300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi S.F.P.D. applicants,

I am, also, in the hiring process for Q2 police officer recruit, and this is my first post. I have oral interview at end of Jan, and PAT in beginning of Feb. I am excited in having the chance to continue on with the hiring process. I would like to encourage applicants in the hiring process and to exchange statuses on their journey to the SF academy.

Good luck

Comment

Looking forward to the next steps in the SFPD testing. I'v got my dates end of Feb and first week of March for Oral and Physical. According to some higher-ups, they are looking to put together 5 classes in the next year and a half, 2 of which will be before the end of this fiscal year(so june 2012)

Comment

[QUOTE=medina510;2957918]Hi S.F.P.D. applicants,

Hey Medina510

I took my oral on 2/18/12. Not bad, process was fast. Blew a brain fart on the written, thought of a great reason to but on the essay but thought of it as I walked to my car.lol Well PAT is this Friday, if anybody wants to do some agility training before PM me. Medina510? Or run and train afterward PAT hit me up. I live near Kezar stadium.

p.s. Oakland PD just opened hiring.
        http://agency.governmentjobs.com/oaklandca/default.cfm
        Last edited by SFdude; 02-19-2012, 12:59 PM.
        CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
        NOR passed 1/25/11
        Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
        Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
        PFT1 12/15/11
        VBT/SI 1/26/12
        VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
        LASIK surgery 1/31/12
        Met BI investigator 3/13/12
        Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
        Drug test 7/18/12

Comment

Was the oral for SFPD tough??? I'm taking mine next week.

Comment

Mero64

No the two officers were very cool. They didnt press me on any of my answers. Like "well your supervisor is not there"etc. Just give reasoning for what you would do and you should be fine. You dont need to know police codes etc.
            Feel like running?lol
            CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
            NOR passed 1/25/11
            Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
            Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
            PFT1 12/15/11
            VBT/SI 1/26/12
            VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
            LASIK surgery 1/31/12
            Met BI investigator 3/13/12
            Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
            Drug test 7/18/12

Comment

Alright thanks man...I've been running.

Comment

The physical is quite simple if you are in shape. I also heard many rumors from officers of the amount of slots they need to fill and how many officers are retiring. That is speculation of course because those things have a tendency to change. I had taken my physical on the 3rd and am now in the backgrounds. Looking forward the the whole process. Should be interesting.

Comment

Mario, did your BI contact you yet?

Comment

Hi, fellow applicants. It's good to see other post.

Sfdude, I applied to Oakland, Ca., thanks for the heads up, I am always checking statuses on LE recruit/trainee opportunities. I know that I would like to stay in the Bay Area.

I am a little shocked SFPD is still doing interviews. They run their hiring process through the bulk load, meaning process with several interviews at a time unlike other agencies, where one interview after another. I live in the East Bay, and thank you-sfdude for the invite to prepare for PAT, however I completed that on the 2/3/12.

Still, the physical demand is intense for the academy, and the better shape -one is. The better off you are in focusing most of your energy in studying for exams at the academy.

I completed and sent my PHQ about a week and a half ago.

Good luck--

I will keep posting.
                    Last edited by medina510; 02-20-2012, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Hi, fellow applicants. It's good to see other post.

Sfdude, I applied to Oakland PD, thanks for the heads up, I am always checking statuses on LE recruit/trainee opportunities. I know I want to stay in the Bay area though.

I am a little shocked SFPD is still doing interviews. They run their hiring process through the bulk load, meaning process with several interviews at a time unlike other agencies, where one interview after another. I completed and sent my phq about a week and a half ago.

I live in the East Bay, and thank you-sfdude for the invite to prepare for hiring process, however I completed that on the 2/3/12. Still, the physical demand is intense for the academy, and the better shape -one is. The better off you have on studying for exams at the academy.

Good luck--

I will keep posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific911 View Post
                        Mario, did your BI contact you yet?
                        My BI has not contacted me yet. I submitted my packet on the 10th of this month. I did receive an email shortly thereafter saying that my name has been forwarded to the BI unit. Still keeping my fingers crossed. Its good to have a forum to talk about these things. I met a few good candidates back on the 3rd but did not grab anyone's number to keep updating one another.

Comment

Hello to everyone,

I had my oral interview this morning. I think I did pretty well aside from being a little nervous during the Q&A portion. I have my PAT this coming Friday.

Mario - Did they ask you to submit your background packet on the day of the PAT, or were you contacted on a later date and asked to submit the packet?

Good luck to everyone in the process!!

Comment

Originally posted by vauxhaul View Post

Mario - Did they ask you to submit your background packet on the day of the PAT, or were you contacted on a later date and asked to submit the packet?
                            After your PAT, if you pass, you are then placed in a room with the other hopefuls and given a congrats for passing the physical. Then you are given information regarding your background investigation and what they want. You are given an envelope with a "postmark by" date. Get as much information that you can already; school, college transcripts, ss cards, etc, and mail that packet out ASAP. Hope this helps.

Comment

That is a big help Mario! Thanks for the quick reply information!

Comment

Soon after sending the PHQ for background investigator, I did the online phq.

I did not send a photo id equivalent to a passport picture, real birth certificate or ss#, and I figure that I could give them that info during the background interview.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9434 users online. 535 members and 8899 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X