300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
    The next class will be 236 not 235----odd #'s are for lateral classes only.
    Gotcha, thanks, I have changed the name of the group...

Comment

• Just curious if it would be more beneficial to submit a T-Score of 61-ish from another agency -- or if I would stand a better chance moving forward in the process if I re-took PELLETB.
      “He who can have patience can have what he will.”
      ― Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by Scottydons87 View Post
        Just curious if it would be more beneficial to submit a T-Score of 61-ish from another agency -- or if I would stand a better chance moving forward in the process if I re-took PELLETB.
        Last edited by williampenn; 01-31-2013, 11:43 PM.

Comment

A high T score might get you looked at first but it doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get through the process sooner than someone with a lower score. In fact, a perfect score doesn't count for much if issues in your background prevent you from going forward in the selection process.
          Does everyone receive an invite for Oral Boards, or just people who scored well on the PelletB? I was stuck in NY civil service procedures where you need to score well to get canvassed. Mixed up the processes, my apologies.
          “He who can have patience can have what he will.”
          ― Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by Scottydons87 View Post
            Does everyone receive an invite for Oral Boards, or just people who scored well on the PelletB? I was stuck in NY civil service procedures where you need to score well to get canvassed. Mixed up the processes, my apologies.
            This last go round, if you passed the written, you automatically got to the oral board, even before the physical agility test. This next process might be different though because there were a lot of applicants who didn't pass the physical agility testing so it turned out to be a waste of time sending them to the oral interview.

Comment

This last go round, if you passed the written, you automatically got to the oral board, even before the physical agility test. This next process might be different though because there were a lot of applicants who didn't pass the physical agility testing so it turned out to be a waste of time sending them to the oral interview.
              agree..i was a bit confused why they had us do oral boards before the physical...then again there physical is by far the easiest i have ever done

Comment

It is definitely intense. Even though the hours are 0800-1700, you will get there no later than 0715 and most nights will not leave until 1830/1900 hours, sometimes later depending on what's in store for that day. You will address everyone by either sir or ma'am, including visitors you encounter in the hallways. You will have regular uniform inspections-your shoes have to be spit-shined and your brass gleaming. Your uniform must be perfect-military press on the shirts, clean creases in the pants, no hanging threads, etc. Your locker will also be inspected as well as your lunches (they don't like you eating junk food). DT every day, PT about 3x a week, so if you're not in shape, you might as well get to it now so you won't suffer so much later. Be prepared to do a ton of pushups, jumping jacks, bear crawls, chasing rabbit, going over walls, and other general running. Then you have the academic part of it-lots of lectures and 2 or 3 tests a week. If you don't get a passing score on your first try, you can remediate once, but if you fail the remediation-you're gone. If you pay attention in class and study hard, this will not be a problem though. Speaking of class, you can't slouch, sleep, put your feet up, etc.- you have to be attentive and alert. So basically, you will have no life once you're in the academy-you'll be gone all day M-F, then spend your nights getting your uniform ready for the next day and studying your *** off. On the weekends you'll be studying your *** off some more---if you're serious about passing that is.
                I'm perfectly fine with not having a life during the Academy and already plan on it. Do you get assigned reports to write when you make mistakes during the day? How is the discipline assigned if not by reports? How far/fast for runs? How intense are the tactical officers?

Is it more academics based or physical and trying to break you down?

From what I saw in a video, males don't have to even shave their heads, is this true?

Comment

• Originally posted by John5689 View Post
                  I'm perfectly fine with not having a life during the Academy and already plan on it. Do you get assigned reports to write when you make mistakes during the day? How is the discipline assigned if not by reports? How far/fast for runs? How intense are the tactical officers?

Is it more academics based or physical and trying to break you down?

From what I saw in a video, males don't have to even shave their heads, is this true?
                  If you fail a test, you have to write a memo (500 words, 1000 words, etc) on why you didn't pass. Sometimes if the whole class screws something up, they all have to write memo's on why this happened, but memo writing isn't a usual occurrence.
                  Most of the time, when you make a mistake you have to do some form of killer exercise. The Tactical Officers are VERY intense-they take their job very seriously and expect the same from you. The runs are a couple of miles, you're not jogging, you're running at top speed-no slacking.
                  Some days you'll be doing more physical training than academics, and other days you'll be doing more academics than physical-it all depends on which day it is. And I wouldn't say its to "break you down" its more like building you up----they're preparing you to deal with all kinds of encounters and you have to be tough to do this.
                  Personal grooming rules are very strict--your head doesn't have to be "shaved", but your hair has to be above the collar. If you came in with a full grown moustache you can keep it, but you can't start growing it coming in. Women have to wear their hair in a bun and off their face if its long.

Comment

• Originally posted by champwhteek View Post
                    agree..i was a bit confused why they had us do oral boards before the physical...then again there physical is by far the easiest i have ever done
                    Yea, this physical is pretty easy but surprisingly, a third still fail it.

Comment

• [QUOTE=MHBayArea;3184958]I have been in the application process for over a year. I am on list 128-4. I have participated in all steps in the application process and am hoping for a spot in the Feb/2013 academy.

Anyone else in my shoes? Waiting on a call from my BI with good news basically. Been a long road, hoping for the best.
                      Last edited by williampenn; 01-31-2013, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• Hi Everyone,

I've been following this thread since the beginning, and it has been helpful. Since I am so close to the end, I thought I would layout my timeline of events for anyone who is interested.

09/27/11 - Written Exam
                        11/01/11 - Written Exam Results
                        11/30/11 - Eligibility List Score
                        02/27/12 - Oral Board (Departmental) Interview
                        03/02/12 - Physical Agility Test
                        03/03/12 - Submit Online PHQ
                        03/09/12 - Departmental Interview Results
                        03/16/12 - PHS Packet Deadline
                        05/01/12 - Forensic Drug Test (Hair sample & finger prints)
                        10/19/12 - Background Interview and conditional offer
                        10/31/12 - Polygraph Exam & Results
                        11/05/12 - Medical Exam & Drug Test
                        11/08/12 - Third Party Drug Test
                        11/17/12 - Written Psychological
                        11/26/12 - Medical Exam Results - Abnormal hearing
                        11/27/12 - Hearing in Noise Test (HINT)
                        11/29/12 - Home Visit
                        12/08/12 - Oral Psychological Exam
                        12/??/12 - Final Interview

You'll notice a period of nearly 6 months where nothing happened from the start of May '12 to October. I had essentially given up on the process right before I got the call from my investigator. I hope this is helpful. Good luck everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris207 View Post
                          Hi Everyone,

I've been following this thread since the beginning, and it has been helpful. Since I am so close to the end, I thought I would layout my timeline of events for anyone who is interested.

09/27/11 - Written Exam
                          11/01/11 - Written Exam Results
                          11/30/11 - Eligibility List Score
                          02/27/12 - Oral Board (Departmental) Interview
                          03/02/12 - Physical Agility Test
                          03/03/12 - Submit Online PHQ
                          03/09/12 - Departmental Interview Results
                          03/16/12 - PHS Packet Deadline
                          05/01/12 - Forensic Drug Test (Hair sample & finger prints)
                          10/19/12 - Background Interview and conditional offer
                          10/31/12 - Polygraph Exam & Results
                          11/05/12 - Medical Exam & Drug Test
                          11/08/12 - Third Party Drug Test
                          11/17/12 - Written Psychological
                          11/26/12 - Medical Exam Results - Abnormal hearing
                          11/27/12 - Hearing in Noise Test (HINT)
                          11/29/12 - Home Visit
                          12/08/12 - Oral Psychological Exam
                          12/??/12 - Final Interview

You'll notice a period of nearly 6 months where nothing happened from the start of May '12 to October. I had essentially given up on the process right before I got the call from my investigator. I hope this is helpful. Good luck everyone.

i submitted my package on Feb 14th and just now have got invited to triage on DEC 11th..its a long wait but worth it in the end

Comment

• I also have the triage on the 11th. Is this group of triages up for the Feb 13 academy class or is it to late and have to wait for the next one?

Comment

• I heard from my BI today, he said I have made it through background and am in the hiring pool for the next academy. He said he is very hopeful that I would be hired but reminded me that there are a lot of good applicants and cannot promise I will be picked.

Still a relief to hear that I made to the hiring phase.

Anybody else got any news?

To put this in perspective for other people, I had Triage in May, 2012.

Comment

• yeah were to late for the FEB class but hopefully the one after that and congrats MHbayarea good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6224 users online. 234 members and 5990 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X