300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimmy_Le View Post
    When did you take your tests, and do finger printing? When you do get that call from the BI your gunna be estactic. I know I sure was.
    yeah i just got done with triage in DEC so im assuming i have some time to wait until i get contacted

Comment

• To those of us that are still waiting for their Triage's to start or those who have been called....... Has anyone actually called the SF Backgrounds department to find out if they were still eligible or going to be called soon for Triage? I have been waiting since I turned my Background packet in February. I did re-apply a few weeks ago but was still hoping to get called for my original E128-4 process instead of having to start over. If someone did call, did they give you any info? I am afraid that if I call I would then get my packet pushed aside even further for calling.... All the departments are, "don't call us, we'll call you."
      Thanks,
      Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeGo View Post
        To those of us that are still waiting for their Triage's to start or those who have been called....... Has anyone actually called the SF Backgrounds department to find out if they were still eligible or going to be called soon for Triage? I have been waiting since I turned my Background packet in February. I did re-apply a few weeks ago but was still hoping to get called for my original E128-4 process instead of having to start over. If someone did call, did they give you any info? I am afraid that if I call I would then get my packet pushed aside even further for calling.... All the departments are, "don't call us, we'll call you."
        Thanks,
        Mike
        Mike I am also part of your group. I got my call from BI about 2 wks ago and last week I met face to face w/ my BI. Its a patience game. Stay strong. If they were to DQ you or say no go you would have received some sort of notification.

Comment

• Originally posted by champwhteek View Post
          yeah i just got done with triage in DEC so im assuming i have some time to wait until i get contacted
          Ah.. If I don't end up in the Feb Academy then you and I might be in the same one.

Comment

To those of us that are still waiting for their Triage's to start or those who have been called....... Has anyone actually called the SF Backgrounds department to find out if they were still eligible or going to be called soon for Triage? I have been waiting since I turned my Background packet in February. I did re-apply a few weeks ago but was still hoping to get called for my original E128-4 process instead of having to start over. If someone did call, did they give you any info? I am afraid that if I call I would then get my packet pushed aside even further for calling.... All the departments are, "don't call us, we'll call you."
            Thanks,
            Mike

I agree, "don't call us, we'll call you". I would not suggest calling, it's always hurry up and wait. Patience is key, but I know it can be frustrating not knowing. I'm in the same boat. I have been through this with smaller agencies and it's always the same. Seems like an eternity while you wait. The mind goes in all kids of directions. Try to stay focused and positive. I found that applying with other agencies helps while you wait. It's good not to have your eggs in one basket. The Bay Area has a lot of agencies (when they are actually hiring). When one says, "thanks, but no thanks"...move on to the next. Don't give up! CHP is opening recruitment on 1/3/13. They are only taking apps for a few days. Worth a try.

Comment

Thanks,
              Mike
              I don't think there's anything wrong with giving the Background unit a call to find out what your status is. They don't like 3rd party callers (don't have mom or your girlfriend/boyfriend call for you), do it yourself. The BI's are mostly very accomodating and they understand that you're anxious to hear any news they can give you.
              This does not mean that you should call every day or once a week, but a phone call to see where you are in the process will not hurt you or get your folder pushed aside. It actually shows that you're interested and motivated.

Comment

• Merry Xmas everyone! I'm getting excited for my Poly on Wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy_Le View Post
                  Merry Xmas everyone! I'm getting excited for my Poly on Wednesday.
                  Merry Christmas. Good luck Wednesday and throughout the whole rest of the process.

Comment

Thanks,
                    Mike
                    MikeGo I'm in the same position I'm waiting for a call for triage. I also reapplied just in case.

Comment

• Next class should be Feb.
                      Last edited by williampenn; 01-31-2013, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• williampenn, are you the special liason that's been designated by the department to handle these forums? you seem closer to the background process than an applicant. i also dont imagine most current officers care enough, know enough, about the background process to be so helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by bpara View Post
                          williampenn, are you the special liason that's been designated by the department to handle these forums? you seem closer to the background process than an applicant. i also dont imagine most current officers care enough, know enough, about the background process to be so helpful.
                          I'm no special anything, especially no liason; and I didn't know that I was "handling these forums." I was just participating and passing along information that I thought would be useful to most people interested in what's going on with this process.

Comment

• you just seemed especially knowledgeable. i'm not implying anything more than what i wrote. just curious. your information is appreciated.

Comment

• Yeah,
                              Got my email this morning to schedule my Triage appointment for Tuesday, January 22. I've been waiting a long time to get the ball rolling. Merry Christmas to me. I hope to see some other well deserved people on here get the email too.
                              Good luck,

Mike

Comment

• good Deal! MIKEGO!!!! Time to let you hair grow out if it's short.
                                Last edited by Jimmy_Le; 12-27-2012, 06:08 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7953 users online. 292 members and 7661 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X