300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dc415 View Post
    I'm prepping for the POST exam now. about how long did it take before you got the call to take the exam? I should be ready but I want to prepare myself for anything so I'll put more time in study. Thanks again, by the way.
    I'm sure it'll be sometime shortly after the announcement closes, and they stop accepting applications. You can always contact civil service and ask if they have a tentative exam date in mind.
    “He who can have patience can have what he will.”
    ― Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by dc415 View Post
      I'm prepping for the POST exam now. about how long did it take before you got the call to take the exam? I should be ready but I want to prepare myself for anything so I'll put more time in study. Thanks again, by the way.
      When the applications opened up the end of Aug 2011, the written was given in October, results in November, oral interview in Feb 2012, physical ability a week later.

Comment

• thanks for all the replies guys. You have helped me more than anything. Really appreciate you all taking the time to answer my basic questions which I'm sure you've heard about a million times. good luck to all!

let's keep this thread going, it's packed full of great info and good people.

Comment

• [QUOTE=dc415;3189773]thanks for all the replies guys. You have helped me more than anything. Really appreciate you all taking the time to answer my basic questions which I'm sure you've heard about a million times. good luck to all!

let's keep this thread going, it's packed full of great info and good people.good luck
          Last edited by williampenn; 01-31-2013, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• Another bit of advice is to get on good terms with your neighbors. Your BI will either visit them or give you 5 forms to hand out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris207 View Post
              Another bit of advice is to get on good terms with your neighbors. Your BI will either visit them or give you 5 forms to hand out.
              That's true. I was totally unaware when my BI came, but my neighbors told me after they were interviewed by him. It was also not just my immediate next door neighbors, but others down the block as well.

Comment

• any body got any tips on what to expect for triage this tuesday

Comment

• Originally posted by champwhteek View Post
                  any body got any tips on what to expect for triage this tuesday
                  A piece of your hair is going to be cut and sent out for drug testing & you'll be fingerprinted. Then you're going to have to fill out a long, detailed drug history questionairre.
                  Last edited by williampenn; 01-31-2013, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• just got back form triage..went well besides the fact that half my leg does not have hair any more..LOL now i guess waiting on a call from a background investigator...does any one have any idea how long that next step could possible take..thanks

Comment

• 2 months, maybe longer

Comment

• Originally posted by champwhteek View Post
                        does any one have any idea how long that next step could possible take..thanks
                        Could be within a month(like mines was), or could be several months.

Had a friend go in for the triage today as well. He was given his DQ letter because his reported drug use was too recent(within a year and a half).

Comment

• Originally posted by cevans23 View Post

Had a friend go in for the triage today as well. He was given his DQ letter because his reported drug use was too recent(within a year and a half).
                          oh man im sorry to hear for your friend... that kind of gives me a breath of relief knowing i have not been DQed from the process. i guess ill just have to wait for a phone call...How far are you in the process now cevans23?

Comment

• I went through Triage back on the 18th of September. Still anxiously waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by cevans23 View Post

Was it after he applied? The job notice specifically notes that any use after application is an automatic DQ.

I wonder how big the eligibility pool is. Does anyone have any idea?

Comment

• Originally posted by rsb View Post
                                Was it after he applied? The job notice specifically notes that any use after application is an automatic DQ.

I wonder how big the eligibility pool is. Does anyone have any idea?

I have no idea but it seemed as if this was the last triage so no clue but they do have academies for FEB and MAy...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8980 users online. 303 members and 8677 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X