300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by champwhteek View Post
    yeah were to late for the FEB class but hopefully the one after that and congrats MHbayarea good luck
    Last edited by williampenn; 01-31-2013, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Anyone know how many of these hiring meetings occur in January and how they are conducted? Who weighs in? Just curious.

Comment

• Over a year??! that takes patience. I was thinking about applying on this go around. Don't think I can wait that long. Good luck

Originally posted by champwhteek View Post
        i submitted my package on Feb 14th and just now have got invited to triage on DEC 11th..its a long wait but worth it in the end

Comment

• [QUOTE=MHBayArea;3188068]Anyone know how many of these hiring meetings occur in January and how they are conducted? Who weighs in? Just curious.[/QUOTE
          Last edited by williampenn; 01-31-2013, 11:37 PM.

Comment

i submitted my package on Feb 14th and just now have got invited to triage on DEC 11th..its a long wait but worth it in the end
            I also submitted mine the same time you did and no call or letter for me yet.. I put another application in just in case with a higher t-score this timel

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
              Actually, the Feb class has not been chosen yet. The decision on which applicants will be hired for that academy will happen in January.
              yeah but i doubt there able to finish up my backround,poly,psych,medical etc in time LOL

Comment

• [QUOTE=Heather510;3188484]I also submitted mine the same time you did and no call or letter for me yet.. I put another application in just in case with a higher t-score this timel[/QUOTE

Did you call Backgrounds to see if you could find out where you stand? .
                Last edited by williampenn; 01-31-2013, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris207 View Post
                  Hi Everyone,

I've been following this thread since the beginning, and it has been helpful. Since I am so close to the end, I thought I would layout my timeline of events for anyone who is interested.

You'll notice a period of nearly 6 months where nothing happened from the start of May '12 to October. I had essentially given up on the process right before I got the call from my investigator. I hope this is helpful. Good luck everyone.
                  My experience has been almost identical to yours except the gap between triage and getting assigned a BI was shorter.

Started on 8/26/11. I've had a rather straight forward time with them. Passed all the tests(written, oral, physical, medical, polygraph, BI investigations) and the last I've heard was a phone call from my BI around 9/30/12. He called to let me know that he finished with his investigations and that I was placed in the final hiring pool of applicants. I am aware that an academy was just starting in October, so I am just waiting for the next academy(Feb). Crossing my fingers and just waiting for that phone call/email.

To those just getting their calls for triage, start getting your documents ready just in case they push you straight to a BI like me. Good luck!

Comment

• [QUOTE=williampenn;3188569]
                    Originally posted by Heather510 View Post
                    I also submitted mine the same time you did and no call or letter for me yet.. I put another application in just in case with a higher t-score this timel[/QUOTE

Did you call Backgrounds to see if you could find out where you stand? PM me if you need help.
                    I am in the same boat. Had triage back in May and I haven't heard anything since. I called backgrounds awhile back and found out that I was assigned a BI, but I never heard anything from him. Unfortunately, I don't have any contact info for him.

Comment

• Hi guys, some great information in this thread.

I'm a new here & have been waiting for the SFPD enrollment to open up for a while. Since I got the news, I applied right away. I have some questions if you all can help me out.

Since I submitted the application online, are there any additional steps, info, advice I need as of now? I know it's going to be a long process, and I am 100% committed to the wait & sacrifice needed in order to succeed here.

ANY tips and/or advice is greatly appreciated it. thank you guys for your time!

Comment

• Originally posted by dc415 View Post
                        Hi guys, some great information in this thread.

I'm a new here & have been waiting for the SFPD enrollment to open up for a while. Since I got the news, I applied right away. I have some questions if you all can help me out.

Since I submitted the application online, are there any additional steps, info, advice I need as of now? I know it's going to be a long process, and I am 100% committed to the wait & sacrifice needed in order to succeed here.

well as you know its a long wait... what i would advise you to do is make sure your physically fit for the physical( even though its a walk in the park) and try to get a high score on your written... during this process i would advice you get all the documents that are required, Birth certificate,diploma,transcripts DD214(if your in the military) etc.. i believe there is a list on there website to what you'll need for the backgrounds. also if you can start getting dates of where you lived and worked at this will help you alot while you fill out your background. And get a credit report to see if there are any discrepancies that you need to take care of. the reason i say do this now is because im sure you might apply to other departments so its always good to have those documents in hand ready to go.. other then that im sure other people will chime in but best of luck and just expect to hurry up and WAIT

Comment

Hi guys, some great information in this thread.

Ditto what Champ said.
                          There's a practice written test you can take on the SFPD website. That will give you an idea of what to expect when you get to the real thing. Get all your school transcripts ordered (high school, vocational schools, college, etc). Start thinking about all the places you've lived, worked, gone to school -you're going to have to list them in chronological order with NO gaps. You have to account for all of your time since high school.
                          Like Champ said, the physical ability testing is pretty easy so that shouldn't be a problem, but the PT/DT in the academy is very grueling. You should get in the best possible physical shape starting now. Running, pushups (lots of pushups), planks, etc. If you do this now, you'll be ahead of the game.
                          The projected date for an academy for those applying now and make it through the process is October 2013.

Comment

well as you know its a long wait... what i would advise you to do is make sure your physically fit for the physical( even though its a walk in the park) and try to get a high score on your written... during this process i would advice you get all the documents that are required, Birth certificate,diploma,transcripts DD214(if your in the military) etc.. i believe there is a list on there website to what you'll need for the backgrounds. also if you can start getting dates of where you lived and worked at this will help you alot while you fill out your background. And get a credit report to see if there are any discrepancies that you need to take care of. the reason i say do this now is because im sure you might apply to other departments so its always good to have those documents in hand ready to go.. other then that im sure other people will chime in but best of luck and just expect to hurry up and WAIT

Originally posted by williampenn View Post
                            Ditto what Champ said.
                            There's a practice written test you can take on the SFPD website. That will give you an idea of what to expect when you get to the real thing. Get all your school transcripts ordered (high school, vocational schools, college, etc). Start thinking about all the places you've lived, worked, gone to school -you're going to have to list them in chronological order with NO gaps. You have to account for all of your time since high school.
                            Like Champ said, the physical ability testing is pretty easy so that shouldn't be a problem, but the PT/DT in the academy is very grueling. You should get in the best possible physical shape starting now. Running, pushups (lots of pushups), planks, etc. If you do this now, you'll be ahead of the game.
                            The projected date for an academy for those applying now and make it through the process is October 2013.
                            Thanks for the advice guys. Seems like everyone's best advice is to simply prep and be organized for the steps ahead. It does make sense. Are you all in the hiring process at the moment? Does anyone remember how long it took before you got call back to start the tests?

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. Seems like everyone's best advice is to simply prep and be organized for the steps ahead. It does make sense. Are you all in the hiring process at the moment? Does anyone remember how long it took before you got call back to start the tests?
                              You will be emailed about a month after you take the written with either a congratulations or a regrets letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
                                You will be emailed about a month after you take the written with either a congratulations or a regrets letter.
                                I'm prepping for the POST exam now. about how long did it take before you got the call to take the exam? I should be ready but I want to prepare myself for anything so I'll put more time in study. Thanks again, by the way.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10075 users online. 426 members and 9649 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X