Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new to this site, but have been in the process with SF for over a year. Had triage yesterday and half my leg is now shaved. I thought I had enough hair up top, but guess not.. It's good to know that this pool of applicants is eligible for both Feb and May academies. Hopefully the process starts to speed up soon... I have to admit, when I walked through the elevators onto the 6th floor, I thought I was at a funeral. More suits and somber looks then a wake... lol

Comment

• Originally posted by mickciaran View Post
      I'm new to this site, but have been in the process with SF for over a year. Had triage yesterday and half my leg is now shaved. I thought I had enough hair up top, but guess not.. It's good to know that this pool of applicants is eligible for both Feb and May academies. Hopefully the process starts to speed up soon... I have to admit, when I walked through the elevators onto the 6th floor, I thought I was at a funeral. More suits and somber looks then a wake... lol

what time was yours at yesterday i had the 7 o'clock and hlaf my leg is also gone

Comment

• champwhteek - Had triage at 0900. It was hard to shave my leg with those cheap disposable razors...lol Had to fix it when I got home so I didn't have patches of hair missing. I wear shorts a lot. Had the officer cracking up.. I couldn't get the hair to come off my leg.

Comment

• I applied about a week ago and the apps closed this past Friday. When should I expect a test date e-mail?

Comment

• Originally posted by John5689 View Post
            I applied about a week ago and the apps closed this past Friday. When should I expect a test date e-mail?
            if i remember it took about a month maybe. from what i heard at my triage your group had over 7000 APP's..LOL mines for 128-04 only had i think 2500... so i really cant tell how long it will take but be ready to just wait a while this is one of the slowest moving departments ive applied to but by far my # 1 choice so the wait is worth it for me

Comment

• Originally posted by mickciaran View Post
              champwhteek - Had triage at 0900. It was hard to shave my leg with those cheap disposable razors...lol Had to fix it when I got home so I didn't have patches of hair missing. I wear shorts a lot. Had the officer cracking up.. I couldn't get the hair to come off my leg.

I know the pain...LOL but lets make sure we keep updating as to when we get contacted by a BI since were kinda in the same boat.. granted i was the very last person to finish in my triage appointment...LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by champwhteek View Post
                How far are you in the process now cevans23?
                Started in Aug of 2011. Last activity(Late September 2012) was my BI telling me I am in the hiring pool for the next academies. So done with all the hard stuff. Now I just wait until the February academy hopefully.

Comment

just got back form triage..went well besides the fact that half my leg does not have hair any more..LOL now i guess waiting on a call from a background investigator...does any one have any idea how long that next step could possible take..thanks
                  You'll know pretty quick
                  Last edited by williampenn; 01-31-2013, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
                    You'll know pretty quick if you're not going to go forward after Triage. Everyone who comes through this Triage process without being DQ'd has a shot at the Feb academy.
                    i wish this was true but i highly doubt they will be able to finish backgrounds,poly,medical,psych..... before FEB..then again i could be totally wrong

Comment

• champwhteek - I was 2nd to last to finish triage in my group...took forever to get shaved. I will keep updating as well. I can't imagine my background and all the other phases being finished in time for the Feb academy, but who knows. I was extremely detailed and honest in the PHS, so hopefully that helps the BI get through it quicker. The BI shouldn't have to do any leg work to track down information. I'm concerned about about a couple things (not to serious), but I was 120% honest. Even if I'm DQ'd, at least I know I told the truth.

Comment

• I can say I was the very last person to finish the triage on the 11th. I had the 11am appointment and when everyone was done shaving their legs, I had to go to the bathroom and get my arm pit hair cut because I didn't have enough leg hair. They still said that might not be enough hair. But the Sergeant said that the hair testing should be done in a few days. So I expect people should get calls from BI's soon after.

Comment

i wish this was true but i highly doubt they will be able to finish backgrounds,poly,medical,psych..... before FEB..then again i could be totally wrong
                          never know...
                          Last edited by williampenn; 01-31-2013, 11:29 PM.

Comment

I can tell you for sure that there are people in YOUR group who are going to the hiring meeting in January for the Feb academy. Hopefully, you'll be one of them...
                            so you mean like there are already people that have there backgrounds completed from my triage group? because the SGT there said it usually takes up to 3 months.. man i hope your right because if i happened to be in that group that would be AMAZING!!!

Comment

I can tell you for sure that there are people in YOUR group who are going to the hiring meeting in January for the Feb academy. Hopefully, you'll be one of them...
                              Are there applicants already chosen for the February academy? OR will they start making calls in January? I heard they must tell you at least 2 weeks prior to the start date if you are chosen.

Also, is it a call, email, or formal letter in the mail? Just wondering. Thanks.

Comment

so you mean like there are already people that have there backgrounds completed from my triage group? because the SGT there said it usually takes up to 3 months.. man i hope your right because if i happened to be in that group that would be AMAZING!!!
                                It can take months to get through the background process
                                Last edited by williampenn; 01-31-2013, 11:31 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13256 users online. 513 members and 12743 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X