Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone that got into the 235th interested in renting an apartment right across from the academy? Send me a PM.

Comment

• Congratulations to the people that got the call, and patience to those awaiting the call. See you out there soon.
      Last edited by Nonsequitur; 02-19-2013, 10:13 PM.
      "Oro En Paz, Fierro En Guerra"
      "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
      - Attributed to both George Orwell and Winston Churchill (unsourced)
      Californian by birth, Cardinals fan by marriage!

Comment

• congrats to everyone who got the GREAT CALL!!!.. good luck guys...i start an internship with SFPD soon so i hope that will help me out get hired faster...if any one has done this can you give me some insight on what to expect...

Comment

• Congratulations to the 232nd class!
          Last edited by williampenn; 01-31-2013, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by champwhteek View Post
            congrats to everyone who got the GREAT CALL!!!.. good luck guys...i start an internship with SFPD soon so i hope that will help me out get hired faster...if any one has done this can you give me some insight on what to expect...
            This internship might not help you get "hired faster" but it will defnitely be a plus in your background.

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
              Congratulations to the 232nd class that graduated last night at the Scottish Rite Auditorium! It was truly a moving experience watching as they were acknowledged for their accomplishments and got pinned with their star! We are proud of each and every one of you. Be safe out there.
              How did you go about getting an internship w/ them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy_Le View Post
                How did you go about getting an internship w/ them?
                Are you presently in school by any chance?

Comment

• My friend who is a LA county sheriff, advised me to speak to a volunteer coordinator at any branch

Is this the internship you are speaking of Champ? I would think it would definitely be beneficial to get some volunteer hours in if one has the time.

Comment

• the internship im speaking of i got through my school...it counts towards my major

Comment

• Any upcoming triages?

Comment

• I'm scheduled to take the PELLETB through SFPD on February 28th. Anyone else taking the written then or on March 6th?

Comment

• My written test date is on March 14th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heather510 View Post
                            Any upcoming triages?
                            I wanted to ask the same question. I recently corrected my weight issue and am now waiting for triage. I hope to not have to go back through the process again (although did apply for the 129 list), is it for sure that 128 will be wrapped up with the May academy or is it possible to still get in to a later academy through that list?

Comment

• Originally posted by shmogan09 View Post
                              I wanted to ask the same question. I recently corrected my weight issue and am now waiting for triage. I hope to not have to go back through the process again (although did apply for the 129 list), is it for sure that 128 will be wrapped up with the May academy or is it possible to still get in to a later academy through that list?
                              Are the strictly adhering to the weight guidelines?

Comment

• Hey guys, I need some advice.

I took the PELLETB about two weeks earlier than everyone in the application process for SFPD because I also applied for CHP and they administered the test early. Since it's the same test, my T-score is eligible to be submitted to the SFPD hiring department.

My issue is, I did not score as high as I wanted...around the "average" range...and I noticed in an e-mail stating that they would pick and choose from the applicant pool based on the eligible list. Does this mean they will take the applicants with the higher scores even though we all passed the test?

If so, would it be a good idea if I asked the hiring department if I can re-take the test to improve my score. We are allowed to re-test after 30 days, but I believe chances of a re-take are slim due to the large number of applicants this hiring period. Any advice would be great.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9826 users online. 472 members and 9354 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X