300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cevans23 View Post
    Are there applicants already chosen for the February academy? OR will they start making calls in January? I heard they must tell you at least 2 weeks prior to the start date if you are chosen.

Also, is it a call, email, or formal letter in the mail? Just wondering. Thanks.
    The selection of who gets into an academy class can't happen before the eligibility meeting
    Last edited by williampenn; 01-31-2013, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by medina510 View Post
      This sounds about right?!?!
      Originally posted by williampenn View Post
      It can take months to get through the background process, but when the hiring meeting gets close & there are not enough applicants to fill the academy class from the groups that triaged before yours, the people in your triage group who have no issues and can be processed quickly, can be selected to be presented at that hiring meeting.
      Would I be reading too much into that statement to infer that means the current pool doesn't have enough good candidates to fill a class?

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
        It can take months to get through the background process, but when the hiring meeting gets close & there are not enough applicants to fill the academy class from the groups that triaged before yours, the people in your triage group who have no issues and can be processed quickly, can be selected to be presented at that hiring meeting.

thanks for the heads up

Comment

• Received an email today regarding the next written for Q-2. 7,100 applicants this time around. And i thought testing back in 2011 there was a lot...wow! Hopefully us that just attended triage will get through the process rather quickly for the Feb or May academy. Hurry up and wait...haha

Comment

• Originally posted by mickciaran View Post
            Received an email today regarding the next written for Q-2. 7,100 applicants this time around. And i thought testing back in 2011 there was a lot...wow! Hopefully us that just attended triage will get through the process rather quickly for the Feb or May academy. Hurry up and wait...haha

7K!!!????? LOL holly molly yeah i hope i get through this process now rather quick...and i thought 2500 was a lot

Comment

• i guess this dept is definately at the bottom of the list of priorities lol 7,100 is overkill

Comment

• Keep in mind, 7,100 applied, not 7,100 passed everything and is in backgrounds right now. Less than 1/4 of that number will be even selected to backgrounds. Then there's is where your competition is, not the 7,100 that applied.

Comment

• I heard from my BI. He was just checking in and said they were still expecting a hiring meeting mid-January and an academy in February.

Comment

• Does anyone know what these hiring meetings consist of? Are we present for these meetings, or are they conducted on their own?

rsb - at least you got a call to assure you they are still considering you. hopefully i get a call soon as well.

Comment

Does anyone know what these hiring meetings consist of? Are we present for these meetings, or are they conducted on their own?

rsb - at least you got a call to assure you they are still considering you. hopefully i get a call soon as well.
                      Hope so. I think that mainly he just wanted to make sure I hadn't gotten fired, gotten a ticket, or anything negative, and make sure phone numbers and so on were still current.
                      We're not @ the eligibility or hiring meetings.

Comment

Does anyone know what these hiring meetings consist of? Are we present for these meetings, or are they conducted on their own?

you're not present
                        Last edited by williampenn; 01-31-2013, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• hey everyone, some of my references had been contacted this week. can someone let me know if BI contacts everyone you put down? (since half my references have not received anything in the mail yet). thanks in advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by tvu View Post
                            hey everyone, some of my references had been contacted this week. can someone let me know if BI contacts everyone you put down? (since half my references have not received anything in the mail yet). thanks in advance!
                            Yeah
                            Last edited by williampenn; 01-31-2013, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SharksFan View Post
                              No disagreement here. I tend to do well on standardized tests but it hasn't gotten me a job yet. I just hope my score will be good enough to allow me to move forward in the process. I lived in the bay area as a kid and during college, but I live out of state now. Since I have to travel and would like to make plans as far in advance as possible, I was hoping somebody might have a time frame on the next steps of the process if I am selected to move forward.
                              They will give out of state folks first picking of test dates from what I remember. But I know for the written part(if you haven't taken it yet) they are pretty strict on that part since there are many people who apply.

Comment

• Originally posted by rsb View Post
                                I heard from my BI. He was just checking in and said they were still expecting a hiring meeting mid-January and an academy in February.
                                How far are you beyond meeting w/ your BI? I have my poly after the holidays.
                                Last edited by Jimmy_Le; 12-20-2012, 02:10 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7697 users online. 232 members and 7465 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X