Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the way, hopefully this helps some of you. I received this bit of information via e-mail.

The eligible list will be posted in April after all candidates have been administered the POST PELLETB exam.

Once the eligible list is adopted, the Police Department will select candidates from the list to advance to the Oral Interview and Physical Ability Exam. The Oral Interview and Physical Ability Exam will not be administered any earlier than mid-April.

Comment

• Def retake it if you can, no harm in asking. There are so many applicants this time around you prob won't ever move on to the background portion with just an average score. Last year if you got a passing T-score they automatically moved you on to the orals and agility. But the eligibility list ends up being ridiculously long and I think only the top few hundred got to move on and actually be assigned a background investigator. This is just what I've gathered by comparing notes to others applicants and a few things background investigators have mentioned so take it all with a grain of salt. Good luck.

Comment

• To those people who attended the January 22nd Triage...
        Have any of you received a call to start your backgrounds? I was wondering if they have started to call people or not.
        I was hoping to possibly clear everything and make the May academy but I know that I am running out of time to get everything done before then...
        Just trying to keep my hopes up..

Comment

• Anyone here taking the written test on March 5th at 8am?

Comment

• Nope, I'm taking it next week.

Comment

• Next week also.

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
                Are you presently in school by any chance?
                No I am not.

Comment

• I'm waiting for the Orals and PAT to open up in April.

Received an email from Jen saying I've been placed on a list and they'd let me know if I will advance.

Comment

• hey mike go

i was there for the triage. i have not heard back at all either. whats the next academy after may?
                    CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
                    NOR passed 1/25/11
                    Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
                    Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
                    PFT1 12/15/11
                    VBT/SI 1/26/12
                    VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
                    LASIK surgery 1/31/12
                    Met BI investigator 3/13/12
                    Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
                    Drug test 7/18/12

Comment

• Does anyone know if the people left on the last list(E128-04), if they will be included in the next backgrounds with this round of hiring?

Comment

• I don't know when the next academy after May would be. I was hoping that I still had a shot at the May one even though my triage was on Jan 22nd.
                        Anybody know if they are going to call to do some backgrounds from the Jan 22nd triage soon?

Comment

• @heather510 I'm E128-04 and yes they're still using the list. After not hearing anything for 9 months I had assumed the worst but a background investigator called me out of the blue in December. Did all my stuff (poly, medical, etc) and was approved by the hiring board. I have my fingers crossed, I'm feeling confident that they'll call me for the May class. My background investigator said that they plan on having regular academies from now on which makes sense since they had such a long hiring freeze. They are already short on officers and it sounds like a bunch more are retiring in near future, so don't give up hope!

As for how long they will continue to process people from 128-4 and move those people into backgrounds before switching over to the new list I'm not sure. I don't think the department has made up it's mind. E-128-4 is officially listed as "expiration date to be determined." I had reapplied for the recent fall opening and I think I remembered my investigator saying that I'd be eligible til 2014 and wouldn't need to worry about retesting (that's is super unconfirmed tho, I could be remembering wrong or that could simply not be true). I was about 300 people down on the eligibility list if that's any barometer of when you'll get called.

If anyone gets info on the May academy or future ones please do post. And thanks to all those who have posted in the past, I found it immensely helpful.
                          Last edited by RBurgundy; 03-25-2013, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Thanks rburgundy! I'm can't remember what number I was on the list. Is there any way I can locate that list? I also re applied just in case they do not use the rest from the list.

Comment

• This website won't let me post a link but you can find it at sfdhr.org under archived eligibility lists. Start by searching for eligibility lists, click on any of the top listings and then click on archived lists from the section menu. The date of the list is labeled as 11/28/11 and we're the Q-2 list (which is the police officer list and last pdf in the package).

Comment

• Hey everyone,
                                128-04 expires in Feb. of 2014. I was told there would be 2 more academy classes this year (including May) and that if you have not participated in a triage by now, you will not do so.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11096 users online. 418 members and 10678 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X