300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rsb View Post
    Same here. Should be 2 weeks prior to academy start for calls, I'm told.
    Same here, I did the dna test and paperwork on Nov. 14. I believe this makes me in triage 6.

Comment

• I had my Triage September 4th and just got a call from BI today.

Comment

• Originally posted by tvu View Post
        I had my Triage September 4th and just got a call from BI today.
        thats great news. i got triage on the 11th. glad to see things are still moving. so it took you about 2 1/2 months after triage to hear form an investigator?

Comment

• I also received that email that just went out. I have not heard anything back nor have I received a letter disqualifying me. I guess I will re apply just to be on the safe side. Anyone else get this email?

Comment

• I also seen the minimum post score went up from 42 to 46

Comment

• I think everyone who passed got it? I did too. I'm personally inclined to not re-apply as I don't think it's very likely at all that I'll end up with a better score and my backgrounds, etc haven't changed. If I had a lower score I probably would, just in case it got me a better position.

Comment

• Originally posted by tvu View Post
                I had my Triage September 4th and just got a call from BI today.
                Great news!

Comment

• It won't hurt to reapply-who knows when the application process will open up again...

Comment

• Originally posted by williampenn View Post
                    It won't hurt to reapply-who knows when the application process will open up again...
                    exactly what I was thinking. At least this extends us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heather510 View Post
                      I also received that email that just went out. I have not heard anything back nor have I received a letter disqualifying me. I guess I will re apply just to be on the safe side. Anyone else get this email?
                      Why don't you call the Background Unit and see if they tell you what your status is?

Comment

• Originally posted by supramkiii View Post
                        hi all, long time reader first time poster. Just had my medical exam about a week ago and my EKG came out "abnormal" but I still haven't heard from my BI. Should I be worried? I've never had a stroke or any heart problems in the past. Has anyone else had problems and moved forward or been DQ because of this?
                        I had to go back for a second eye test when my first one came out weird. The second one was fine.

Comment

• What is the SF Police Academy like? Is it a stress academy (intense tac staff, screaming, high discipline/protocol)? Is it more college-like atmosphere based more on academics? What is the physical training like?

Comment

• Hello everyone. I have started a Google group for all of us who hope to be in the next academy class (class 235 - Feb/2013). This group will be a place we can share information more easily and can start sharing files (radio codes, etc) to be better prepared for the academy.
                            Please PM me with your email and status in the application process if you would like to be added to the group. Once the academy class is selected, the group will be limited to those who have been selected.
                            This group has ZERO affiliation with SFPD and is merely a place for us hopefuls to share info/support or perhaps meet up to workout, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by John5689 View Post
                              What is the SF Police Academy like? Is it a stress academy (intense tac staff, screaming, high discipline/protocol)? Is it more college-like atmosphere based more on academics? What is the physical training like?
                              It is definitely intense. Even though the hours are 0800-1700, you will get there no later than 0715 and most nights will not leave until 1830/1900 hours, sometimes later depending on what's in store for that day. You will address everyone by either sir or ma'am, including visitors you encounter in the hallways. You will have regular uniform inspections-your shoes have to be spit-shined and your brass gleaming. Your uniform must be perfect-military press on the shirts, clean creases in the pants, no hanging threads, etc. Your locker will also be inspected as well as your lunches (they don't like you eating junk food). DT every day, PT about 3x a week, so if you're not in shape, you might as well get to it now so you won't suffer so much later. Be prepared to do a ton of pushups, jumping jacks, bear crawls, chasing rabbit, going over walls, and other general running. Then you have the academic part of it-lots of lectures and 2 or 3 tests a week. If you don't get a passing score on your first try, you can remediate once, but if you fail the remediation-you're gone. If you pay attention in class and study hard, this will not be a problem though. Speaking of class, you can't slouch, sleep, put your feet up, etc.- you have to be attentive and alert. So basically, you will have no life once you're in the academy-you'll be gone all day M-F, then spend your nights getting your uniform ready for the next day and studying your *** off. On the weekends you'll be studying your *** off some more---if you're serious about passing that is.

Comment

• next class is Feb
                                Last edited by williampenn; 01-31-2013, 11:44 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7634 users online. 276 members and 7358 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X