exercises not really helpful.

*Forgot to mention: you get TWO attempts at the obstacle course. So, yeah, moral of the story is unless you're extremely out of shape you will pass.
              Last edited by RBurgundy; 03-27-2013, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Like above this is the easiest physical i have ever done.... you dont even have to go over a 6ft wall... either way im prior enlisted so not much physical tests are going to be hard but still make sure your in some kind of shape....( this is all based off of if the test is the same for when i took it) good luck none the less

Comment

• Here's a link to the answer some PAT questions: sf-police DOT org/index.aspx?page=1649

Does anyone mind posting their PELLETB scores? I'm curious to know how high I would need my score to be to be in the running for the fall academy.

Comment

• Thank you all for you answers.
                    RBurgundy, I really appreciate yours, you provided me the details I was looking to get. I'm also a female and has never taken any PAT before. I exercise and run a lot so I'm in a good shape but I'm not super strong.
                    Thanks baby-hippo, I saw the link before but it was not as informative as I would like it to be

Comment

• After over a year of testing and trying to move on with the process at SFPD I finally have been given a spot in an academy with another department and withdrew from the process. I highly recommend for anybody else who is serious in pursuing this type of work to try many other departments and only have eyes for a single place to start a career. I wish you all great luck in the process and this thread has given me a lot of great information thank you all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Have1heart View Post
                        After over a year of testing...

Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by baby-hippo View Post
                          Good luck!
                          After more than a year with SFPD alone. I've been POST certified for almost three years. Had my share of interviews and background packets with many other depts. I just wanted to wish everybody good luck and tell everybody to stay open minded and not set their sights specifically for one dept.

Comment

• Originally posted by Have1heart View Post
                            After more than a year with SFPD alone. I've been POST certified for almost three years. Had my share of interviews and background packets with many other depts. I just wanted to wish everybody good luck and tell everybody to stay open minded and not set their sights specifically for one dept.
                            How many departments turned you down?

Comment

• Any new updates? I recently gone through medicals, poly, the written psych, home visit, and reference checks. I have my last hurdle coming up this week, the oral psych. Has anyone heard when the hiring board will meet?

Good luck to everyone still waiting for that next call. Hang in there...

Comment

• Just a word to the wise:If you're fortunate enough to make it through to the academy-don't be an idiot and f* it up. When you're off duty don't go around drinking & shooting off guns, getting into fights, & other stupid **** like that. You're not invincible just because you happen to make it in. The Department doesn't need clowns representing, it won't be tolerated. So, think twice before making a move that will jeopardize this career. Ask yourself if its worth getting fired over?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4378 users online. 174 members and 4204 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X