300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check the ref.
    Last edited by williampenn; 01-31-2013, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• San Francisco PD is accepting applications for police officer recruit

The SFPD accepting recruit police officer applications from 11-26-12, Mon, 0730 to 12-7-12, Fri, 1700.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:

This examination is open to individuals meeting all of the following requirements:

Be a United States citizen
      Be at least 20 years old
      Be a U.S. High School Graduate or have passed a G.E.D. or the California High School Proficiency Examination or have an AA or higher degree from an accredited college or university
      Possess a valid driver license
      Have not been convicted of a felony
      Have not been convicted of an offense involving domestic violence
      Have not have been convicted of any misdemeanor at any time, which carries a penalty of prohibiting ownership, possession or control of a firearm.
      Have not been restricted from employment with the City and County of San Francisco

Comment

• I've been waiting for SF to open up testing for recruits! Just put in my application last night. What's the application timeframe like? I'm assuming pretty long because it's such a huge department with hundreds (thousands?) of applicants.

Comment

• Originally posted by miketheberkeleygrad View Post
          I've been waiting for SF to open up testing for recruits! Just put in my application last night. What's the application timeframe like? I'm assuming pretty long because it's such a huge department with hundreds (thousands?) of applicants.
          Over a year now. Just had Triage. Study for the test and you'll save yourself a few months of anguish. I did well on the reading but not so well on the writing.

Comment

• I need help understanding this statement:

"Candidates who pass the POST written examination or are exempt from the written examination will be placed on the eligible list in the order of their written score. Candidates exempt from the written examination based on a current California POST Basic, Intermediate or Advanced Certificate will be awarded a written score of 100."

Is "written score" synonymous with t-score? If it is, I'm in trouble because I don't have a CA POST certificate. A t-score of 80 puts a candidate in the top 99.9% of all test takers, but it is still 20 t-score points lower than 100. Presuming "written score" is synonymous with t-score, and presuming there will be hundreds of CA-POST certificate holders who will apply, how can any non-CA POST certificate holder hope to receive a competitive placement on the eligibility list? Am I missing something? I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by arresteddevelopment View Post
              I need help understanding this statement:

"Candidates who pass the POST written examination or are exempt from the written examination will be placed on the eligible list in the order of their written score. Candidates exempt from the written examination based on a current California POST Basic, Intermediate or Advanced Certificate will be awarded a written score of 100."

Is "written score" synonymous with t-score? If it is, I'm in trouble because I don't have a CA POST certificate. A t-score of 80 puts a candidate in the top 99.9% of all test takers, but it is still 20 t-score points lower than 100. Presuming "written score" is synonymous with t-score, and presuming there will be hundreds of CA-POST certificate holders who will apply, how can any non-CA POST certificate holder hope to receive a competitive placement on the eligibility list? Am I missing something? I hope I'm wrong.
              More or less you go to the top of the list, yeah. SF gives you a score based on t score and vet pts, and if you're holding a post cert you're above the rest. That being said I don't know that it gets you anywhere faster than a top scorer on the pelletb.

Comment

• I have been in the application process for over a year. I am on list 128-4. I have participated in all steps in the application process and am hoping for a spot in the Feb/2013 academy.

Anyone else in my shoes? Waiting on a call from my BI with good news basically. Been a long road, hoping for the best.

Comment

• anyone have there triage september 4th get a call from BI yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by MHBayArea View Post
                    I have been in the application process for over a year. I am on list 128-4. I have participated in all steps in the application process and am hoping for a spot in the Feb/2013 academy.

Anyone else in my shoes? Waiting on a call from my BI with good news basically. Been a long road, hoping for the best.
                    Same here. Should be 2 weeks prior to academy start for calls, I'm told.

Comment

• Yes me also...I just did my medical this morning and have a psych test date in Dec at the academy, hoping to be one of the recruits for the Feb academy. P.S. ( I was given a conditional job offer when I met with my B.I, is this pretty much routine for everyone?)

Comment

• modified original post
                        Last edited by supramkiii; 11-30-2012, 01:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mero64 View Post
                          Yes me also...I just did my medical this morning and have a psych test date in Dec at the academy, hoping to be one of the recruits for the Feb academy. P.S. ( I was given a conditional job offer when I met with my B.I, is this pretty much routine for everyone?)
                          Yea i got a conditional job offer as well. my BI said it was because they need it to do something related to a background check. He told me it doesn't mean anything. Sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by tvu View Post
                            anyone have there triage september 4th get a call from BI yet?
                            I had Triage on the 18th and i haven't heard anything yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by supramkiii View Post
                              hi all, long time reader first time poster. Just had my medical exam about a week ago and my EKG came out "abnormal" but I still haven't heard from my BI. Should I be worried? I've never had a stroke or any heart problems in the past. Has anyone else had problems and moved forward or been DQ because of this?
                              I'd call the MD at SFGH, I had a hearing test come back a little funny and he was helpful. Got a second test and I'm all good now.

Comment

• This email just went out:

Date: 11/29/2012 11:48AM
                                To S.F.P.D. applicants:
                                Please disregard this email if you have been hired or have been notified that you have been disqualified from the process.

If you are on the current list (E128-04), it is valid until February 2014. Currently, there is an open application through the Department of Human Resources' website and I have attached the link. I have been informed that you may apply even though you are a applicant on the current list.

We received over 1400 background packets and not all of them will be assigned to an investigator for various reasons. Please do not direct questions to the Public Safety team at the Department of Human Resources as they do not have any information regarding the background process. We appreciate all of your interest in the process and we will be sending out status letters as they apply. We are also looking into the possibility of posting information on the San Francisco Police Department website and will advise you as this occurs.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10765 users online. 381 members and 10384 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X